• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Alchemy

Never really dug in to it mechanically but Gen 5 was a step back in terms of the single player adventure. Boring circuit region, cutting back on on HMs, just blah. Infinite TMs and the attempt at expanding the narrative were nice but the whole endeavour was a step back from D/P/Pt.

HMs are the worst things ever, they need to be completely removed and replaced with items, with the good moves turned in TMs. All it does is encorage HM slaves or force shitty type coverage and moves onto a players core team.

I know I am not a fan of water types carrying Surf, Waterfall, and Dive all at once.

JoeM86

So, Amazon Japan started their pre-orders with 100,000 units (combined of games and the 3DS models). Pre-orders opened at 10am

By 11am, both of the Gold 3DS LL bundles had sold out
By 6pm, the blue 3DS LL bundles had sold out

They've now had more stock issued to them for launch day.

Think we can tell how things are going to go

I've never played a Pokemon game, what one do I start with? I own all of the handhelds.

If you can wait two months, go straight into XY :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks like I'll be going digital if my game seller keeps on going with the "Asian" version.

When will the "intent to buy" pop up in Club Nintendo?

ivysaur12

Banned
Never really dug in to it mechanically but Gen 5 was a step back in terms of the single player adventure. Boring circuit region, cutting back on on HMs, just blah. Infinite TMs and the attempt at expanding the narrative were nice but the whole endeavour was a step back from D/P/Pt.

I liked a lot of Gen V, but the single player adventure was incrediblely lacking outside of the augmented narrative. The circuit region was heinous.

Do we know if seasons are back in X and Y?

Anura

It has everything I want in a Pokemon game. And no, LabrysDevil, this isn't a "gen 1 is so gud" post. SoulSilver does so many things right that for whatever reason Black/White stepped away from.

They both did something that just killed them both for me. Their list of un-catchable pokemon was MASSIVE and that was a HUGE step back from D/P/Plt...

Without dreamworlds and pokewalker (both annoying gimmicks) you could barely get any

B2/W2 fixed this a bit and the strait foward complain so that one is slightly better (even if that list is still massive)

They both did something that just killed them both for me. Their list of un-catchable pokemon was MASSIVE and that was a HUGE step back from D/P/Plt...

Without dreamworlds and pokewalker (both annoying gimmicks) you could barely get any

B2/W2 fixed this a bit and the strait foward complain so that one is slightly better (even if that list is still massive)

That was the point... It was supposed to be a fresh start.

zroid

Banned

Dream World was annoying I'll grant you (although being able to obtain extra-regional Pokémon before having the national dex was fucking amazing), but Pokéwalker? Pokéwalker was SO GOOD.

That was the point... It was supposed to be a fresh start.

We keep posting in the same threads. Stalker.
:b

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dream World was annoying I'll grant you (although being able to obtain extra-regional Pokémon before having the national dex was fucking amazing), but Pokéwalker? Pokéwalker was SO GOOD.

We keep posting in the same threads. Stalker.
:b

Pokewalker was awesome, I wish they continued it. So much better than dream world.

qq more

Pokewalker was one of the best side stuff they've ever made for the mainline games. I was very disappointed they didn't continue with that.

iirate

It has everything I want in a Pokemon game. And no, LabrysDevil, this isn't a "gen 1 is so gud" post. SoulSilver does so many things right that for whatever reason Black/White stepped away from.

I feel the same way, but regarding Emerald and FR/LG. Love, love, LOVE those games and if they just had infinite TMs and Gen IV's attack split, I'd never need another. Pretty much any time I want to replay a game, it's one of those two.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel the same way, but regarding Emerald and FR/LG. Love, love, LOVE those games and if they just had infinite TMs and Gen IV's attack split, I'd never need another. Pretty much any time I want to replay a game, it's one of those two.

Oh man, no doubt. They need to put those up on the e-shop with those two updates. They're almost perfect games otherwise.

Pokewalker was one of the best side stuff they've ever made for the mainline games. I was very disappointed they didn't continue with that.

I loved sticking it in the cupholder of my car and getting tons of steps that way, when I wasn't walking with it that is.

Anura

Why wouldn't they allow you to get older pokemon after you beat the game?

My point was that you could do that, if they cared about it being a reboot it wouldn't be like that.

Most pokemon had to be traded in from elsewhere and that was a huge pain

Also people liked the walker? What's wrong with you guys? Anything I would want from that thing I would prefer to do in game

Macka

I loved the Pokewalker as well - took it everywhere to rack up the steps. A friend and I used to go for dedicated walks to get more steps as well.

Boss Doggie

1376271356903u1uor.gif

Go go Mega Pokemon, you mighty evolving Mega Pokemon!

I think I've said it before, but if HeartGold/SoulSilver had infinite TMs, I would never need another Pokemon game.

Still slow for me. Also headbutt is terrible. Poor distribution. etc. Still need to fix more flaws than that.

From official site:

If your Ampharos Mega Evolves, it will gain the Dragon type, giving moves like Dragon Pulse even greater effect than before!

As far as I can tell it currently can't learn Dragon Pulse. HMMMMM....

Boss Doggie

Also note how fabulous Ampharos is. Others are like roaring, Ampharos is like "LOOK AT MY GLORIOUS HAIR"

From official site:

As far as I can tell it currently can't learn Dragon Pulse. HMMMMM....

Yeah, add that one for Gen VI. Glad it gets it!

Top Bottom