• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

554.gif

Caught one of these little bastards in White 2. Good job, me.

Preble

For some reason I'm kinda interested in seeing how the XY cartoon will go. I know Ash is still gonna be in the show unfortunately but maybe the writers can still do some fun stuff with the show

Is there gonna be info on the cartoon at the Japanese Pokémon event?

harshairmail

Neo Member
Hi guys, question about the character customisation:
Do we know how the clothes, etc. are distributed? Is it something straightforward like an extension of the pokemart?

JoeM86

It's a public expo that lasts all weekend.
I think doors open at 9 tomorrow Japan time, but I wouldn't swear to it.

10am

A very good friend of mine is arriving early and will be sending me everything he can asap so keep tuned :)

At the very least, we'll learn how Mega Evolution works. At most, we'll get that, plus a new Pokémon and/or Mega Evolution, though my money is on them showing Mega Kangaskhan to Japanese audiences.

Incidentally, check out how many demo pods they have
800508217.jpg

10am

A very good friend of mine is arriving early and will be sending me everything he can asap so keep tuned :)

At the very least, we'll learn how Mega Evolution works. At most, we'll get that, plus a new Pokémon and/or Mega Evolution, though my money is on them showing Mega Kangaskhan to Japanese audiences.

Incidentally, check out how many demo pods they have
800508217.jpg
Oh my, it's like staring at the face of god...

Andrefpvs

While we wait for info, here's a fun game/quiz/somethingI'dliketoknow:

Did you know it's possible to have a legal level 3 Electrode in Gen V? Yu just need to migrate it from Gen III.

Now, I know there are other evolved Pokémon that were 【obtainable at levels under the one they evolve at】, but I can't remember any. Does anyone know?

While we wait for info, here's a fun game/quiz/somethingI'dliketoknow:

Did you know it's possible to have a legal level 3 Electrode in Gen V? Yu just need to migrate it from Gen III.

Now, I know there are other evolved Pokémon that were 【obtainable at levels under the one they evolve at】, but I can't remember any. Does anyone know?

Dragonair in...Yellow, I think?

Andrefpvs

Dragonair in...Yellow, I think?

Correct, there were level 15 Dragonair in Safari Zone.

I think there were at least a couple more underleveled Pokémon, but my memory is failing me.

I'm pretty sure you can catch under levelled Pidgeotto in RBY.

Ah, you're right! I remember watching my friend catch a level 17 Pidgeotto (I think) a long time ago. It struck me as kind of odd at the time.

Correct, there were level 15 Dragonair in Safari Zone.

I think there were at least a couple more underleveled Pokémon, but my memory is failing me.

Ah, you're right! I remember watching my friend catch a level 17 Pidgeotto (I think) a long time ago. It struck me as kind of odd at the time.

I believe Pidgeotto went as low as level 7.

There are also underleveled 2nd stage bugs as well, I think (Metapod and the like). Metapod and Kakuna are lv. 4 in Viridian Forest, looking it up.

Pic shown is fake...

I wonder, are the Pokemon on the floor plans indicating distros of those Pokemon?

Metagross
Dragonite
Pidgeot
Haxorus
Volcarona
Spiritomb
Milotic

One of the twit people at the event commented that they got:

Naive Female Haxorus
Ability: Mold Breaker
Earthquake
Dual Chop