• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We're still in the age where people think the status screen = what the battle animation is, so yeah people will remain dumb and unlearned.

Busaiku

Ceby7sxXEAEjt0B.jpg
Man, the May toy from Kotobukiya gets the Alpha Sapphire design, but Red is the crappy Red design instead.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Gah, I missed the Celebi event by a day!

Is anyone in the US willing to trade one? I can offer my Mew card in return. Since I'm a stranger to the gaf pokemon community, I wouldn't mind giving the code first if a reputable community member accepts.

Jay RaR

Expecting at least 10 Pokemon reveals,legendary Pokemon and all 8 gym leaders.

You just know this is how some people's expectations will be

Why not aim higher?

Like the return of customizable trainers? Pokemon following you around again? A difficulty mode available at the start? A buff in ice, poison, bug, and grass types?

tumblr_m6h2orIHoO1qajarm.gif

Mr-Joker

Banned
Is there a reason why Viz media straight up cut the last chapter in Pokémon Adventure Black and White?

Kinda annoyed as I was looking forward to reading the last chapter only to find that it's cut, will have to hunt down a fan translation just to read it. :mad:

At this point I'm thinking it's gonna be like Aipom in Battle Frontier and Ash's sixth is gonna be an old Pokemon who gets a new evolution next Gen---though perhaps that might not happen now that it seems they've been replaced with Megas.

I would be annoyed if Mega existing means that Cross gen evolution are gone and would make me less excited to play future even numbered generation.

You say Flying types when Sinnoh has

THREE

GROUND

TYPES

Turtwig only became part ground when he evolved into Torterra and even then he was treated as a Grass type.

Gliscor had a variety of moveset, so he never felt like a ground type Pokémon plus he was different enough from Staraptor so his flying type never clashed either.

Gible, was treated more of a Dragon type, didn't evolve and was never on the team with Torterra and Gliscor as he took Gliscor spot when he left to train.

So no Ash's Kalos team don't come anywhere close in feeling diverse as his Sinnoh team.

Also I disagree, the only character in Ash's Sinnoh team that got major development is Infernape.

-Torterra, had to deal with the lost of speed upon evolving and learnt how use defense as an offense.

-Staraptor, mastered Aerial Ace and Brave Bird and became confident after fully evolving.

-Buizel, wanted to battle but was originally mismatched with Dawn, learn Water Pulse from watching Lucario using Aura spear and mastered Ice punch.

-Gliscor, was the runt of the group and would cling to Ash and would eventually go on to be a powerhouse.

-Gible, despite being caught late was still able to shine and mastered Draco meteor.

So while Infernape did get most of the character development, Ash other team shined as well.

Is there a reason why Viz media straight up cut the last chapter in Pokémon Adventure Black and White?

Kinda annoyed as I was looking forward to reading the last chapter only to find that it's cut, will have to hunt down a fan translation just to read it. :mad:

I would be annoyed if Mega existing means that Cross gen evolution are gone and would make me less excited to play future even numbered generation.

Turtwig only became part ground when he evolved into Torterra and even then he was treated as a Grass type.

Gliscor had a variety of moveset, so he never felt like a ground type Pokémon plus he was different enough from Staraptor so his flying type never clashed either.

Gible, was treated more of a Dragon type, didn't evolve and was never on the team with Torterra and Gliscor as he took Gliscor spot when he left to train.

So no Ash's Kalos team don't come anywhere close in feeling diverse as his Sinnoh team.

-Torterra, had to deal with the lost of speed upon evolving and learnt how use defense as an offense.

-Staraptor, mastered Aerial Ace and Brave Bird and became confident after fully evolving.

-Buizel, wanted to battle but was originally mismatched with Dawn, learn Water Pulse from watching Lucario using Aura spear and mastered Ice punch.

-Gliscor, was the runt of the group and would cling to Ash and would eventually go on to be a powerhouse.

-Gible, despite being caught late was still able to shine and mastered Draco meteor.

So while Infernape did get most of the character development, Ash other team shined as well.
Gliscor was diverse as hell.
Fire fang
Giga impact
X- scissors
Stone edge

I loved gliscor. All of ash's sinnoh mons had character moments.

Boss Doggie

I

You pretty much used my reasoning to why his XY team is diverse. Something I've been saying for months in this board lol

The three flying types fly, but they were never treated solely for that niche. And only Talonflame had an actual flying move (Flying Press is different).

