• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Refyref

I also love High Jump Kick due to how many times the CPU destroyed itself with it in Blue.

Not that it doesn't happen in later games, but man, the amount of times it happened to me in Blue...

[Hokuto no Ken gif]

If Pokemon X/Y had move-specific animations for certain Pokemon, I would want that to be the animation for Machamp's DynamicPunch. I mean, the games describe him as being able to throw thousands of punches in the blink of an eye. If any Pokemon is a practitioner of Hokoto Shinken it's definitely Machamp, so I'm a little disappointed that he was never animated with a "Hyakuretsu Dan" type of animation. He might have had something like that in the Stadium games, but it doesn't stick out in my memory.

Unfortunately, I know that there won't be move-specific animations for certain Pokemon. So, hopefully he gets a good animation worthy of his descriptions.

Guys guys guys...

What's your favorite attack from Pokemon? The one attack you always end up having on a Pokemon? For me, that would be Shadow Ball...it comes from my favorite type of Pokemon, it's Gen 2's way of making ghosts into a bigger threat and it's the most powerful ghost attack not exclusive to a legendary...and it looks cool. It does remind me that Ghost could use a few more attacks though!

I absolutely love Wood Hammer. Run it on any Pokemon I can.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
OKAY TEAM, LET'S EVOLVE!

13764195012674yulj.jpg

as always pink gets the crappy power

Wichu

Guys guys guys...

What's your favorite attack from Pokemon? The one attack you always end up having on a Pokemon? For me, that would be Shadow Ball...it comes from my favorite type of Pokemon, it's Gen 2's way of making ghosts into a bigger threat and it's the most powerful ghost attack not exclusive to a legendary...and it looks cool. It does remind me that Ghost could use a few more attacks though!

drapion.png

ACUPRESSURE

Toxi

Banned
Guys guys guys...

Trick Room. Nothing to make Beheeyem scare the living hell out of people like Trick Room.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah. I hate the forced tablet layout honestly. But I guess it's taxing to create a mobile/tablet version.

Neo Child

Banned
new GL looks great - theres a reason a lot of sites have that sort of layout its because it works so well at providing clear information and ease of access.

timeline for a pokemon game yes please that'd kinda cool, assuming we can friend people and get updates on their journey too thatd be kinda nice.

I saw the new PGL a while ago. I still like it a lot. Is it very plain? Yes. However, I love it when sites are minimal like that because it means it should run very fast on my computer. I don't care about the site looking pretty - I just want to get to the information I desire quickly, not deal with flash bullcrap that doesn't run that well on my comp.

So how will Gamefreak deal with Hidden Abilities now?

Well, BW2 had Hidden Grottos. They could also add other types of hidden areas where you can find Pokemon with their hidden abilities.

They could also just cheese it and make the hidden ability have a very small chance of appearing on a wild Pokemon. That'd be kinda annoying for very rare Pokemon, though.

Top Bottom