• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

WPS

Jirachi needs better lore integration. It's just kinda there and a Legendary should never be "just kinda there" especially a Mythical.

It actually gets a tiny tidbit in Alpha Sapphire. You can find (text telling you that you've found) a picture depicting Archie, Shelly and Jirachi at the tanabata festival. There's no equivalent for OR, oddly.

Jirachi has a sort of gimick in that its the official event pokémon of the tanabata festival, and one with a special move is given out every year since 2013 in japan.

Of course, none of these ever make it out of japan, so we're lacking Jirachi with any of Follow Me, Heart Stamp, Meteor Mash, Play Rough or Moon Blast.

I really hope that Sun and Moon follow the release schedule of X and Y and have full worldwide release on the same day but I'm worried they won't. It's ok when it's ORAS and we've all played the games before but when it's a new generation with new Pokemon the week long wait trying to avoid too many spoilers and avoid watching YouTube videos and Twitch streams would really not be enjoyable.

I really hope that Sun and Moon follow the release schedule of X and Y and have full worldwide release on the same day but I'm worried they won't. It's ok when it's ORAS and we've all played the games before but when it's a new generation with new Pokemon the week long wait trying to avoid too many spoilers and avoid watching YouTube videos and Twitch streams would really not be enjoyable.

Likely they'll probably slightly delay its release for locations where date-breaking is common (so probably Europe again)

Hopefully they'll try for simultaneous again, though.

When they come out I'm thinking of getting two copies, one run in English, and one in Simplified Chinese (remember that all Pokémon games are multi-language on cart.)

I thought they won't have same schedule now?

"Winter 2016" for Japan, "Holiday 2016" for North America and "Late 2016" for Europe. I'm guessing at most it will be about 2 or 3 weeks apart, but I'm betting it won't be much more than a week.

EDIT: Also Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has sold 1.22 million worldwide, not bad.

"Winter 2016" for Japan, "Holiday 2016" for North America and "Late 2016" for Europe. I'm guessing at most it will be about 2 or 3 weeks apart, but I'm betting it won't be much more than a week.

EDIT: Also Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has sold 1.22 million worldwide, not bad.

All those could mean the same thing really, it's anyone's guess at this point. I never really was sold on the delay for ORAS in Europe being due to street date breaking. Issues with production, logistics, etc. always seemed like a more likely explanation. Unless there's been a statement on this that I'm not aware off.

Firestorm

It's launching globally at the end of the year because all of those things mean the same thing. November / December. Likely a week or so before Black Friday in US and immediately after Black Friday in Europe to keep shipment easy or something. Maybe earlier or later in Japan but I'm guessing the game would need to be pretty behind to launch in December in the US and miss Black Friday weekend in a year that they probably have no other first party titles for the holidays.

JoeM86

It's launching globally at the end of the year because all of those things mean the same thing. November / December. Likely a week or so before Black Friday in US and immediately after Black Friday in Europe to keep shipment easy or something. Maybe earlier or later in Japan but I'm guessing the game would need to be pretty behind to launch in December in the US and miss Black Friday weekend in a year that they probably have no other first party titles for the holidays.

Yep. It'll pretty much be the same week. Probably same day (unless they want to punish Europe for the XY leaks again).

The "dates" are different because of how each region deals with dates. Winter 2016 = Holiday 2016 = Late 2016.

People are reading way, way too much into this.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
XY wasn't playable at E3 the year it released, right?

Hoping Sun and Moon isn't absent even from E3, if it is then maybe I'll consider the idea of it being revealed too early and far from finished more than hysteria.

Chase17

Hoping Sun and Moon isn't absent even from E3, if it is then maybe I'll consider the idea of it being revealed too early and far from finished more than hysteria.
I may be remembering wrong, but I think that it was playable.

I recall the developers playing it during the round table (which would be nice to have again this year), and there were screens with gameplay in the Nintedo area, but I don't think anyone could actually play the game.

Don't worry- if they announced it too early and have to give endless, substance-free teases in lieu of any content, it's just Nintendo's overall strategy at the moment in microcosm. :D

Pokemon mainline games have not made a habit of being at E3 - TPC is on their own schedule.

Both X&Y and ORAS were there and featured, albeit in a state that wasn't publically playable.

In the absence of any further information I'm guessing S&M will be the same, with the caveat that we don't even know if Nintendo will have a venue to show them off this time around.

Weebos

Banned
If Sun and Moon aren't at E3 they will probably be at the Worlds in August.

Worlds is in San Francisco this year too, maybe they will have some private press showings.

