• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't want another Hoenn though.

Gimme colder areas like Russia or other nordic or slavic countries!

GoldStarz

Still hope for Hawaii then. One thing that would worry me about Hawaii is the travelling between islands. I wouldn't want to constantly use surf like in Hoenn.

What would be honestly REALLY cool is if you could surf between islands, but they gave players the option to just skip that and going by boat. They could also just magic in some bridges for some of the closer islands.

I just want to see Pokemon cover a place that is outright an island nation. Hawaii has some much potential for a setting and it's so beautiful. I really wanna see what GameFreak does with it.

Menitta

Fire types are savage.

What would be honestly REALLY cool is if you could surf between islands, but they gave players the option to just skip that and going by boat. They could also just magic in some bridges for some of the closer islands.

They'd probably make the player go through it once and then skip. Also, fly would make that feature useless.

GoldStarz

I agree. Snowpoint City is the most interesting town of Sinnoh.

Max is such a little...what's the word...shit. I bet if he wasn't in the show at all, it would be better.

I actually really like Sunyshore and Hearthome to be honest.

Also, I think a coast town would make for a really interesting hometown. Most hometowns have been more or less closed off since Gen 2, so it'd be interesting to see a town that is a bit more open again.

Menitta

I actually really like Sunyshore and Hearthome to be honest.

Also, I think a coast town would make for a really interesting hometown. Most hometowns have been more or less closed off since Gen 2, so it'd be interesting to see a town that is a bit more open again.

I really like Snowpoint because of all the stuff with Regigigas and the music of Route 216/217 is so freaking great...

It also gets points from me because I love hiking and I've done a hike like that in the snow. (Not that intense where I can't run, but still)

Edit: This happens every time I try to watch Advanced. I just get board by the Pokemon poacher episode. It's a much slower start than DP.

MarkusRJR

So after dealing with Pokémon Support they have no idea why I stopped receiving emails for my account, and said that they can't resend any.

Well fuck that. Guess I miss out on the legendary birds. :(

Boss Doggie

XY confirmed best series

>Jun2: XY&Z29- Ash Greninja VS Mega Abomasnow! The Giant Water Shuriken is Triggered!!

>June 9th: XY&Z030 - Find Carbink! Goodra and Dedenne!!

Goodra returns and holy shit, Wulfric gym battle three episodes?!

also eps 27 and 29 (gym fights) are directed by Iwane and 27-29 are screenplayed by Tomioka

holy fucking shit

Atheerios

With the countdown Masuda is doing in his blog, now I'm really confident that the announcement is going to be very big, lots of info and a gameplay trailer.

Menitta

Multi-episode battles are the most frustrating things ever. It's like when duels in Yugioh last like 7 episodes. This is why I just watch it all in one burst. Still waiting for XYZ to finish before starting it.

Boss Doggie

Multi-episode battles are the most frustrating things ever. It's like when duels in Yugioh last like 7 episodes. This is why I just watch it all in one burst. Still waiting for XYZ to finish before starting it.

Well the first wulfric fight is a single ep, then there'll be that training I mentioned.

Now the question is whether the mega obama vs ashninja is related to the rematch gym battle (the episode preceding that) or not

EDIT:
Oh yeah, summaries courtesy of Adamant

XY&Z028: The Winding Woods... The Dawn of Evolution! (May 26th)
>Serena and the others are worried about Ash after he disappeared into the forest at night and still didn't return by morning, so they all decide to go look for him. But as Ash is lost in the forest, that other Pokémon that disappeared as well appears before him. What is the answer Ash found in the forest?

XY&Z029: Ash Greninja VS Mega Abomasnow! The Giant Water Shuriken Triggers!! (Jun 2nd)
>After interacting with the Pokémon in the forest, Ash has matured a bit further. No longer lost on what to do, Ash once again issues a battle. Ash summons up everything he has gained so far on his journey: The knowledge, the experience and the memories made with the Pokémon. But the ultimate opponent appears before him: Mega Abomasnow.

XY&Z030: Find Carbink! Goodra and Dedenne!! (Jun 9th)
>On their way to Lumiose City, Ash and his friends decide to stop by the wetlands where Goodra lives. Ash and the others are delighted at seeing Goodra again, but then trouble suddenly arrives! Incredibly, a single Carbink appears to be going on a rampage in the wetlands. Ash and his friends attempt to stop the Carbink together with Goodra and the wetland Pokémon, but then Team Rocket show up.

Boss Doggie

It looks like they just changed the title for ep29? Based on what you had posted here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202576773

At this point losing in the league to anything short of another trainer using sync is going to feel like a cop-out. Like I said before I have no idea what their endgame plan is for this season.

Yeah apparently it was a false title. So it really just two battles then, than 3.

Menitta

Man that was awhile ago I believe right before the battle frontier saga

So I have to wait until Battle Frontier until the voices get good...

F3qkx.gif

I'm at the part where Pikachu learns his most useful move, so there's that.

Menitta

Ok, now that I'm back from Civil War, I have two extra US Darkrai codes. One guess per person.

The other is Gen 2 Electric.

(I'm sorry I messed this up so badly...)

GoldStarz

Ok, now that I'm back from Civil War, I have two extra US Darkrai codes. Whoever guesses two of my favorite Pokemon, gets one. One guess per person!

One is Gen 2 Dark type.
The other is Gen 2 Electric type.

GO!

One guess for both or one guess for one?

I'm guessing... Sneasel and Ampharos...

Ok, now that I'm back from Civil War, I have two extra US Darkrai codes. Whoever guesses two of my favorite Pokemon, gets one. One guess per person!

One is Gen 2 Dark type.
The other is Gen 2 Electric type.

GO!
I'll guess because I'm bored sick in bed. Don't need the codes. Let's see...

Murkrow and elekid

Boss Doggie

So the Pokemon Rica Matsumoto (Ash's JP VA) voted for is...
Cubone

Apparently because
she connected with it emotionally and that she feels like she is her sometimes. Oh and she really had a pretty sad past with a death of a family member.

Menitta

Welp. Ash just got bodied by Brawly with the worst luck in the world. Now for the long span of episodes where they do NOTHING.

Top Bottom