• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Wilbur

Banned
Seeing as the that rumour on PokeBeach has been correct on so many occasions I don't doubt that we will be seeing Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting evolutions.

Best type on paper is Fennekin, but he's also the starter I like the least

gotta follow my heart and go with best appearance

Froakie is increasingly becoming my dog

Best type on paper is Fennekin, but he's also the starter I like the least

gotta follow my heart and go with best appearance

Froakie is increasingly becoming my dog

And assuming that the Pokebeach rumor was 100% right on this it will only be tickled by Fairy type.

JoeM86

Here's the boxarts for the blue 3DS LL

xy1box.jpg
xy1box2.jpg

I think I'm used to it so I don't think I will be disappointed by yet another Fire/Fighting.

Also... Congratulations on becoming a member!
Yeah I don't think I'd be bothered either, though I don't think it will happen. I can imagine Fennekin evolving into something elegant, maybe something inspired by French monarchy could complement Empoleon and Serperior given the game's setting. Although they could go the Renamon route ;p.

And thanks.

Macka

So two Pokemon X/Y games downloaded on a 3DS can't communicate.

Surely they could have made an eShop app that lets you transfer Pokemon between the two versions? That's the kind of feature that would make me actually consider getting the downloadable release. So if people who buy the downloadable versions want to trade, they will need two 3DS systems as well as another copy of Pokemon X/Y. It also takes much longer if you just want to transfer a Pokemon between your two versions, as you'd need to trade to a third game first. That sucks.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So two Pokemon X/Y games downloaded on a 3DS can't communicate.

Surely they could have made an eShop app that lets you transfer Pokemon between the two versions? That's the kind of feature that would make me actually consider getting the downloadable release. So if people who buy the downloadable versions want to trade, they will need two 3DS systems as well as another copy of Pokemon X/Y. It also takes much longer if you just want to transfer a Pokemon between your two versions, as you'd need to trade to a third game first. That sucks.

I thought it's kinda given that you always need a second system to trade.

Macka

I thought it's kinda given that you always need a second system to trade.
True. It's just...it seems feasible for there to be a transfer app! I was hoping for the best. It doesn't affect me anyway, since I'll be getting a physical copy, but it definitely sucks for the people that choose to download.

Anura

Anyone else here plan on getting Y digital and X physical or vice versa?

To me that sounds like a good plan of action for those who plan on getting both

If the LE 3DS XL ever comes to NA, then I'll get the one with X preinstalled and keep my physical copy of Y.

Either way, I need that XL.

I'm going with a physical copy...I love the allure of digital but then I remember this is Nintendo we're talking about so I'll play it safe and do the hard copy thing,

Quest1

Yup, pre-ordered X in store and plan on downloading Y. I usually don't have the urge to buy both copies, but I want a physical copy of the game (for safety), but also the convenience of having a digital copy always on my 3DS. For my X playthrough, I'm going to use only brand new Pokemon, and for the Y playthrough, I'll use my tried and true past gen pokes (if they let me transfer. Masuda pls...)

Salsa

so a friend got a pokemon tattoo

ibltvCguETGl8D.jpg

yellow sprites

he actually got another one of a pokeball on his foot

it looks surprisingly alright, but yeah, dont think i'd do it

Streetpass, what's that?

They should just disable that feature for anywhere not called Japan and let us get the rewards another way.

That'd be unfair to those of us who live in areas where streetpasses aren't too hard to get, though. Once they put in the Nintendo Zone thing I'll likely max out on a typical school day.

fates

Lucky!

My first caught shiny ever (not counting the Red Gyarados obviously) was a Patrat. Was the first random encounter I had in BW1.

... the only other shiny I ran into was a shiny Meowth in FireRed, but it belonged to a trainer on the Sevii Islands. I kept throwing the pokeballs but nothing happened :(

I killed the only shiny I saw...it was a Shiny Mightyena in Emerald...I kicked myself as soon as I realized what I just fainted, never seen one since ugh

Congrats!
Thanks! I don't really like the colors though, but I'll take what I can get, even one as lame as Garcomp.

Lucky!

My first caught shiny ever (not counting the Red Gyarados obviously) was a Patrat. Was the first random encounter I had in BW1.

... the only other shiny I ran into was a shiny Meowth in FireRed, but it belonged to a trainer on the Sevii Islands. I kept throwing the pokeballs but nothing happened :(
I do remember Fire red having a few trainers with shiny Pokemon, but I didn't know about them then. I kept thinking, "Huh? A green Espeon?"

GAMERG0D

I feel dumb, I just learned that Rock beats Bug.

My first shiny was a Bidoof by Hearthome City. I don't think I have it anymore.

My first shiny was a Wooper in the Great Marsh, anyone else in the Purple Quagsire club? In terms of random encounters I've got a Gastrodon, a Galvantula and a Camerupt as well.

I've also got the Shiny Charm but that really doesn't feel like it has made a difference.

Top Bottom