• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Welcome? What's your favorite Poke?

001_zpsf42ccd56.gif

He's my first... my last... my everything. Thanks for asking!

It's a distinct possibility, but I'm not so sure.

My personal view is that at most we'll get an XY bundle announced for the west
I'd buy that were this not a worldwide Direct. There needs to be content for the Japanese audience, who've already had their bundles announced. If there really is big revelatory info in this Coro Coro, it makes zero sense to not include it in the Japanese, and by extension worldwide, Direct.

I'd be tempering my expectations for the Direct tomorrow if I were you guys. Pokémon's Twitter account would have teased it if we were getting something substantial.

However, by all means, do get hyped for this weekend. Any CoroCoro news is good news!

There seriously needs to be a smogon-like community but for official tourney rules.

nuggetbridge.com is as close as you'll get right now. They have plenty of guides and team analysis articles and you can work from there. They have WiFi tourneys too but I have no idea when they'll start up again.

While we (im)patiently await Coro Coro/Direct info, a quick question for the lot of you:

Have you ever "Caught 'em all?" Have you ever attempted to? And if not, how come?

Just curious.

Never attempted to catch them all because I play Pokemon for the battling part of the gameplay, not the catching. :p In other words, I've never really gave a care about catching them all.

Anura

While we (im)patiently await Coro Coro/Direct info, a quick question for the lot of you:

Have you ever "Caught 'em all?" Have you ever attempted to? And if not, how come?

Just curious.

I got them all just recently in my black 2!

It's that shiny charm that finally drove me to do it

JoeM86

I'd buy that were this not a worldwide Direct. There needs to be content for the Japanese audience, who've already had their bundles announced. If there really is big revelatory info in this Coro Coro, it makes zero sense to not include it in the Japanese, and by extension worldwide, Direct.

The Worldwide Directs have always had different lengths, different pacing etc.

They start off with Iwata doing more worldwide things then split off to Trinen/Shibata/Iwata for NA/EU/JP respectively.

As such, it stands to reason that they'd be in the latter

Shengar

I got my account approved today (thank you based EviLore) and just want to introduce myself here!
I love Pokemon series to death, but most of my love goes to the human character(game and manga). Is that normal?

Welcome, a bunch of new members that seem to have came here within the span of a few days! It seems like this is the new member season...

Probably a good thing.

Some characters are very likable.

Zelias

Banned

Just curious.
In 1st gen, yes. In the others, uh, various attempts that have never reached 100% completion. May try with X & Y though.

The Worldwide Directs have always had different lengths, different pacing etc.

They start off with Iwata doing more worldwide things then split off to Trinen/Shibata/Iwata for NA/EU/JP respectively.

As such, it stands to reason that they'd be in the latter
I absolutely do not buy that the Japanese Direct for the rest of the year's titles will not mention easily the biggest one in the same week as it gets big new info.
I always kinda thought that'd steal Coro Coro/Smash's thunder.
Tell that to January's Pokèmon Direct and the E3 Direct. It's very clear that The Pokèmon Company have zero issue with barging Coro Coro out of the way if it suits them.

Isn't Smash doing a big X and Y thing before Coro Coro's publication date?

JoeM86

Well, having Iwata spell the info out for you in a video is easier than translating a bunch of Coro Coro pages, I'd guess. :p

This is true.

It's just the first time that happened, my PC completely and utterly died 40 minutes beforehand. That was fun. I never actually watched the Pokémon Direct, just got the press assets up as soon as I could and watched the trailer.
Last time, I missed the enjoyment of the E3 Direct because I was busy posting stuff from it, especially when I got the press assets in my e-mail minutes later.

Well, I'm prepared this time. I have mission control all set up. Three screens, two inputs. Let the bob-ombs drop

This is, of course, assuming that the scoop of the century is at least partially deserving of the name.

If not... Well, I still think some new info will probably be in the Direct, but quite possibly nothing all that revelatory.

JoeM86

Your entire setup is gonna break and it's not going to be fixed by turning it off and on again.

Thanks for that :p

I have a laptop as backup now, anyway

This is, of course, assuming that the scoop of the century is at least partially deserving of the name.

If not... Well, I still think some new info will probably be in the Direct, but quite possibly nothing all that revelatory.

My theory is that the scoop of the century is a certain Electric rat becoming Fairy-type

Shengar

Welcome, a bunch of new members that seem to have came here within the span of a few days! It seems like this is the new member season...

Probably a good thing.

Some characters are very likable.
Too likeable to my taste. Sugimori Ken really have the knack for design characters outfit. Though some of his work lately have some flaw while his finest works in HGSS clearly flawless in all direction. Still satisfying I guess. I hope for more Matsuba/Morty(new) and less Skyla.
Thanks for that :p

I have a laptop as backup now, anyway

My theory is that the scoop of the century is a certain Electric rat becoming Fairy-type

With certain picture in mind
I'm fine with this

Wichu

Sooo... will Pikachu still need Hidden Power Ice if it becomes Fairy? I think it might, since it still hits Grass-types it might have trouble with otherwise, and lighter Ground-types that don't take much damage from Grass Knot (or are named Gliscor).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tell that to January's Pokèmon Direct and the E3 Direct. It's very clear that The Pokèmon Company have zero issue with barging Coro Coro out of the way if it suits them.

Isn't Smash doing a big X and Y thing before Coro Coro's publication date?

Oh yeah, completely forgot about those two, although for the Coro Coro in June we also got Flabébé, Scatterbug, Spewpa, and Litleo (but strangely no Clauncher and Skrelp, only revealed in July for the X/Y exclusivity).

And yeah Smash comes out before the Coro release.

If we're lucky, the Pokemon news is in Direct... PLUS some new mons in Coro!

:/ im gonna be taking a test that starts right at 10 est

Hahah well, good luck :3

1) Welcome, new members! I hope you all enjoy your time here.

2) Nintendo Direct starts in less than 30 minutes! I hope we'll get news of a special edition X&Y 3DS!

Quest1

This Direct kinda seems out of nowhere, so I'm hoping for new games completely, but wouldn't be surprised if it was just updates on already announced titles. More Wonderful 101 development stories, yay -_-

Just announce Pokemon Snap U with XY compatibility, is that too much to ask? (Yeah, it is). At least announce compatibility with BW2 and old Pokes. NintendoPls.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm actually not expecting a lot on the direct, but the Japanese one seemed to have more news.

With that said, I'm more hyped for Coro.

Please be out tomorrow pls

Top Bottom