I subbed to this thread yesterday but didn't have the time to post anything. I am just now getting into Alpha Sapphire and I absolutely love it. The memories of Pokemon on my old Gameboy are coming back in spades. Though I do remember Red being a little tougher than this but I don't mind it.

4699-8587-7155 is my friend code. Hit me up if you want! Definitely will start looking to trade once I get to endgame.

Weebos

Banned
I subbed to this thread yesterday but didn't have the time to post anything. I am just now getting into Alpha Sapphire and I absolutely love it. The memories of Pokemon on my old Gameboy are coming back in spades. Though I do remember Red being a little tougher than this but I don't mind it.

4699-8587-7155 is my friend code. Hit me up if you want! Definitely will start looking to trade once I get to endgame.

If you want a more challenging experience try turning off the Exp Share and changing the battle mode to Set in the Options.

Online battles are all in Set anyway.

oh yeah, top 100 favorite pokemon voted by japan so far was revealed recently:

ChFXFN4U4AA8U2b.jpg
ChFXG_5VEAARWJP.jpg

blow down to the LOVE

actual polls ends in 10 days as noted by boss doggie

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
the chances of some of the legendaries being on top is because they want to have an event is...

with that said that's not yet the final result, still has 10 days to go, and it's kinda sad that Meowth isn't even in top 100 when they're using puppet Meowth to "showcase" the poll

the chances of some of the legendaries being on top is because they want to have an event is...

with that said that's not yet the final result, still has 10 days to go, and it's kinda sad that Meowth isn't even in top 100 when they're using puppet Meowth to "showcase" the poll

oh, should have bother reading the whole thing but got lazy

would be interesting to see what 10 days does to the ranking

Boss Doggie

and it's not even a popularity poll, it's more like which mons you want to be given as an event

which why Greninja is winning doesn't make sense, it's not like Protean isn't hard to get

GoldStarz

and it's not even a popularity poll, it's more like which mons you want to be given as an event

which why Greninja is winning doesn't make sense, it's not like Protean isn't hard to get

I mean like, maybe kids are thinking they'll get their own Ash-Greninja. I mean 7 to 9 year-olds can buy into their own perceptions of reality really well even if they don't make much sense.

Menitta

No matter what the poll is asking (granted it's positive), it'll be treated like a popularity contest. That's why Charizard is so high. Charizard is the most overrated Pokemon ever.

Xux

I'm surprised Armaldo got any votes at all. Also interesting that the cross-gen Eeveemalutions are voted for before the originals.

Wasn't sure which Pokemon topic to post this in, but I'll share it with you guys. The team picture I was waiting for has finally been finished. There's a lot behind it, but the quick summary of it is that it's the last team picture I'm getting from my friend, and I wanted to include my favourite 6 from my favourite generation. I also wanted to celebrate my second trip to Japan, where I ended up visiting all 9 Pokemon Centers at the time, among various other things. I'm seriously happy with how it turned out.

day%20night.jpg

JoeM86

For you, maybe. But there are kids who are just voting for their favourite Pokémon. Don't twist the way you see this to be the way it truly is

Boss Doggie

cD5yUAz.jpg

well now

(not sure if small snips of activity books are allowed)

For you, maybe. But there are kids who are just voting for their favourite Pokémon. Don't twist the way you see this to be the way it truly is

true enough, but I'd argue the results would slightly be different if it was outright stated as such

also aren't some entries taken from the tv quiz and it had random selections?

Seil

I recall seeing certain episodes (think last week, and then this week?) having the d button thing where you vote.

There's a vote feature during broadcasts, yes, but from what I've seen there's 72 pages with 10 Pokemon each available in it. Not a random selection.

Edit:

160414_img_02.png

Boss Doggie

There's a vote feature during broadcasts, yes, but from what I've seen there's 72 pages with 10 Pokemon each available in it. Not a random selection.

ah so they're arranged alphabetically? still wouldn't surprise me if people just randomly picked a poll just to get it done

Boss Doggie

Well, today's ep will have a DIGLETT DIG DIGLETT DIG TRIO TRIO moment in the dub

nothing much happened today aside from the usual weirdness, but understandable because it's sandwiched by two heavy-budget eps.

next episode HYPE, Diantha being all action and Ash Greninja masters Fuuma Shuriken

also tvtokyo website posted some snips

9ughcCV.jpg

these are

>XY&Z026: Rival Showdown! Ash VS Shota!! [May 12th]
>XY&Z027: Snowbelle Gym Match! A Battlefield of Ice!! [May 19th]
>XY&Z028: The Winding Woods... The Dawn of Evolution! [May 26th]

Top Bottom