• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

v1perz53

Dedenne and Eureka don't seem very happy with that new, perspective bride for Citron. I'm expecting those two to sabotage the entire thing.

Bahahaha I never knoew that Clemont's name was literally Lemon in the japanese version (well french for lemon), though I see it in his english name now that I do know. Also equally funny is that both Eureka and Bonnie are species of lemon as well. Though I still prefer Clemont and Bonnie because Citron just reminds me of the car and I like Bonnie better with a kiddish name vs Eureka. But I do appreciate the theme.

This might be the only time in all of history I just admitted to liking a localized change more than the original, slippery slope for me!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I honestly think Bonnie being this good is an attempt by writers to try to bypass the age limit thing. They even made her have a Dedenne.

And the next ep is hilarious - she finally gets a keepu response, but turns out she doesn't actually like it!
Sounds like those certain anime episodes

Too bad there's no ep next week.

Apparently this is an unused Pokemon from BW.
aTx2Dye.jpg

I have no way of telling if its true or not, just thought I'd share it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think it's legit, I remember seeing some of that other concept art of Black and White posted online a few years back from some gaming show I recall.

Boss Doggie

looks like a downgraded Xerneas

after watching the recent sub release, man I forgot to make a gif of this moment

014.gif

gonna miss this cute batty

Inukage

ゲームフリークの森本が「ポケんち」に出演します!
明後日3月27日(日) 8:00~の放送です。
お見逃しなく!

Game Freak Morimoto "Pokémon or appeared in"!
The day after tomorrow on March 27 (8:00) of the broadcast.
Do not miss! (Google Translate)

should I get hype... or is it nothing?

Source: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/713294359169380353?lang=ja

Mr-Joker

Banned
I think it's legit. Pretty awesome.

Why the hell doesn't Game Freak release artbooks for generations with this stuff?! It's so frustrating!!!!

Because rejected concept art tends to get recycled.

But yeah I would love to see something akin to Hyrule historia but for Pokémon.

god all these fake starters are really starting to get to me

man why can't it be like the last gen when we got the starters at the same the game was announced

Mr-Joker

Banned
god all these fake starters are really starting to get to me

man why can't it be like the last gen when we got the starters at the same the game was announced

Because the gen 6 starters needed that extra screen time before they got pushed aside for the Kanto starters.

And beside I wouldn't worry we will see the gen 7 starter soon as they are one of the earliest Pokémon that get announced.

Personally I can't get invested in the starters till I see their final evolution as their type might change.

JoeM86

ゲームフリークの森本が「ポケんち」に出演します!
明後日3月27日(日) 8:00~の放送です。
お見逃しなく!

Game Freak Morimoto "Pokémon or appeared in"!
The day after tomorrow on March 27 (8:00) of the broadcast.
Do not miss! (Google Translate)

should I get hype... or is it nothing?

Source: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/713294359169380353?lang=ja
He's on due to a tournament they are having. He often appears on these shows for that.

Macka

I'm a long way behind on the XY anime, but I'm catching up now.

Kinda disappointed
Goomy
only lasted a few episodes before evolving. :( And it would have been better to have it win a battle or two beforehand imo. Goddamn though, this has to be Ash's coolest team ever!

Kinda disappointed
Goomy
only lasted a few episodes before evolving. :( And it would have been better to have it win a battle or two beforehand imo. Goddamn though, this has to be Ash's coolest team ever!
Still my favorite team
ash_s_pokemon_from_sinnoh_by_grantgamez-d7524z5.jpg

Although this had potential but fell way too damn short
204c154c37156250ab8d850ac2ab8f8d.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
Still my favorite team
ash_s_pokemon_from_sinnoh_by_grantgamez-d7524z5.jpg

Yeah, Ash's Sinnoh team is the best so far as every member of the team developed and grew as the arc progressed, plus Paul being a good rival and acting as a foil to Ash also helped.

I don't feel that with his Kalos team, plus with 3 flying type it doesn't feel diverse.

Although this had potential but fell way too damn short
204c154c37156250ab8d850ac2ab8f8d.jpg

While it never it reach its full potential I still enjoyed Ash switching out his reserve, plus it gave him type that he hadn't used yet like Dark and Rock.

Yea i think that's what makes his sinnoh team even better to me they each had individual character arcs making them all feel unique.
Pikachu is pikachu

Infernape and the problems with paul and fear

Torterra- went thru the trouble of adjusting to size when it became a grotle

Gliscor- a crybaby weakling that worked hard, went to train with its gliding skills.

Buizel-the traded pokemom who just loved to battle(buizel vs lucario will forever be hype)

Staraptor- shown as being strong and proud, nice brave bird learning arc as well

Gible- came late in the game but i loved the whole thing with draco meteor

v1perz53

Kinda disappointed
Goomy

Can't remember how far that is so I'll spoiler this for you, but my biggest gripe with the X/Y team is that it is
basically a prerequisite to be a flying type to get on his team this series
. Also, definitely a spoiler but
I wish he would catch a 6th already, though I don't have much hope now
. I miss rotating thru the reserves like in Best Wishes.

Macka

I don't feel that with his Kalos team, plus with 3 flying type it doesn't feel diverse.
I never feel that way about Flying types. If you can have three Pokemon on your team that walk on the ground, it doesn't feel odd to have several that can fly, too. And I mean, you literally just said you loved Ash's Diamond team which has three Ground types on it and two Flying types.

Ash's current XY team of 5 Pokemon covers 7 unique types, while his DP team of 7 Pokemon only covers 9 types. If he catches another dual type (please let it be Phantump!), he'll already have more diversity than the DP team with one less member.

