• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Malrend

Not entirely wooed by any of the new starters myself.. Although they all have design points that I find nice.. Probably going to be the first time since Johto where I struggle to pick a starter. Although I guess we'll see if the 2nd stage and final evolutions will end up getting revealed down the line.

Also:
I'm guessing Litten, thinking Popplio will go to the goofball of the group.

Here I thought Ash was the goofball. Popplio suits him perfectly. Although I guess they won't give him the Water-type twice in a row.. unless he gets all three starters again.

Not entirely wooed by any of the new starters myself.. Although they all have design points that I find nice.. Probably going to be the first time since Johto where I struggle to pick a starter. Although I guess we'll see if the 2nd stage and final evolutions will end up getting revealed down the line.

Also:

Here I thought Ash was the goofball. Popplio suits him perfectly. Although I guess they won't give him the Water-type twice in a row.. unless he gets all three starters again.
Dear god no! Rowlet for ash

I am the froofiest batwyvern, and I will be firmly in the moon camp. :p

Sign me up for the legendary bat :3

Also, grass bird is lovely. Probably will wait on final evolution form, though.

Menitta

At first glance of the legendaries, I was leaning towards Sun, but then I got a closer look at the Moon legendary and I'm on #TeamMoon now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The bat reminds me of Darkwing from Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Still staying on Sun because glorious lion mecha. You can't go wrong with that.

I'm leaning towards Sun, but I need to see the exclusives first. I was going to get Y but then the exclusives made me get X.
And then I just bought Y later anyways.

gardfish

Lunaala's growing on me, but I can't get over its lack of anything resembling feet. Like its whole lower half is just this wedge and it looks awkward to me.

Regular version exclusives will be the deciding factor, though, as always.

Boss Doggie

Legends don't always have the same name in all regions, but its a safe bet. The spelling is more likely to change though.

The only legendary that isn't international in name are the birds (Freezer/Thunder/Fire), otherwise it has been consistent.

Chase17

Also:

I was thinking in terms of the XY anime, where Clemont is far more goofy than Ash, and has Chespin, the most silly of the starters.

WPS

don't forget Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus

And Azelf for whatever reason.

I thought that one was more on spelling difference?

Even then, it just means the mythical (i.e. banned) legendaries are still consistent vs the usable trios.

Nah, they're Tornelos and Voltolos over there. Imagine if Japan had Thunder, Thunders and Thundurus.

But yeah as I said - legends don't always keep the same name but its a safe bet they will.

Chase17

The crime organization's base is located on the sun or moon in their respective games.

Edit: Maybe they can bring in the Sonic Adventure 2 moon cannon.

Boss Doggie

Gym Leader Pedro sounds hilarious

Also I am surprised none of the people there leaked the whole deal.

Now let's see how can we get Litten to evolve into something part fighting.

bipedal fighting tiger

and honestly that's cool

Kinsei

Banned
Gym Leader Pedro sounds hilarious

Also I am surprised none of the people there leaked the whole deal.

bipedal fighting tiger

and honestly that's cool

If they're going to make it bipedal they might as well give it a fire sword too. Shit, that actually makes sense if they are going for a circus trio.

Seil

Hawaii must be a territory of France in the Pokemon world.

I dunno if this is supposed to be a joke or not lol, it's so hard to tell sometimes. Either way, we already knew there was a high chance our next region would be far from Kalos because of the Strange Souvenir in XY.

Chase17

I dunno if this is supposed to be a joke or not lol, it's so hard to tell sometimes. Either way, we already knew there was a high chance our next region would be far from Kalos because of the Strange Souvenir in XY.

They never say the souvenir is from Kalos. Actually they pretty much say the opposite.
Was referring to how GF mentioned character customization was a France only thing.

Seil

Was referring to how GF mentioned character customization was a France only thing.

Well, they did say that in an interview about ORAS. And were really talking about ORAS at the time.

That said, a lot of people were upset it wasn't in ORAS, and if they did intend to leave customization out of the next generation they clearly responded to what the community wanted.

Though really I doubt anyone would've gotten what you meant from your original statement lol.

Hawaii must be a territory of France in the Pokemon world.

XS5LK.gif

Seil

Customization was repeatedly talked about in all the other sun and moon threads with people making fun of their lame excuse.

It wasn't at the time of this post, though, or not that I noticed. With zero context it seemed pretty random to me lol.

Edit: Doesn't help that there were also multiple occasions where people have brought up going to Kalos, even after Alola was revealed x.x

Kyzer

Banned
Wonder what surfing looks like. Maybe it getting retooled ties in with the amount of water everywhere. I could see HMs becoming just like TMs, and their overworld functions being replaced by field moves like Soar, Ferry, Ride, etc.

It would also allow them to rethink their positions on some Pokemon being able to fly you around or ferry you across the ocean, and give them back control on being able to actually portray that graphically in the world.

They could be unlocked through items like the Eon Flute.

Seil

Wonder what surfing looks like. Maybe it getting retooled ties in with the amount of water everywhere. I could see HMs becoming just like TMs, and their overworld functions being replaced by field moves like Soar, Ferry, Ride, etc.

It would also allow them to rethink their positions on some Pokemon being able to fly you around or ferry you across the ocean, and give them back control on being able to actually portray that graphically in the world.

They could be unlocked through items like the Eon Flute.

If Fly ever gets outright replaced by Soar functionally, I'll cry because Soar is way slower x.x I use it solely for the things that can only be accessed via Soar. Fly, especially with direct access via the touchscreen map in ORAS, is far superior lol.

Don't mind options, but "replace" is a bad word =p

Kyzer

Banned
If Fly ever gets outright replaced by Soar functionally, I'll cry because Soar is way slower x.x I use it solely for the things that can only be accessed via Soar. Fly, especially with direct access via the touchscreen map in ORAS, is far superior lol.

Don't mind options, but "replace" is a bad word =p

They could keep TM functionality to be like moves like Dig, Teleport, Rock Smash, etc.

So basically now Fly would be a TM that is like an instant soar

Top Bottom