• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

I just thought about it.

What if there's an even more awesome cool dragon in Gen VII that I end up ditching Noivern? That sounds... nah, can't happen, right?

Firestorm

I just thought about it.

What if there's an even more awesome cool dragon in Gen VII that I end up ditching Noivern? That sounds... nah, can't happen, right?
i mean there was one in gen 1 and you didn't so

OFxeksx.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
speaking of cute mons, here's something that showed up in my feed

3IX45L5.jpg

that's uh... interesting

and it shows Dedenne being the only mon capable of pulling it off without looking awkward

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Pretty sure that's an April Fools joke,considering the three Megas are the long-awaited Mega Flygon, what'd probably be a gamebeaking Mega Skarmory, and Mega Delcatty when that one's laughable in terms of competitive use.

Hegarol

Pretty sure that's an April Fools joke,considering the three Megas are the long-awaited Mega Flygon, what'd probably be a gamebeaking Mega Skarmory, and Mega Delcatty when that one's laughable in terms of competitive use.
Oh yeah it probably is. Just read about it today and since its already the second I forgot about April fools :D

GoldStarz

There's no way this is real, what would "Skill Protection" end up doing? If your ability doesn't protect you from anything then there's nothing for Mold Breaker to ignore. I don't see a date on this, but I'm gonna agree this was an April Fools joke

i mean there was one in gen 1 and you didn't so

OFxeksx.png

Dragonite is a cute, but to describe him as cool? That's a bit of a stretch.

v1perz53

One of the things I really want for Sun/Moon is for them to bring back friend safari. But make it like Secret Bases, where if you don't have actual friend codes, you can connect online to get X random new ones per day, or that it can be done via QR codes. Friend Safari was such a cool idea, and expanding a little to make ti a bit easier to get new ones would be really cool to me.

GoldStarz

Eeeeh, I vastly prefer the DexNav to the Friend Safari, and if you can connect to random strangers than what's the point? Someone would just compile a list of people with all the combos, post it on reddit or tumblr, and then there'd just be no point to it. With Secret Bases you have customizability so each base is something different, not so much with the Friend Safari

v1perz53

I actually pretty much hate the DexNav. I think it makes things too easy while being too time consuming. There is no such thing as a rare pokemon anymore with the DexNav once you've caught it once, but the process to getting even just a hidden ability pokemon is so slow, took me like 30 minutes earlier to get a HA Xatu, with the same really boring process over and over. I much prefer the immediacy of Friend Safari, never took me more than ~5 minutes to get a HA mon. I never felt excited when I finally got what I wanted through DexNav, I felt relieved I could stop doing the tedious process.

You're totally right though about the list. But more what I mean is you connect to the internet each day and get like 5(10?15?) totally random safaris that day like with Mirage Spots in ORAS, and the next time you connect the random ones replace the old ones. Add that to the friend code system as is.

GoldStarz

I actually pretty much hate the DexNav. I think it makes things too easy while being too time consuming. There is no such thing as a rare pokemon anymore with the DexNav once you've caught it once, but the process to getting even just a hidden ability pokemon is so slow, took me like 30 minutes earlier to get a HA Xatu, with the same really boring process over and over. I much prefer the immediacy of Friend Safari, never took me more than ~5 minutes to get a HA mon. I never felt excited when I finally got what I wanted through DexNav, I felt relieved I could stop doing the tedious process.

You're totally right though about the list. But more what I mean is you connect to the internet each day and get like 5(10?15?) totally random safaris that day like with Mirage Spots in ORAS, and the next time you connect the random ones replace the old ones. Add that to the friend code system as is.

I'm guessing you're just bad at chaining then, because it was definitely the opposite for me.
It takes forever to find the Pokemon you want and then out of that you have to find the hidden ability you want on top of that? I vastly prefer just getting direct and to the point with the DexNav rather than waddling around through so many pointless fights hoping to just chance it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Can't wait to what the news will be.

The Dexnav while a great item isn't without flaws and could stand to be refined in later games buuuuuuut I know that the feature has probably been dropped.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can't wait to what the news will be.

The Dexnav while a great item isn't without flaws and could stand to be refined in later games buuuuuuut I know that the feature has probably been dropped.

This is basically the third time its come back in some form.

Best case scenario, we get a clip of the player wandering round a city, Black and White reveal-style.

Worst case scenario is just the Direct being run again.

v1perz53

I'm guessing you're just bad at chaining then, because it was definitely the opposite for me.
It takes forever to find the Pokemon you want and then out of that you have to find the hidden ability you want on top of that? I vastly prefer just getting direct and to the point with the DexNav rather than waddling around through so many pointless fights hoping to just chance it.

Actually, you're right in that it is partly my fault as I forgot you can't run from battles if you want to chain so a few times I wasn't chaining successfully. Though for the Xatu I got recently I killed every single one and it took 27 pokemon before I got the HA. But I just find DexNav to be one of the biggest boring slogs in the pokemon game, second only to hatching eggs prior to Gen VI infinite paths. I also hated PokeRadar too though, so it isn't just DexNav.

Not sure how you're saying it takes forever to find a pokemon you want in friend safari though, each one has a 33% chance. There's only a 3.6% chance to go 8 battles without finding the one you want. And there is always the chance with friend safari that the first thing you find is what you need with the HA. In the 25 or so pokemon I've caught from friend safari with HAs it never took me more than 10 minutes to get what I came for.

I think that's why I don't like DexNav. There's no special or lucky feeling. You need to encounter the pokemon X times before you are even eligible for HAs, so there's no "oh man I got exactly what I wanted first try" feeling of luck, just grinding it out doing your duty and getting what you want. Encountering the same pokemon 15-20 times in a row guaranteed, seeing on the screen exactly what ability/moves it will have

But to each their own. I am sure for people more into the competitive scene having more of a guarantee is better, because relying on luck for any PvP competitive thing is shitty. I just personally found friend safari a better compromise.

GoldStarz

I like that there's no lucky feeling. I disagree that it doesnt fell special because when I find what I want after a well-earned search, I'm super pumped and cautious. You sound like you're a really lucky person, but I'm really not and you when you're not lucky, you realize pretty quickly that a percentage in theory doesn't necessarily present itself that way in reality.

Where can I watch the Pokémon thing?

Can I catch it on youtube? What do I search?
Nowhere legally, but the other thread does have links if you really want to bore yourself with a Pokemon Variety show for 28 minutes.

So when is the next time I can
blindly
hope for news. April Corocoro?

Considering that Coro Coro has barely referenced Sun and Moon at all since it was revealed, I'd be very unsurprised if the information promised in next week's issue was just the very basics as we heard in the Direct.

May at the earliest for anything substantial, IMO. Hell, maybe they string us out until E3!

Chase17

Considering that Coro Coro has barely referenced Sun and Moon at all since it was revealed, I'd be very unsurprised if the information promised in next week's issue was just the very basics as we heard in the Direct.

May at the earliest for anything substantial, IMO. Hell, maybe they string us out until E3!

*shudders*

Back to our regularly scheduled wait for CoroCoro.

Nah, they will show the game in CoroCoro.

Top Bottom