• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Kyzer

Banned
So if the pokebeach rumors are true about choosing a gen 1 starter, were deff getting their mega forms as well.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
So if the pokebeach rumors are true about choosing a gen 1 starter, were deff getting their mega forms as well.

SUPER MECHA BLASTOISE!

Edit: And now everyone can finally have their Dragon Charizard.

Is this really happening guys? I apologize if I'm posting too much, but I'm like pumped, excited, confused, and just in awe all at once. Please tell me I'm not the only one!

If Blaziken's getting a new form, won't they have to give every other final starter evolution a new form to balance things out? Guess it depends on how this is implemented.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
After gathering my thoughts...

13760328496754aa51.png

Shengar

Thanks for the direction, But I still don't understand about this "mega" thing.

Is it like bigger, faster, stronger version of a final evolution? Or a different form altogether?

EDIT: Nevermind. After read the twitter post, so it is much more akin to "berserk" mode or "hyper" mode

I'm fine with that. Thanks for not making me feels old Game Freak

Wilbur

Banned
Don't get why one stage Pokemon like Mawile and Absol aren't just getting evolutions instead of these.

Fuck it, I always pick Pokemon based on their appearance, so I'll be bummed competitively when everyone's picking Mega Blaziken and I fucking hate it.

Shengar

Don't get why one stage Pokemon like Mawile and Absol aren't just getting evolutions instead of these.

Fuck it, I always pick Pokemon based on their appearance, so I'll be bummed competitively when everyone's picking Mega Blaziken and I fucking hate it.

You are not alone mate.
After read the thread even further and found out that Mewbhu is part of mega evolution, now I feel old all over again!

Wichu

At first, I was all 'meh, they're turning it into Digimon'.

But then I remembered that this is exactly what I wanted when I was like 12, so I'm officially hyped again!

Wichu

Shallow!

Also Blaziken might still be ass so who knows.

Didn't Smogon ban Blaziken due to Speed Boost (Mega Blaziken's default ability)?

Maybe in the new Mega metagame
MEGAGAME
, it might not be as comparatively good, but I doubt it. Speed Boost is incredible.

I'm back for a bit, and just wanted to say that I'm worried we'll only get about 100 new Pokemon. I'm not sure why, but its just a worry I have.

Firestorm

Banned on Smogon for 6v6 Singles yeah. Not sure how it does in 3v3 Singles and it's ass in 4v4 Doubles so all depends on ruleset.

Firestorm

Also they did reveal HeartGold / SoulSilver at the 2009 World Championships so I'm kinda hoping they have a trailer or something this weekend at the 2013 World Championships.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Regardless on whether you like the news or not, does it deserve the "Scoop of the Century" hyperbole?

Wilbur

Banned
Regardless on whether you like the news or not, does it deserve the "Scoop of the Century" hyperbole?

It's pretty fucking big news; bigger than just new Pokemon being shown would be.

I just want some proper clarification before I can say I like it or not.

..."mega" Pokemon? This really is some Digimon-type shit.

Won't be surprised if it's called something different in the West. In Japan Digimon doesn't use "mega" so there's no connection there but over here it sounds weird due to that connection. Won't be surprised if they just go with "Awakened" or something.

It's just so fucking stupid. The only thing that I'm waiting for is if there's some way to transfer my Pokemon from Black/White to this game. Everything else I've wanted in a Pokemon game just isn't present in X/Y, and it's getting harder and harder to rationalize getting it at all.

It's just so fucking stupid. The only thing that I'm waiting for is if there's some way to transfer my Pokemon from Black/White to this game. Everything else I've wanted in a Pokemon game just isn't present in X/Y, and it's getting harder and harder to rationalize getting it at all.
Did they remove any mainstay features from Pokemon Black/White that I wasn't aware of?

Did they remove any mainstay features from Pokemon Black/White that I wasn't aware of?

No, but everything they've revealed has either been underwhelming (3D models) or outright stupid (Mega Pokemon, Pokemon-amie).

Like I said, I'm just waiting to hear about if I can transfer my teams or not.

Zeroth

What would these things be?

What would these things be?

Transfer Pokemon
Ride/interact with my own Pokemon in the overworld

That's pretty much it, for now. I never battle online with a DS anymore thanks to PokemonOnline, so the only thing I need online for is trading. Story was never important to me. And Game Freak is usually pretty good with rebalancing.

Anura

Look at what these are evolutions to though. Most of these would be useless as evolutions unless they had ridiculous stats.

Both blaziken and lucario would have base 105 s/def and Amphy would have 112 def and 135 sdef

Giving lucario's typing and blaziken's speed boost that's amazing!
Those 3 would be incredible!

But absol would only reach base 90 stats and mawile would reach 127 def and 82 sdef

Slightly less incredible...

Anyone else confused as to why the PokeBeach leaker who has been seen to have been correct many times already mentioned that Mawile was going to be gaining Fairy type and get an evolution failed to mention any of this?

Top Bottom