• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but "The Official Kalos Region Guidebook" gives me premonitions of substantial post-game content. Didn't HGSS and BW have 2 guides each for main game/PokéDex + post-game?

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but "The Official Kalos Region Guidebook" gives me premonitions of substantial post-game content. Didn't HGSS and BW have 2 guides each for main game/PokéDex + post-game?

Platinum too, but that was just a way to get suckers to buy 2 guides.

Also, B/W was barebones compares to BW2, or even HGSS.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Still, I expect the typical news content but occupying more pages than usual, especially when Smash is also hyping it.

With that said, doesn't Pokemon USA usually mention it too, to coincide with Smash? I remember them doing it for Sylveon and Newtwo.

JoeM86

Weird, where did the 7th come from?

Also someone in 2ch is apparently leaking stuff. But it's 2ch so :lol

People seem to be of the belief that if it is from someone in Japan, it must be true.

Remember last month when someone "leaked" what was in CoroCoro? Turned out to be bull.

General rule of thumb is, if there are no pictures, ignore it. If the pictures are awful, ignore it.

Wichu

People seem to be of the belief that if it is from someone in Japan, it must be true.

Remember last month when someone "leaked" what was in CoroCoro? Turned out to be bull.

General rule of thumb is, if there are no pictures, ignore it. If the pictures are awful, ignore it.

...but rumours are fun to read
and scoff at
!

OctoWara289

Neo Member

Hello, Joe!

You did say a few days back that we could potentially have leaks between the 7th and the 11th, if I'm not mistaken, no? Isn't the magazine coming a week earlier than usual or something?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I know it's fake. Notice my "but it's from 2ch :lol" post :p

JoeM86

Hello, Joe!

You did say a few days back that we could potentially have leaks between the 7th and the 11th, if I'm not mistaken, no? Isn't the magazine coming a week earlier than usual or something?

It is due out on August 12th rather than on the 15th like most months.

When it's on the 15th, then leaks have been known to come any time from 10th to 14th. Typically it's on the 12th or 13th.

As such, with it being 3 days ahead, it will leak any time from the 7th to the 11th, most likely on the 9th or 10th

OctoWara289

Neo Member
It is due out on August 12th rather than on the 15th like most months.

When it's on the 15th, then leaks have been known to come any time from 10th to 14th. Typically it's on the 12th or 13th.

As such, with it being 3 days ahead, it will leak any time from the 7th to the 11th, most likely on the 9th or 10th

Got'cha, boo!

Hey Poke community, I need your help! Im currently bidding on a Pokemon item on ebay, the problem is the seller doesn't ship to Europe. I want to send the item to your US address, and you ship it to Europe. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance! :)

Hey Poke community, I need your help! Im currently bidding on a Pokemon item on ebay, the problem is the seller doesn't ship to Europe. I want to send the item to your US address, and you ship it to Europe. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance! :)

I think there exists services around the Internet that can offer you to redirected shipping, for a small fee.

Also consider looking at other places on eBay and the Internet. Out of curiosity, what were you bidding for?

Hi PokeGAF. I'm toying around with the idea of going back and getting all 151 pokemon on my copy of Yellow. I have a Yellow Cartridge and Blue one and am only missing 26.

Here's my list:

Capture.PNG

I think I have pretty good coverage except for Ekans/Arbok and Electrabuzz that are Red only.

My specific question is this: both times I played through, I got HitmonChan instead of HitmonLEE. (Jackie Chan > Bruce Lee). So, is it possible to get Lee without playing through the whole game again?

Anyone want to comment on how doable this all is? I figure it's something chill I can play while I watch TV.

I think there exists services around the Internet that can offer you to redirected shipping, for a small fee.

Also consider looking at other places on eBay and the Internet. Out of curiosity, what were you bidding for?

A GB Pokemon game lol. Those services are not cheap btw :/

My specific question is this: both times I played through, I got HitmonChan instead of HitmonLEE. (Jackie Chan > Bruce Lee). So, is it possible to get Lee without playing through the whole game again?.

If you only have those two games and don't feel like glitching to get one, you will have to restart. As for ways to get Hitmonlee without restarting:

1. Defeat the Elite 4 in Stadium 1's Gym Leader Castle. Upon defeating the Rival, you will be given a random choice Pokemon from the games (Kabuto, Hitmonchan, Squirtle, etc.).