And those are not on-par with something Hawlucha/Noibat stuff, Froakie/Hawlucha stuff, and Talonflame's moment with the others. Because they are your usual Pokemon development. XY took it a step further and utilized character interactions that are passive.

which release?

the mini volumes or the full volume?

the mini volumes published them as they came out in the magazines while the full volumes came out afterwards (and had changes)

Mr-Joker

Banned
Honestly to me sinnoh,bw and xy did a great job with ash's team(bw started the character interactions that people praise xy for anyway)

Yeah, while I rag on Ash's Kalos team I will admit that the cast are likable which baffles me to why I find it difficult to click with it when I had no troubles with the past arc.

I wonder if it's because I was disappointed with X and Y and in turn made it difficult for me to fully enjoy the animé and Ash's Kalos adventure?

which release?

the mini volumes or the full volume?

the mini volumes published them as they came out in the magazines while the full volumes came out afterwards (and had changes)

It was this, Pokémon Black and White Box Set 3

Speaking of Black and White, did they finish Pokémon Special Black and White 2 in Japan? As I can't find any information that the manga progressed that far before X and Y released.

It was this, Pokémon Black and White Box Set 3

Speaking of Black and White, did they finish Pokémon Special Black and White 2 in Japan? As I can't find any information that the manga progressed that far before X and Y released.

yes, those are the mini volumes, you'll notice Viz doesn't call them Pokemon Adventures and they are half the normal size of a regular volume of manga

the last chapter got additional stuff added when the volume release came out and that's reflected in the english full volume release

BW2 is basically in limbo now lol
considering we got BW2, ORAS AND X/Y series running at the same time and its the same guy doing all three of them, one of them has to be forgotten

Mr-Joker

Banned
yes, those are the mini volumes, you'll notice Viz doesn't call them Pokemon Adventures and they are half the normal size of a regular volume of manga

the last chapter got additional stuff added when the volume release came out and that's reflected in the english full volume release

Welp, I am pissed off at myself as I just wasted money on buying something that I thought was the full volume.

Guess I am buying the real final volume as well. ¬_¬;

Ah well at least on the bright side I avoided making the same mistake with X and Y, so that's something.

BW2 is basically in limbo now lol
considering we got BW2, ORAS AND X/Y series running at the same time and its the same guy doing all three of them, one of them has to be forgotten

Ah I see, I guess Black is never getting saved...poor guy.

How are the Pokemon manga? I never even read any of them

They're pretty good and flesh out the Pokémon world in a way that neither the animé or game does.

Boss Doggie

there are bunch of pokemon manga, the one people usually refer to as "the manga" is Pokemon Special (or Pokemon Adventures localized) which follows game release names

the others include Electric Tale of Pikachu (which has a more interesting OS interpretation, oppai obsession aside), Pocket Monsters (which includes a really cartoonish Clefable known for pulling Red's testicles), ReBurst (oh boy), and some one-offs like movie manga adaptations and Clefairy x Poochyena.

Lol i knew one book sounded fishy. Thats still not bad tho

pokemon special currently has 52 volumes out covering from rgb to bw

the volume count is currently stalled due to bw2, oras and xy all still concurrently running and the series is probably killing the poor mangaka especially since they are probably going to start s&m later this year

pokemon special currently has 52 volumes out covering from rgb to bw

the volume count is currently stalled due to bw2, oras and xy all still concurrently running and the series is probably killing the poor mangaka especially since they are probably going to start s&m later this year
O god 52 not to far off from the other big series that i own

Boss Doggie

I'm not sure if Pocket Monsters got an overseas release

you get gems like this (linked because, despite being a gag comic, it may be considered too risque)

yes it has a very loudmouth Clefairy, Red's "balls", Mewtwo being an over jerkass, Green being like Joey Wheeler, etc.

Mr-Joker

Banned
O god 52 not to far off from the other big series that i own

Well the best part about Pokémon Adventure is that they are self contained within each series so you could pick up one and not worry about reading the rest, barring the Fire Red/Leaf Green arc and Black/White arc as those end on a cliff hanger.

I'm not sure if Pocket Monsters got an overseas release

you get gems like this (linked because, despite being a gag comic, it may be considered too risque)

yes it has a very loudmouth Clefairy, Red's "balls", Mewtwo being an over jerkass, Green being like Joey Wheeler, etc.

Oh my. o_O;

Macka

I understand Tierno having Ludicolo, but Politoed too?

With the dancing theme, a Spinda and Kirlia would make way more sense.

Man, Cheren just whooped my ass. Draco Meteor is an op move. I could've sworn its supposed to lower your SP. ATK, but his Serperior is sharply gaining SP. ATK.

Top Bottom