• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Aggrotek

The special event distribution has been announced for the Pokémon Video Game Championships next weekend in Vancouver. This Pokémon is a special Smeargle with the moves False Swipe, Spore, Mean Look & Odor Sleuth which allow it to be the perfect Pokémon for catching others. It's distributed at Level 50 and is said to have high Speed & Attack IVs. The Smeargle distribution will take place on Saturday, August 10th from noon to 8 p.m. and Sunday, August 11th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Oh dang, I could really use one of those. If anyone here is attending the VGCs in Vancouver next weekend, would you graciously pick a Smeargle up for me? I'll trade absolutely anything you want for it, including one of my shinies.
I will trade a shiny for one too. Will help me in my shiny hunting!

Andrefpvs

The special event distribution has been announced for the Pokémon Video Game Championships next weekend in Vancouver. This Pokémon is a special Smeargle with the moves False Swipe, Spore, Mean Look & Odor Sleuth which allow it to be the perfect Pokémon for catching others. It's distributed at Level 50 and is said to have high Speed & Attack IVs. The Smeargle distribution will take place on Saturday, August 10th from noon to 8 p.m. and Sunday, August 11th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Ahah, this Smeargle is just like my Smeargle! (except mine has Ingrain instead of Odor Sleuth)

And yet, for some reason, I desperately want this one... sigh.

DaBoss

I think I'm gonna go pre-order Pokémon Y there soon.

2yTh05a.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The pointless text of "EB Exclusive", ESRB rating, and Nintendo 3DS kinda ruins it. Maybe the logo and legendary "stats" too.

DaBoss

I didn't do the FS pre-orders (I barely even do pre-orders lol). I'm getting both games, one digital and one physical.

So that means midnight launch for me. :p

EB games still exists? Im gunning for midnight release instead of pre ordering :)

Well in Canada, it is EB Games and not GameStop.

The pointless text of "EB Exclusive", ESRB rating, and Nintendo 3DS kinda ruins it. Maybe the logo and legendary "stats" too.

Yea, official posters suck because of that.

zroid

Banned
Maybe for you...

I ordered mine online :(

Yea, we might get it on Monday -- they tend to ship Sunday releases on Fridays. Still doesn't guarantee it'll arrive on Monday though. :(

I have mixed results.

edit: crap, it's a Saturday? OK WELL FORGET THAT *crying in agony*

Bulbasaur

Banned
So it's less than 12 weeks now, right?

I'm really going to try and avoid spoilers from this point on. My main aim though is to not witness the starter's evolutions till I actually have the game in my hands! But we'll see how that goes.. Not feeling confident on that one!

So... have you guys thought about what will be your starter Pokémon? Has that changed from the first look? Will you have a separate, frequently used partner instead?

So it's less than 12 weeks now, right?

I'm really going to try and avoid spoilers from this point on. My main aim though is to not witness the starter's evolutions till I actually have the game in my hands! But we'll see how that goes.. Not feeling confident on that one!

Pssst...

They're all Fire/Fighting.

So... have you guys thought about what will be your starter Pokémon? Has that changed from the first look? Will you have a separate, frequently used partner instead?

I was always planning on going with Chespin (which will become definite if its final form is Dark-type), but I may give Froakie a whirl since I had this premonition that its evolutions are going be absolutely amazing.

I just hope that the starters' final forms will be more gender-neutral this time around. Samurott and Emboar both have manly facial hair, fer god's sake.

Bulbasaur

Banned

I liked Froakie at first however Chespin looks as though it could have an awesome final form and I typically lean towards grass anyway... But no, I guess I like Froakie's design too much.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's a pretty legit screenshot of what appears to be the Orotto Trailer floating around...

I'm sure the people who saw the movie can verify it...uh, I'm kind of nervous to post the picture since someone snapped a picture in the theater to get it and all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There's a pretty legit screenshot of what appears to be the Orotto Trailer floating around...

I'm sure the people who saw the movie can verify it...uh, I'm kind of nervous to post the picture since someone snapped a picture in the theater to get it and all.

Orotto look terrible and I would rather to see those artists' rought draft design to be in.

Quest1

Chespin on the first go. Hopefully it evolves into something amazing (and as a plus, viable). I like all three though. I'm torn as to whether or not I want to know what the evos look like before, but I don't want to go on a blackout. Meh. I doubt I have the willpower.

Watch Da Birdie

Even clearer pics of Orotto are out, guess the Movie Trailer might be on the net now somewhere.

I'm literally shaking GAF, this Pokemon is too scary for me. That's it, I quit. I'm going to have nightmares!

Watch Da Birdie

Seems this is from a video uploaded to the JP EShop, the one that's been in theaters:

6wepKdP.jpg

Top Bottom