• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Cleavage in kids games is a no-no in most of the world, but asses aren't as long as they are covered. I will say that she looks weird with that shirt and no cleavage, it's almost like she has a uniboob.

Yeah, nice detailed asses are fine it seems as long as you wear pants lol

I really don't understand why people liked this feature so much.

Same. It doesn't really add more to it. I honestly think Amie will handle the bonding much better but you'll have dissidents claiming otherwise.

zroid

Banned
Would've been nice to get both Pokémon-Amie and follower Pokémon, but I guess we can never have our cakes and eat them too. :(

I always found it very cute to have their little sprites follow behind you, and even though it wasn't a particularly useful mechanic, actually being able to directly interact with your Pokémon outside of battle was quite satisfying. The latter will luckily be handled by -Amie (and more meaningfully, too) , so I'm very happy with the feature, in general.

Boss Doggie

Hmm... Alexa's not wearing something beneath her jacket right? It'd explain the lack of cleavage. I mean, from what I remember, even Elesa has cleavage!

Ever own a dog? It's evokes the same feeling almost when you have your Pokemon walking with you.

But usually your dog tends to be dynamic :p

fates

Nah, they went to Kanto instead. That explains the eruption in Cinnabar Island!

*conspiracies*

They should bring back the Radio in XY, and have Coast to Coast AM where they talk about Missingno. trucks, 'M, and Eterna Forest hauntings.

Hmm... Alexa's not wearing something beneath her jacket right? It'd explain the lack of cleavage. I mean, from what I remember, even Elesa has cleavage!

But usually your dog tends to be dynamic :p

You have you reasons for liking Pokemon Amie, I have my reasons for not liking it, let's move on.

Boss Doggie

I know, I was just poking fun at the dog comparison. It'd be hilarious if it did dog things and you have to clean it up tho lol

Ever own a dog? It's evokes the same feeling almost when you have your Pokemon walking with you.

Yes, but I never get too attached to any Pokemon since whoever is following me is always just who I have out in front at the time, which changes all the time. Maybe if you could set the Pokemon that's following you to something else other than the one in first I'd like it more.

Pokemon Amie seems like a better idea to get across the whole bonding thing.

Yes, but I never get too attached to any Pokemon since whoever is following me is always just who I have out in front at the time, which changes all the time. Maybe if you could set the Pokemon that's following you to something else other than the one in first I'd like it more.

Pokemon Amie seems like a better idea to get across the whole bonding thing.

It allows you to feel better connected to your entire team instead of one specific Pokemon, though there will probably be one you prefer over the others. The Pokemon following you thing could be even better if GF chose to expand it more and it's something I prefer more over interacting via a touch screen, especially since I'm not fond of that kind of feature anyways.

I don't want to play a dumb minigame to bond with my Pokemon. But it's apparently too much to ask to have them follow me.

XY is looking less and less appealing as time goes by.

Boss Doggie

I don't want to play a dumb minigame to bond with my Pokemon. But it's apparently too much to ask to have them follow me.

XY is looking less and less appealing as time goes by.

One actually feels like you're bonding while the other just treats the Pokemon like an accessory though. At the very least the former has some gameplay applications.

Regiruler

Following was cool but I imagine they already have their hands full making the models.

On that note I don't think we've seen any pokemon overworld models at all.
QEtT6D6.png
Might get as the colorings are really cool.

Does anyone want them to go back to event items as opposed to just being handed the pokemon itself? I want to have a challenge to capture the pokemon, having it handed to me on a silver platter is boring. In particular, the Darkrai event was amazing.
Too bad they never released the azure flute.

On that note I don't think we've seen any pokemon overworld models at all.

Rhyhorn and Gogoat. Those models do seem to have a lot less polygons than Gogoat's in-battle model. The trainer's in-battle model is also different from the overworld model.

EDIT: Dang it! Ninja'd.

fates

Yeah I don't know how much foresight Gamefreak had to not realize how this is gonna backfire. I hope they don't browse the internet much in their free time.

However, there is a certain novelty in it basically being Nintendogs: Pokemon.

Quest1

When I first saw it, I thought Mon-amie was dumb and brushed it off. Now I'm just indifferent, but really until we find out how it affects other aspects of the game (i.e evolvition,happiness, EVs, the rumored "luck" stat, etc.) then can't really judge it too much. Well, besides the obvious creepy factor of petting certain Pokemon...

Boss Doggie

Hahahahaha ok

Well, at least that mechanic has some rewards rather than just being aesthetic, and you see your Pokemon reacting to you rather than relying with some generic "X did Y" text.

Yeah I don't know how much foresight Gamefreak had to not realize how this is gonna backfire. I hope they don't browse the internet much in their free time.

However, there is a certain novelty in it basically being Nintendogs: Pokemon.

Actually they did. Don't forget about bad touch zones!

badtouch68u9r.jpg

It's a no-no to touch Pikachu's inner thighs!

Also here are the noted tsundere-mons

fierce2hfzdz.jpg
fierce18haet.jpg

The download versions of XY will require 1.7GB of space

As big as MH3 eh?

Also someone should make a thread about it, that Pokemon size. I honestly think game size deserves its own thread.

Anura

When I first saw it, I thought Mon-amie was dumb and brushed it off. Now I'm just indifferent, but really until we find out how it affects other aspects of the game (i.e evolvition,happiness, EVs, the rumored "luck" stat, etc.) then can't really judge it too much. Well, besides the obvious creepy factor of petting certain Pokemon...

For me it only matters if it become the ONLY way to do some of those things...

MikeMyers

I haven't got much experience in the Uber Metagame so I'm not sure, I just noticed it on Smogon's homepage

Holy shit that analysis has so many paragraphs for only one set listed.

Zaventem

I'd prefer that over "pokemon name" cries every day!

I don't think adding pokemon name cries are necessary as the only thing that's connected to is the anime and only pikachu gets a pass for that in my book, but updating the pokevoices to better sounding more natural grunts/sounds ( for the more natural pokemon) i think would be welcomed in this day and age.

Boss Doggie

I find it weird that people suddenly assume Fennekin is part Fighting for using Glow Punch, but didn't bat an eye when it used a Psychic move lol

I don't think adding pokemon name cries are necessary as the only thing that's connected to is the anime and only pikachu gets a pass for that in my book, but updating the pokevoices to better sounding more natural grunts/sounds ( for the more natural pokemon) i think would be welcomed in this day and age.

Oh I welcome that, especially for Gen 1 and 2 cries. I thought you mean using anime cries :p

pokemon x lives up to its name

ZzCEMVj.png

Do you want to protect Sylveon?

Seeing as the that rumour on PokeBeach has been correct on so many occasions I don't doubt that we will be seeing Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting evolutions.

Boss Doggie

In hindsight, Inkay is really creepy. It has this evil psychic powers yet it hides on the face of a cute squid.

I remember when everyone was convinced that Oshawott's evos would be part fighting because it used Revenge.

I'd want it to be part fighting though :/

I find it weird that people suddenly assume Fennekin is part Fighting for using Glow Punch, but didn't bat an eye when it used a Psychic move lol

People don't want another fire/fighting type, so they're gonna worry about anything that suggests even a slight possibility of it being true :p.

Top Bottom