• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

zroid

Banned
guuys

can y'all catch me up on all the news that broke in the last 3 days

I know some stuff happened but I've mostly been away from the Internet :(

DaBoss

Fairy trading card symbol
rfa09J3.jpg

Pokémon: The Origin
Anime special that will focus on Red and Green. Yes, Red, not Ash.

Pokémon Retrospective Video
Video showing the history of Pokémon in a CG video showing Pikachu walking through an area of all the various things related to Pokémon (such as all platforms that have had any sort of Pokémon games with the game there). And the end shows some sort of teaser for something with Lucario and Blaziken standing off in what seems like Tokyo.

Start Screens

Shiny Sylveon

Other random factoids
  • Fennekin knows Psybeam
  • Running is the default thing; hold B to walk
  • Skiddo is mach bike speeds
  • Mega-evolving does not take up a turn; you can attack and do a mega evolution on the same turn
  • Fairy-type moves not very effective against Fire-types; Fire-type moves do normal damage against Fairy-types

I think that's about most of the basic (interesting) stuff covered. Thanks to Serebii for links and images.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Froakie hurling his foam as shuriken excited me more than Charmander attacking a Geodude.

13767826506178nx89.gif

13767829489364zbi7.gif

1376783149386bdxj0.gif

As always, Fennekin is lame :p

Boss Doggie

Cute Charm is kinda useless.

But then again the only useful Eeveelution abilities are their DW ones.

Also any idea what Chespin used in that anime gif? It can't be Leech Seed.

Aggrotek

Cute Charm is kinda useless.

But then again the only useful Eeveelution abilities are their DW ones.

Also any idea what Chespin used in that anime gif? It can't be Leech Seed.

That isn't true. Regular Vaporeon has Water Absorb doesn't it? And cute charm can really help, especially if it is a female.

My guess is Seed Bomb.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's Pin Missile, I think. It's always been that weird missile-style launch look in the show.

Cute Charm needs a much higher success chance. As it is it's really only useful for nabbing some quick females. :/

Hopefully its DW ability will be good.

It's funny how it's odd that an attack called pin missile doesn't fire like missiles.

Froakie is the best starter. I bet its foam tastes like marshmallows.

I want to shoot missiles at your avatar.

EDIT:DAMN IT, you changed it to one of my favorite Pokemon.
You win this round.
DOUBLE EDIT: Stahp

Boss Doggie

So it seems...

Froakie - the fast starter
Chespin - the heavy attacker starter
Fennekin - the bulky starter

wait what

That isn't true. Regular Vaporeon has Water Absorb doesn't it? And cute charm can really help, especially if it is a female.

My guess is Seed Bomb.

Hmm I guess Vaporeon is the exception? And Cute Charm can be on either gender. I managed to net a male Jiggs with CC for catching a female Combee!

Looks like Leech Seed to me.

That's not how Leech Seed is animated.

qq more

Er... So what does this mean for typings? I don't really care much for Fennekin but I swear to god if it becomes another Fire/Fighting...

Did you know it was FF2 for the nes before or after you took it?

Either way is setting yourself up for failure...

I knew it was for NES. I expected bad but I was not prepared...

Boss Doggie

Well this is going against my expectations. Surely Fennekin isn't slower than Chespin?

According to Kiho that seems to be the case for the demo - Froakie moving fastest, followed by Chespin, followed by Fennekin.

It may well be a bulky Fire/Psychic type CAUSE EVERY BULKY FIRE-TYPE that isn't Heatran WORKED GREAT BEFORE HUH?

We had those other than Heatran?

qq more

It may well be a bulky Fire/Psychic type CAUSE EVERY BULKY FIRE-TYPE that isn't Heatran WORKED GREAT BEFORE HUH?

I'm not all that familiar with stats so I'm a little lost. And I sort of don't understand the tone of your post, is the yelling directed at me or Game Freak?

According to Kiho that seems to be the case for the demo - Froakie moving fastest, followed by Chespin, followed by Fennekin.
Blimey, Fennekin sure didn't look like it'd be slow, and it seems kinda fragile to be defensive. Froakie being fastest makes sense though. Now I'm all the more curious as to what Fennekin's evolutions will be.

zroid

Banned
Fairy-type moves not very effective against Fire-types; Fire-type moves do normal damage against Fairy-types.
Soooo is this from corocoro, or elsewhere? Are we still supposedly getting the full chart in corocoro soon, or are they doing a slow rollout?

the latter I hope lol

DaBoss

Soooo is this from corocoro, or elsewhere? Are we still supposedly getting the full chart in corocoro soon, or are they doing a slow rollout?

the latter I hope lol

Someone used a fire-type Pokémon against a fairy-type Pokémon in the demo I think.

Top Bottom