2. Get a copy of a Gen 2 game, trade one of the Hitmonchan to it (you will need to play up to Ecruteak to unlock the Time Capsule), breed that Hitmonchan with a Ditto, make sure the resulting Tyrogue has a higher attack stat than defense when it hits level 20, and trade the new Hitmonlee back to Yellow.

3. If you still have a trainer that will walk up to you as soon as it appears onscreen (for example, the gambler outside of the Lavender-side Underground, or the guy nearby the Nugget Bridge that says "I saw your feat from the grass!") you can perform a glitch that allows you to find and capture any Pokemon. The last time I checked it was still being referred to as "The Mew Glitch" so if you're interested, look up how to perform the various steps on Youtube or something. You will need a Pokemon with a special stat of 43 to get Hitmonlee.

If you only have those two games and don't feel like glitching to get one, you will have to restart. As for ways to get Hitmonlee without restarting:

1. Defeat the Elite 4 in Stadium 1's Gym Leader Castle. Upon defeating the Rival, you will be given a random choice Pokemon from the games (Kabuto, Hitmonchan, Squirtle, etc.).

2. Get a copy of a Gen 2 game, trade one of the Hitmonchan to it (you will need to play up to Ecruteak to unlock the Time Capsule), breed that Hitmonchan with a Ditto, make sure the resulting Tyrogue has a higher attack stat than defense when it hits level 20, and trade the new Hitmonlee back to Yellow.

3. If you still have a trainer that will walk up to you as soon as it appears onscreen (for example, the gambler outside of the Lavender-side Underground, or the guy nearby the Nugget Bridge that says "I saw your feat from the grass!") you can perform a glitch that allows you to find and capture any Pokemon. The last time I checked it was still being referred to as "The Mew Glitch" so if you're interested, look up how to perform the various steps on Youtube or something. You will need a Pokemon with a special stat of 43 to get Hitmonlee.

Thanks for the help. I do have a Gen 2 game, Silver. Silver has the other pokemon I'm missing (Ekans/Electabuzz). Is it possible to trade back then? Because that would mean this whole thing would be doable w/o glitching.

Thanks for the help. I do have a Gen 2 game, Silver. Silver has the other pokemon I'm missing (Ekans/Electabuzz). Is it possible to trade back then? Because that would mean this whole thing would be doable w/o glitching.
You can trade back as long as you don't have any new moves or Pokemon on your team in Silver. By new moves, I mean moves added in Gen 2 like Beat Up or Magnitude, not a move a Pokemon couldn't learn in Gen 1 like Blastoise knowing Ice Punch or Pidgey knowing Tackle.

Firestorm

When do they start?

Also: Episode 12: Salvation
Schedule at the link. Also have more info in our news story here: http://nuggetbridge.com/media/livestreams-at-the-2013-pokemon-world-championships/

Really excited about the commentary situations :) They're pulling from the community this year rather than using GameSpot. My friends Scott and Evan (co-founders of Nugget Bridge) will be doing the video game commentary. TCG commentary is being handled by Josue of The Top Cut (the best TCG media resource) and The JWittz who is a YouTube superstar. Gonna be good stuff!

You guys might have heard Scott and Evan in the independent streams I link to from time and time.

Firestorm

Why are games at 9 AM.
How is the card game bigger.
TCG scene has been in development since 2004 under Pokemon. Video game started in 2008. They need more time to complete the TCG so they're doing video game in the morning in case the TCG isn't at finals yet.

They will probably do Juniors, Seniors, and then Masters Finals last. Masters is the top age division.

Would love it if you guys also posted a bit more in this thread!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637573

Competitive pokemans needs more love

Kyzer

Banned
I haven't been able to touch Black 2 since I moved in June... :(

I hate jumping back in after so much time gone.

Side note:

There seriously needs to be a smogon-like community but for official tourney rules.

Heyo. Long time lurker and first time poster, here.

Being a fan of the Po-Kee-Mans, I just thought I'd introduce myself.

Also, first post on GAF! Woo-hoo!

Top Bottom