• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

That alleged fire starter is a hard deconfirmation, for my money. The starters are the faces of the generation, with the most merchandise and brand power of the lot, and that fire starter simply does not fit the bill. Looks like some mid-game cave Pokémon, not a starter.

Also, any attempts to pretend that it's a cat or a tiger to fit in with the trademarks are laughable.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Good news everyone!!!!

ChUXZQVWgAAi4Cb.jpg

I defeated Whitney. >:D

Though I had to see her cry because she lost....I really don't like Whitney ¬_¬;

ChUYIZpWwAETrL9.jpg
ChUYM3bWMAA8U4S.jpg

Though I wonder what Game Freak will do about her Clefairy if they decide to bring Whitney back, would they replace the Clefairy or make her a fairy type gym leader like how Jasmine used to be a rock type gym leader but changed to steel when her Onix evolved into a Steelix.

GoldStarz

Her main is Miltank, so they could probably just give her a Jigglypuff, but a HGSS remake won't happen for a couple forevers now lol

Menitta

I fucking hope Iris or Cilan don't come back for a few episodes. They've done this ever since Gen 3 with Misty. They did it with Misty, May, and Dawn. I hope they just bring Bianca back instead of those two. Those'll be 4 episodes I skip if Iris or Cilan returns.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Her main is Miltank, so they could probably just give her a Jigglypuff,

True, Jigglypuff can easily pretty much do what Clefairy did, barring learning Metronome.

but a HGSS remake won't happen for a couple forevers now lol

Ha ha true, but I was thinking more along the line if they decide to bring back the Pokémon World Tournament or decide to make Whitney an elite 4 member, like how both Koga and Caitlin ended up being Elite 4 members.

Oh wow, they really did rebrand Clefairy as pure Fairy type. I always thought it was Normal/Fairy.

I thought the same for Snubbull and Granbull, till I learned that they are just pure fairy.

There's currently only 4 Pokémon that are only Normal/Fairy.

"Hi I am Diantha and look at me jumping out from a helicopter."

Man why did Diantha had to be so boring in the game? ¬_¬;

#Dianthaistheworsechampionever #Cynthiarules

Team Flare has barely started

looks like they getting through all these important Ash fights in a hurry

The Writers probably have to wrap up the Team Flare plot quickly so that they can do the Pokémon League and then wrap up the Kalos arc in time for Sun and Moon release.

Menitta

So, who are Ash's rivals this season? We got photography guy, fat guy, half asleep guy, and the dude Ash almost died to-guy, right?

I'm sorry, I forget all of their names.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Trevor isn't really a rival (photography guy), Tierno is but he's barely progressing (fat guy), Shota/Sawyer is the one with Sceptile (the half asleep kid) and Alain is the mega guy (died to).

exhume

Anyone else been speculating about the OT of that Zygarde being distributed as a mystery gift? First we got a Rayquaza with Galileo as the OT, and now this Zygarde with Descartes as its OT...GF have certainly picked an interesting theme to go with.

WPS

Anyone else been speculating about the OT of that Zygarde being distributed as a mystery gift? First we got a Rayquaza with Galileo as the OT, and now this Zygarde with Descartes as its OT...GF have certainly picked an interesting theme to go with.

Considering the sun legend is thought to be named Solgaleo, maybe Sun and Moon have a philosophy theme?

Maybe there's no footage because they're metaphorical video games.

Considering the sun legend is thought to be named Solgaleo, maybe Sun and Moon have a philosophy theme?

Maybe there's no footage because they're metaphorical video games.

Well, the Zygarde does mention in the location data to be... from the Pokémon cartoon. For some reason. Anyone thinking it's just a tie-in?

Though, suspicious...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
iirc the anime tie-in reference imply it's the zygarde + shiny xy legendaries from Japan

but I could be wrong

JoeM86

René Descartes, creator of the Cartesian system (Cartesio is the Italian OT btw).

The Cartesian coordinate system is the one that incorporates X, Y and Z as the reference points for co-ordinates on a three dimensional plane

Chances are it's the giveaway for Fates Collide anyway. We'll find out tomorrow

v1perz53

Ah crap, just as I feared I got really busy at the end of April and forgot to nab Jirachi from the event before it was over... Did anyone happen to grab an extra one they wouldn't mind trading to me? I have extra of the Mew and Celebi giveaways if you would need that, otherwise not really sure what I'd have to trade.

Send me a PM if you have an extra!

Articalys

I'd assumed Gamestop was pretty prevalent nationwide; kind of surprised to learn otherwise.

