• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Speaking of the drawings and avatars, since I just changed it recently, I'd be keeping it for next month. Or something. Don't forget to remind me... heh.

Noivern is a pretty nice thing to draw.

If you're still doing requests I'd like a Drapion, please.

I wouldn't mind a Beedrill one if possible. :3

Great style ! I'd love to see Ampharos in your style :)

Do you have a Deviantart account ?

scribbly_pokemon_05_by_quarksney-d9y0q8u.png

q8etrwg.png
YWsWodO.png
T46d3LW.png

Felt like some warm pink highlights this time.

@ AdamisFox, my deviantART account is here.

Kanto legendary birds with hidden ability's by signing up with for a newsletter?

Hmm, decisions.

How, tell me

EDIT: Never mind, apparently I'm already signed up and I just didn't realize the name lol. The newsletter only comes once a month, so if you're worried about spam, then don't be.

scribbly_pokemon_04_by_quarksney-d9xwrg1.png

elfa9hN.png
oqDRslM.png
s0a7fbY.png

Included Victini as an avatar in case someone wants it.

I'm enjoying doing these because they're quick in a simple cartoon style. And because they're only coming in about three at a time.

Finally got around to showing my little girl the Victini and she loves it. I told her tomorrow when I get off of work I'll save all of the sketches you've done to her iPad.

She started telling me her favorite Pokémon and she has good taste.

Edit: forgot to say she said "Thank You!!!!!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Uh, anyway, the ep after shiny Phantump is Diantha fighting Ash to make him stronger as they are the key to Kalos's future or something.

>May 4th: XY&Z025 - Ash VS Champion Diantha! VS Mega Gardevoir!!
>Ash and his friends continue their journey towards Snowbelle City in order to get the final badge. But then, the Kalos region’s champion Diantha comes by. According to Diantha, there is a prophecy saying that a crisis will strike the Kalos region in the near future. She then goes on to tell them that when that happens, Ash and his friends are the ones holding the key to it all.

JoeM86

I wouldn't expect too much from CoroCoro.

Chances are something pertaining to the movie that'll be in Sun/Moon. Maybe a form or a new Pokémon.
Also details on things like "Transfer Volcanion over to Sun/Moon to unlock _____ (probably Magearna)"

Maybe protagonists and some screenshots too.

Note: the above is speculation based on past precedent and just speculation in general. It's not indicative of insider knowledge

Kyzer

Banned
The main thing to look out for, I think, is the Nintendo direct that reveals Nx. For some reason it feels like the hurdle that everything is waiting to jump.

If not, I still think even if we start getting to corocoro hyping real new info it'll coincide with some other reveal happening first

Qurupeke

I wouldn't expect too much from CoroCoro.

Chances are something pertaining to the movie that'll be in Sun/Moon. Maybe a form or a new Pokémon.
Also details on things like "Transfer Volcanion over to Sun/Moon to unlock _____ (probably Magearna)"

Maybe protagonists and some screenshots too.

Note: the above is speculation based on past precedent and just speculation in general. It's not indicative of insider knowledge

This actually seems realistic. I'd say it's a given we'll get our first look on the games and a few out of context locations. Starters is probably a bit too much, but it isn't impossible. And the covers of the game, maybe.

GoldStarz

This actually seems realistic. I'd say it's a given we'll get our first look on the games and a few out of context locations. Starters is probably a bit too much, but it isn't impossible. And the covers of the game, maybe.
Game covers are only happening if they reveal the main legends which I don't think is happening.

Highwind

This should become your tag. :p

What I am expecting is clearer images of the concept art shown in the reveal trailer and maybe some text information about the direction they're taking with the game (like the overall theme).

Anything more will be a pleasant surprise.

JoeM86

I'm going to be using Black & White here as a base of comparison

January 2010: Black & White revealed, sans name.
February 2010: Zorua & Zoroark revealed for the movie
March 2010: Nothing
April 2010: First stuff in CoroCoro. First screenshots in just a couple of areas plus first battle screen Zorua VS Zoroark
May 2010: Next stuff in CoroCoro. More screenshots in a couple of areas. Reveal of starters. Reveal of movie unlock: Send Shiny Beasts over to Black & White to unlock Zoroark.

I think our issue this month will be like the Black & White reveal, if that.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Maybe Coro Coro didnt have any "breaking reveals / exclusive scoop!" taglines as they'll be trailer showing off the starters and legendaries released world wide tomorrow... right? Right?... :(

The info drip so far does seem similar to Black/White. Is thats the case we may even get silhouettes of the starters before next months Coro Coro release if we dont get anything this month. That'll be fun.

Theorymon

Hey Inquisitive_Ghost, feel free to ignore this if you don't want to get overloaded with requests, but I'd love a Wobbuffet drawn in your style! I love using Wobbuffet competitively about as much as Arceus and Mega Rayquaza :D

Anyways on the corocoro front: yeah, I expect any huge reveals such as the boxart Ubers to be done by Nintendo themselves. Only way I expect something like that to be in corocoro is if we get ambushed by some sort of Nintendo direct.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember Zekrom and Reshiram were kind of revealed out of the blue---a few weeks I think after the Unova Starter CoroCoro issue but before the one with Darmanitan, Chinchino, and all them...right? On the official site.

I wouldn't be too surprised if our first decent reveal is via that rather than C.C., especially since they don't seem to break info first as often now.

Atheerios

I remember Zekrom and Reshiram were kind of revealed out of the blue---a few weeks I think after the Unova Starter CoroCoro issue but before the one with Darmanitan, Chinchino, and all them...right? On the official site.

I wouldn't be too surprised if our first decent reveal is via that rather than C.C., especially since they don't seem to break info first as often now.

Weren't Reshiram and Zekrom revealed on the official site before the starters?

Edit: nvm, it was after the starters. You are right.

However, in the BW era, they didn't have the worldwide reveals like nowadays, on the official sites every 15th

JoeM86

CoroCoro actually never breaks news first really. Especially in Gen VI.

It's only because it leaks early that it seems to be revealed by CoroCoro.

Its release coincides with the official reveal of content. They plan it out specifically, as do many other companies including Level 5, Namco etc. The official site typically posts the content around when most bookshops open in Japan. In Gen VI, the official western reveals typically come as or soon after midnight hits in Japan making it the first official reveal.

GoldStarz

CoroCoro actually never breaks news first really. Especially in Gen VI.

It's only because it leaks early that it seems to be revealed by CoroCoro.

Its release coincides with the official reveal of content. They plan it out specifically, as do many other companies including Level 5, Namco etc. The official site typically posts the content around when most bookshops open in Japan. In Gen VI, the official western reveals typically come as or soon after midnight hits in Japan making it the first official reveal.

They should probably account for it leaking then since it does consistently.

Top Bottom