• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Apparently this is what we are going to be seeing:

tumblr_mr76q91YOH1r8sc3ro1_500.png

Harimaron (Chespin)→ Haribogu (Grass Type)
Fokko (Fennekin) → Diancy (fire type)
Keromatsu (Froakie) → Gekkouga [water & Fighting Type]
Borukenion (poison/ fire type) Looks like Suicune
Deden’ne - Appearance and childish (Psychic Type)

tumblr_mr763oj3xs1r8sc3ro1_500.png

Orotto - Ghost/ Grass Type
Esper - Dragon / Fairy Type
Fairy type is weak to poison/Steel type , no affected by dragon type attacks. Damage from Fire and Psychic are divided by 2
PSS - 10 new avatar to choose from
Flabebe evolution (Fairy/ Grass Type) - Sits on top of a flower cover / wrap in vines
Peteron - a silver / blue shape star pokemon (Steel type)

As Joe previously said though, no pictures usually = bull, but I though the PokeCommunity may be interested to see it anyway! We'll be finding out very soon anyway!

Remember last month with all the text based statements allegedly from CoroCoro?

Indeed I do, taking this with a pinch of salt but I see no harm in speculation. Quick question, what's your opinion on the likeliness of starter evolutions being revealed in this batch? I've seen a lot of people on GAF and on your own forums who seem to be expecting it but I was under the impression that we never got starter evolutions this far before release.

JoeM86

Indeed I do, taking this with a pinch of salt but I see no harm in speculation. Quick question, what's your opinion on the likeliness of starter evolutions being revealed in this batch? I've seen a lot of people on GAF and on your own forums who seem to be expecting it but I was under the impression that we never got starter evolutions this far before release.

There have been three examples of getting starter evolutions before launch

The originals, obviously.
Blaziken was then shown before RS due to it having a place in the anime
In BW, Servine, Pignite and Dewott were shown in the CoroCoro released 3 days before launch.

Yes, the Unova ones leaked earlier, but a guy got arrested for doing that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey Joe, you said Gamescom will have an XY demo right? You think we'll get some news from German Pokemon fans?

DaBoss

"PSS - 10 new avatars to choose from"

That means trainer customization is not what will make it look like the PSS icon? Assuming that is actually true of course.

Even though I want to try and get on the thread ahead of time (some are too fast :p ), one thing that Bomb IX needs is an indication that this is new news for August - the title alone doesn't tell anyone anything. Something like "August CoroCoro/Official Site New Information".

Even though I want to try and get on the thread ahead of time (some are too fast :p ), one thing that Bomb IX needs is an indication that this is new news for August - the title alone doesn't tell anyone anything. Something like "August CoroCoro/Official Site New Information".

I do hope that every thread starter-would-bes take note of this. Sometimes it can get confusing when it isn't dated.

JoeM86

Mention the Scoop of the Century

Ahh neat :D

What are the chances of new mons/new features in a demo?

In the demo...it's possible, that's how we got Roserade, Audino, Basculin & Darumaka. We also got details of Emolga and Gigalith prior to the official reveal in CoroCoro

I will, however, be very surprised if the first ever Pokémon Game Show goes without a new Pokémon reveal

DaBoss

PokéBOMB IX: New August CoroCoro Info; "Scoop of the Century"

DaBoss

Holy hell, is that a Lucario evo?

And that other thing looks like Blaziken.

Oh it looks like all of those Pokémon change.

Is it some DNA modification thing? That's what it seems like.

Baby Gogoat, a bunny, and the Pikachu-"clone" of the gen.

DaBoss

I just realized, 2 of my all-time faves (Blaziken and Lucario) and one I like a lot (Ampharos) are there. I wonder what good stuff is going to happen to them.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Holy hell, is that a Lucario evo?

And that other thing looks like Blaziken.

Oh it looks like all of those Pokémon change.

Is it some DNA modification thing? That's what it seems like.

Baby Gogoat, a bunny, and the Pikachu-"clone" of the gen.

I just realized, 2 of my all-time faves (Blaziken and Lucario) and one I like a lot (Ampharos) are there. I wonder what good stuff is going to happen to them.

Oh wow. If those news are real, then that would be so awesome. They look so badass so we know that it is more likely to be fake.

Aggrotek

2ch is. I'm uneasy about it because it's out of leftfield.

If you look at the scan with the Rabbit, it has absol's foot in it, yet the picture of the rabbit isn't on the page with all the other pokes, it looks like the same shot of Absol's foot. I get the feeling these are fake.

Like why Blaziken? Doesn't need anything at all, idk just feels off.

DaBoss

If you look at the scan with the Rabbit, it has absol's foot in it, yet the picture of the rabbit isn't on the page with all the other pokes, it looks like the same shot of Absol's foot. I get the feeling these are fake.

Like why Blaziken? Doesn't need anything at all, idk just feels off.

Well it shows a picture of Absol in battle above the Pikachu-"clone".

I feel like the best bet of determining whether it is fake is by looking at baby Gogoat fanart and if those Mega Pokémon are fanart as well.

I get the idea of mega evolutions, but I'm not sure why Mawile and Absol would need those when they're each only one stage and could just have normal evolutions. I'm also a bit surprised about an older starter getting one.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see to know its legitimacy.

Why provide additional evolutions to already popular Pokemon when there are plenty of underutilized ones that could benefit from pre-evolutions, Stage 1 and Stage 2s?

Delio

Wait..Blaziken got an evolution? Or is this some side evolutuion. I'm dying right now.

Blaziken looks amazing in this new form btw.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why provide additional evolutions to already popular Pokemon when there are plenty of underutilized ones that could benefit from pre-evolutions, Stage 1 and Stage 2s?

That's true, but it's possible that every basic pokemon might have their own form. If not then it don't make any sense other than popularity.

Shengar

I hope someone post a picture or something because my internet connection isn't suited for video streaming.

This
Lucario already popular and it already have good stats+good types. There are many other Pokemon need some love too.

Zeroth

I hope someone post a picture or something because my internet connection isn't suited for video streaming.

This
Lucario already popular and it already have good stats+good types. There are many other Pokemon need some love too.

Someone on GAF already confirmed that there will be more forms, and either way, a good way to introduce this is to shown both popular and unpopular pokemon with it, which happened!

Shengar

I'll just wait for further info before pass down any judgement. Heck, I might hold it down untill I play it myself because rage over something new make me feels old.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
OMG, HORY SHET. Check dat Serebii tweet!

Who needs Fennekin when you can get a Torchic with a Mega Stone the same day the game launches?! Chespin is looking better already! :D

ffdgh

I suppose one good thing could come out of this...mega floatzel if it exist and hav....wait mega flareon could be a thing now o_O

Top Bottom