Got my code this morning, might pick a spare up later in the week from a store near where I'll probably be running errands anyway. Not bold enough to ask for multiples in one trip though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man I just realized today was the first of May...Sun and Moon information could come literally any day now.

Well, since the Flash Clash online competition ended (the one where you basically have one on one battles), I feel like sharing some funny things that happened.

In one battle, I had my Vaporeon up against a Chansey, that I think was holding an eviolite. I start with Rain Dance for the boost in Water type moves and the Chansey went for a Toxic. Thankfully I had Hydration as an ability so I didn't have to worry much. The Chansey then switched to Seismic Toss for the 50 damage, which adds up, but Scald was my best attacking move and it did very little, so I had to depend on slowly chipping away at it's health and rely on Leftovers + Wish for recovery. At this point, it was a stall battle, since the Chansey had Softboiled. I was only able to win with a Time Out because I used Wish on the second to last turn, giving me more health.

Another battle I had was with my Avalugg against an Articuno. Articuno tries to use Sheer Cold, but Avalugg had Sturdy and since Sheer Cold can only Knock Out, it did nothing and I lost no health. Then Articuno used Sheer Cold again, probably hoping that Sturdy wore out, but it still did nothing. At this point I asked myself "Is that all they have?" *Your opponent forfeited* "That was all they had!"

I can relate to that feeling of hopelessness though, with this one battle that I was using Avalugg against a Shuckle. My Avalugg could do nothing as that Shuckle just kept using Shell Smash. Shell Smash decreases defensive stats while increasing offensive stats, but that Shuckle had Contrary, which means increase in defense and decrease in the offense it doesn't need. A combination of Toxic and Infestation brought me down to half and even when I used Recover, I wouldn't even make a dent in that Shuckle. Once I saw it use Rest, I new it was time to give up, so I forfeited.

Seil

? Why do you say that? Something happening that I'm not aware of?

Well, this month's CoroCoro is supposed to have S&M news. But that's not really "any day now". CoroCoro releases on the 15th of the month and usually leaks a couple days before, occasionally as early as the 10th or so, but certainly not the first week of the month lol.

Not aware of anything else happening this month.

I'd be a little surprised if TPCi let a Japanese magazine have the scoop on gameplay shots and starter/legendaries designs in this age of international release and promotion. Not likely, but I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if they issued a press release first, like they did with Reshiram and Zekrom back in the day.

JoeM86

I'd be a little surprised if TPCi let a Japanese magazine have the scoop on gameplay shots and starter/legendaries designs in this age of international release and promotion. Not likely, but I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if they issued a press release first, like they did with Reshiram and Zekrom back in the day.

The gameplay shots are the main thing with this. They're not going to want the first images of the game to come from grainy/blurry leaked magazine photos. They know it happens and they know it's not the best first impression. The rest, new Pokémon/Megas etc., are secondary to that.

I'd be surprised if we get nothing this week (just hopefully not this afternoon...I'm watching Civil War :p Will have my laptop if shit hits the fan, but don't really want it to). Especially as CoroCoro's wording implied that the news is coming in May, not that it was coming in the next issue.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I got my Darkrai event yesterday and naturally I wanted to try him and I picked Serena to be my victim, erm I mean battle partner. Now she did something smart but still ended up being so stupid in the end.

Darkrai used Dark Void against her Altaria, but because her Altaria had the ability Natural Cure she switched out but sent out Delphox... ¬_¬;

So naturally Darkrai tore Delphox apart and then she sent Altaria back out, which Darkrai tore apart before finally sending out her Mega Absol, who would have been a better Pokémon to take out Darkrai but Serena is programmed to send her Mega Absol last no matter what.

I really hope that Game Freak changes that as it makes fighting AI with Mega so boring and easy as you know that they will send the Pokémon out last, even if that Pokémon will have a type advantage against yours.

I'd be surprised if we get nothing this week (just hopefully not this afternoon...I'm watching Civil War :p Will have my laptop if shit hits the fan, but don't really want it to).

Lucky bastard, I can't watch it till next weekend because...reason. ¬_¬;

Yep I expect a direct or something before corocoro releases

Same, though it will be E3 next month so I wonder if they will just wait till then.

I'll blame you. People don't say D&P&Pt, HG&SS, B&W, and X&Y. They say D/P/Pt, HGSS, B/W, XY. Your mind immediately went to the dirty implications and latched onto it. We can just call it S/M and be done with this immaturity.

I always write out the full name all versions, don't know why but I just do.

Billyman

Neo Member
I think Pokemon company is going to drop a random trailer on YouTube sometime this week and a bunch of ingame pictures on the official site

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What day would be the best bet---possibly around Oha Suta airing? since in the past I believe things have corresponded to it.

Top Bottom