• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

zroid

Banned
The only right choice.
fennekinpile.jpg

isn't there a rule about no explicit fan art?
:p

Tiamant

Hi guys! Yesterday I started playing online for the first time and I'd like to share my thoughts.

First of all, what's up with all these Cresselias? almost 80% of the teams have one. I guess she must be up in some tier list or something because I refuse to believe that so many people like it's shitty design. Not only Cresselia, Amoongus, Garchomp and Metagross are a plague, I roll my eyes at almost every battle preview, I think it's more fun to use the pokes you like but oh well...

The first matches were frustrating, either because my opponents were japanese kids with +900 wins (my morale harshly decreased) or because when I was about to win people fucking left, agh! Not that this is something exclusive to Pokemon, but jesus christ, punish those bastards!

I'm happy though. I'm no expert, I don't do EV's or IV's, I only check egg moves and beneficial natures and so far I've won half of my (20) matches, so yay for that.

All those wins couldn't have been possible without my secret weapon, my killer of giants, my ace of spades, the sleeper hit: Venomoth. I had a grin in my face every time I killed super prepared teams with the cute little moth, tinted lens + quiver dance wrecks a lot of unprepared teams, and by unprepared I mean a lot because all of them seem to be prepared only to win mirror matches.

My team is:

Venomoth (Timid) Wide Lens

-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Gigadrain
-Sleep powder

Typhlosion (Modest) I don't know the item name... the one that allows to make 2-turn moves in 1.

-Eruption
-Flamethrower
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast

Weavile (Adamant) Ice Gem

-Ice shard
-Brick Break
-Night Slash
-Fake Out

Honchkrow (Adamant) Focus Sash

-Sucker Punch
-Brave Bird
-Superpower
-Night Slash

Kabutops (Adamant) Water Gem

-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Brick Break

Breelom (Adamant) Fight Gem

-Mach Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Spore
-Drain Punch

I know, I know, I'm super weak to rock and since my team isn't fast neither slow, when someone throws Trick Room everything turns into a mess. I want to change Kabutops and Breelom for Marowak and Cloyster but I need to find a Thick Club and I believe there isn't any in BW2.

I have a question for you, PokeGAF. I'm not sure if it's already been discussed, but regardless, I present this query:

So, with the Pokemon Global Link being shut down, that means the Dream World is going away. For X/Y, what are the chances of the Dream World abilities staying in as they are? I've only very recently been able to experience these dream world abilities on my favorite 'Mons, since I never had access to Nintendo's wifi connection until I bought my 3DSXL recently, and I must say, some of these abilities are awesome! Sheer force Nidoking makes my favorite Pokemon even better, and I'd be very sore if that got taken away in the sixth gen. I'd make due, but it would still be very unfortunate.

What do you think PokeGAF? Do you hope these third abilities return for the upcoming gen? I for one really hope they do, for better and for worse.

As an aside, there are some really generous folks on the GTS. I'm too slow in getting to mess with the Pokemon Dream World, so I turned to the GTS to get my third ability 'Mons. I wanted a female Murkrow with Prankster, and in exchange for something like a Slugma, I got me a female adamant Murkrow with Prankster that also had Pokerus! Wow, I don't know if I can improve on that.

JoeM86

Yeah, we know that the Pokémon Global Link is returning

Anyway, shiny event details. Level 100. Dialga's moves: Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Roar of Time and Aura Sphere

Robin64

Yeah, we know that the Pokémon Global Link is returning

Anyway, shiny event details. Level 100. Dialga's moves: Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Roar of Time and Aura Sphere

They're all moves that Dialga can get normally anyway, no? Bit dissapointing.

Korosenai

I noticed on Amazon when looking at the strategy guide (which is $12.50 right now for anyone who might want to order it) that it says this:

"Hints on the best ways to use Roller Skates"

I wonder what it means by best ways.

JoeM86

I noticed on Amazon when looking at the strategy guide (which is $12.50 right now for anyone who might want to order it) that it says this:

You can grind on railings etc

Firestorm

Hi guys! Yesterday I started playing online for the first time and I'd like to share my thoughts.

First of all, what's up with all these Cresselias? almost 80% of the teams have one. I guess she must be up in some tier list or something because I refuse to believe that so many people like it's shitty design. Not only Cresselia, Amoongus, Garchomp and Metagross are a plague, I roll my eyes at almost every battle preview, I think it's more fun to use the pokes you like but oh well...

The first matches were frustrating, either because my opponents were japanese kids with +900 wins (my morale harshly decreased) or because when I was about to win people fucking left, agh! Not that this is something exclusive to Pokemon, but jesus christ, punish those bastards!
Yeah, the Pokemon you named are definitely among the top tier. Cresselia in particular along with Thundurus and Tyranitar. People don't use something because they see it high on a tier list. Pokemon are high on a tier list because they're good. People use good Pokemon to win. Contrary to the belief of a certain Elite Four member, strong Pokemon and weak Pokemon do exist!

If people run, they're doing it to save time. If they disconnect, they're just being little bitches.

Stage On

Ah lucky, it's nearly $17 in Canada

Top Bottom