I never feel that way about Flying types. If you can have three Pokemon on your team that walk on the ground, it doesn't feel odd to have several that can fly, too. And I mean, you literally just said you loved Ash's Diamond team which has three Ground types on it and two Flying types.

Ash's current XY team of 5 Pokemon covers 7 unique types, while his DP team of 7 Pokemon only covers 9 types. If he catches another dual type (please let it be Phantump!), he'll already have more diversity than the DP team with one less member.
Plus it's not like type is that relevant in the anime either, and it's not like his pokemon don't have diverse fighting styles regardless

Can't remember how far that is so I'll spoiler this for you, but my biggest gripe with the X/Y team is that it is
basically a prerequisite to be a flying type to get on his team this series
. Also, definitely a spoiler but
I wish he would catch a 6th already, though I don't have much hope now
. I miss rotating thru the reserves like in Best Wishes.
White Phantump believe

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
At this point I'm thinking it's gonna be like Aipom in Battle Frontier and Ash's sixth is gonna be an old Pokemon who gets a new evolution next Gen---though perhaps that might not happen now that it seems they've been replaced with Megas.

Boss Doggie

Hmm you know what, I disagree on Serena not getting her goal.

She didn't become Kalos Queen yeah, but she actually won a tournament, she got the farthest out of all the main characters barring Ash's Orange League and Battle Frontier.

The Master Class is pretty much set up like a league battle after all (elimination), with the winner having a chance to fight the queen (a la Champion).

Yeah, Ash's Sinnoh team is the best so far as every member of the team developed and grew as the arc progressed, plus Paul being a good rival and acting as a foil to Ash also helped.

While it never it reach its full potential I still enjoyed Ash switching out his reserve, plus it gave him type that he hadn't used yet like Dark and Rock.

You say Flying types when Sinnoh has

THREE

GROUND

TYPES

Also I disagree, the only character in Ash's Sinnoh team that got major development is Infernape.

XY team on the other hand had each of the mons developing and even has interaction between each one.

Yea i think that's what makes his sinnoh team even better to me they each had individual character arcs making them all feel unique.
Pikachu is pikachu

Infernape and the problems with paul and fear

Torterra- went thru the trouble of adjusting to size when it became a grotle

Gliscor- a crybaby weakling that worked hard, went to train with its gliding skills.

Buizel-the traded pokemom who just loved to battle(buizel vs lucario will forever be hype)

Staraptor- shown as being strong and proud, nice brave bird learning arc as well

Gible- came late in the game but i loved the whole thing with draco meteor

Eh most of them you don't really feel outside of Infernape. The others feel isolated.

I mean seriously, you don't see this interaction in older series baring OS (and even then not as endearing as this)

839.gif
a26.gif
e86.gif

And I'm not even putting Hawlucha and Froakie's shenanigans, Talonflame and Hawlucha's shenanigans, and even Goomy joining in on the fun.

I guess I really love XY gang because they interact with each other a lot.

I feel like the whole team interacting thing really started in Bw thats one thing it did right. Xy is an expansion of that.

Oshawott and tepigs rivalry
Snivy and levanny being like the mom
Scraggy and axews bromance
lots more two and it wasn't just ash's team to it was all of the main casts Pokemon.

Hmm you know what, I disagree on Serena not getting her goal.

She didn't become Kalos Queen yeah, but she actually won a tournament, she got the farthest out of all the main characters barring Ash's Orange League and Battle Frontier.

The Master Class is pretty much set up like a league battle after all (elimination), with the winner having a chance to fight the queen (a la Champion).

You say Flying types when Sinnoh has

THREE

GROUND

TYPES

Also I disagree, the only character in Ash's Sinnoh team that got major development is Infernape.

XY team on the other hand had each of the mons developing and even has interaction between each one.

Eh most of them you don't really feel outside of Infernape. The others feel isolated.

I mean seriously, you don't see this interaction in older series baring OS (and even then not as endearing as this)

839.gif
a26.gif
e86.gif

And I'm not even putting Hawlucha and Froakie's shenanigans, Talonflame and Hawlucha's shenanigans, and even Goomy joining in on the fun.

I guess I really love XY gang because they interact with each other a lot.
Yeah I love all the pokemon main cast relationships and personalities in XY. And yes, Hawlucha being's Noibat's big bro essentially is one of the most endearing ones

Chase17

Yeah, I love the XY team. Even outside of Ash we sometimes get decent moments with Serena and Clemont's Pokémon, like the Chespin and Pancham rivalry.

I really enjoyed the episode where Chespin runs an errand because we got to see all the Pokemon out and about and helping, taking the spotlight from the main characters. Who knew bunnelby dislikes Chespin's antics. I'd like to see more episodes like that.

JoeM86

This is what the preview says

そして、ポケモンのゲームをつくっている人たちがポケんちにやってきて、ポケモン新作ソフトについてポケんちメンバーとトーク!新作ソフトの特別映像もテレビ初公開!

"And then, the people that make the Pokémon games come to Pokénchi to talk with the Pokénchi residents about the new Pokémon games! There'll also be a world premiere TV broadcast of special footage from the new games!"

Notice specification of TV broadcast

JoeM86

So, the question is... X and Y-style reveal trailer, ORAS-style snippet of unrevealing footage, or something in between?

Something in between during the week. First TV airing of it on this

Gen IV has the true peak of Pokémon's silhouette game. Nearly half of the Pokémon revealed pre-launch month were shown as silhouettes first.

Many through that Pokémon Garden Lab thing on the Yahoo site.

GoldStarz

tbh, i love the silhouettes. Maybe it's because I first got involved with PokeFandom at the tail end of Gen III/start of Gen IV but there's something so hyping about knowing a little bit of knowledge of what's coming, but still being ultimately clueless.

Top Bottom