• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Zeroth

It just makes my post look awkward...

image.php

qq more

fairy rock

That reminds me... wasn't there like an ice rock or something and someone in DPPt mentioned it can be also found in Kanto

then in HGSS, it was never there

lol

EDIT: or maybe no one ever mentioned it being in Kanto ever, I'm probably remember things wrong. It's been yearsssss

how did i even came up with that

my memory is fukin screwy

DaBoss

The only rock I remember is that troll rock in Mosdeep City in Hoenn.

Oh how I believed them fake stories about being able to go on the rocket.

Anura

Those stories are always the best! Man pokemon has always been filled with troll stories to get rare pokemon like the truck and mewthree!

Zeroth

It didn't help Deoxys came from space. That and the Mosdeep Spacial Center being pretty much useless in the game itself were big factors.

If you take that rocket, you can go to space and catch Deoxys & Jirachi (but only if you got the Wish Tag from the White Rock when the total rockets launched reaches a certain number).

Anura

It didn't help Deoxys came from space. That and the Mosdeep Spacial Center being pretty much useless in the game itself were big factors.

The space center strikes me as something they planned on doing but ran out of time (like G/S/C safari zone)

still makes for a bizarre pokanomaly though...

There's something about plushies of certain Pokémon that's a bit off. You know how many Pokémon have oversize heads compared to their bodies? It's a bit annoying to have them be in their intended position.

Toxi

Banned
I just had a wonderful idea. One of the issues with a parasitoid wasp Pokemon was that the idea is a bit too violent for kiddies; even Parasect still is alive after the cordyceps assumes mind control.

So what if there was an all female parasitoid wasp Pokemon that instead transformed other Bug Pokemon into itself? No need to lay eggs, it just injects its DNA through a stinger to reproduce. Maybe after getting hit by a physical attack from it, the target (Let's say a Metapod) gains a unique status effect like a Pokerus, only it's not noticed at the Pokemon center. As the Metapod develops, there would be a few signs (like when you examine it ala Heart Gold or Soul Silver, it has cramps). When the Metapod finally evolves, it would evolve into the parasitoid wasp Pokemon instead of Butterfree.

Of course, to avoid pissing people off, the wasp Pokemon should have good stats so this feels like a pleasant surprise instead of a nasty one. And if people know the signs, they should be able to alleviate the altered evolution with some sort of easily purchasable item.

Refyref

Where the heck did who ever gave you that avatar find it?

Finding Pokemon gijinka isn't exactly an issue at all. Although a quick GIS found some that are actually bad, so I'd say QQ got lucky with that one.

That reminds me... wasn't there like an ice rock or something and someone in DPPt mentioned it can be also found in Kanto

then in HGSS, it was never there

lol

EDIT: or maybe no one ever mentioned it being in Kanto ever, I'm probably remember things wrong. It's been yearsssss

how did i even came up with that

my memory is fukin screwy

No, you're right.
Oak specifically says that there is a counterpart to the White Rock in Seabreak Path in Kanto. Now, accessing Seabreak Path itself is something most haven't done, so it might be easy to forget it.

qq more

Finding Pokemon gijinka isn't exactly an issue at all. Although a quick GIS found some that are actually bad, so I'd say QQ got lucky with that one.

No, you're right.
Oak specifically says that there is a counterpart to the White Rock in Seabreak Path in Kanto. Now, accessing Seabreak Path itself is something most haven't done, so it might be easy to forget it.

Ah, I see. I was on the right track, just the wrong rock and the wrong Pokemon.

Refyref

You know, it'll be better if you tell people what is that spoiler spoiling, otherwise they'd think it's just another useless spoiler.

Area where you find Shaymin in Platinum.

Well, technically, it's the area where you activate the Shaymin event. After visiting the White Rock in Seabreak Path, Shaymin appears in Flower Paradise.

Macka

I just had a wonderful idea. One of the issues with a parasitoid wasp Pokemon was that the idea is a bit too violent for kiddies; even Parasect still is alive after the cordyceps assumes mind control.

So what if there was an all female parasitoid wasp Pokemon that instead transformed other Bug Pokemon into itself? No need to lay eggs, it just injects its DNA through a stinger to reproduce. Maybe after getting hit by a physical attack from it, the target (Let's say a Metapod) gains a unique status effect like a Pokerus, only it's not noticed at the Pokemon center. As the Metapod develops, there would be a few signs (like when you examine it ala Heart Gold or Soul Silver, it has cramps). When the Metapod finally evolves, it would evolve into the parasitoid wasp Pokemon instead of Butterfree.

Of course, to avoid pissing people off, the wasp Pokemon should have good stats so this feels like a pleasant surprise instead of a nasty one. And if people know the signs, they should be able to alleviate the altered evolution with some sort of easily purchasable item.
This really is a fantastic idea. Very cool!

So basically like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCo2uCLXvhk

Compare 4:20 with 5:20.

Anura

"...and here we see Nargacuga attacking a Felyne."

Sorry, the MH and Pokemon fan in me is having way too much fun with this.

So does noivern make noise, or does it just hear well?

The former would make the comparison ironic and the latter would make it seem like the X/Y team has been playing a bit of MH considering Narga's sonic bomb weakness

fates

So does noivern make noise, or does it just hear well?

The former would make the comparison ironic and the latter would make it seem like the X/Y team has been playing a bit of MH considering Narga's sonic bomb weakness

Hard to say, them ears are big so maybe it hears really well. On the other hand, they look like speakers, so perhaps they make noise.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if we know some English-speaking pokemon fans going there.

Also I wonder what would the US ad of the game would look like.

Top Bottom