• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Well, as long as it's not lots of water routes and trumpets...

Hmm, badge/plot progression could work, too. Depends on if they want to keep HMs.

The cat is growing on me. I think I can't really pick on any of them.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Goodbye Gen 6 I will not miss you, you were such a disappointment and will never be redeemed.

Anyway from both the English and Japanese trailer the game is ticking all the right box for me but I am kinda holding back my hype as I was so crushed when X and Y failed to meet my expectation and I tried so hard to like the game as I really really wanted to enjoy gen 6.

And after seeing the new Box Mascot, I am kinda meh towards Zygarde now as it just feels that Game Freak put him in the game to be a red herring.

#ZygardefailedKalos

take yo bets, what starters are they going to give ash?

i still cant get over the owl was real

It will be Litten, abused and abandoned by its trainer. Plus Ash's Litten will be a punk wearing sunglasses*.

*I am just guessing as I have no insider knowledge.

I dunno if this is supposed to be a joke or not lol, it's so hard to tell sometimes. Either way, we already knew there was a high chance our next region would be far from Kalos because of the Strange Souvenir in XY.

You know I am kinda glad we are travelling to a new region as Kalos just felt so bland and by the numbers region, which made me feel like that Game Freak was just testing out their new 3D skill for Sun and Moon.

Was referring to how GF mentioned character customization was a France only thing.

Oh yeah that was a dumb excuse.

GoldStarz

I'm honestly fine with water routes as long as GameFreak shows that they've learned their lesson and realized that just because a Pokemon lives in the water doesn't mean it's a water type

i expect a lot of grass, bug, fire, and flying types this gen tbh

Weebos

Banned
Need more fairies.

Also, it is promising that Rowlet isn't flying by default, hopefully Pokemon like Xatu can get back on the ground.

Seil

Need more fairies.

Also, it is promising that Rowlet isn't flying by default, hopefully Pokemon like Xatu can get back on the ground.

Yeah, I really hate the endless flight animations in Gen VI. Hopefully this means no sky battles, or at the very least grounded + flying animations this time.

Edit: Then again, Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchling... etc... all grounded while their evolutions aren't in Gen VI.

Mr-Joker

Banned
By the way I am still hungry for more Pokémon Sun and Moon info. -_-;

Glad the Pokebank is around so I can bring my Entei over to Hawaii and let him bask in all the volcanic goodness.

Yeah I am going to breed a Charmander and send it to bank and then use him from the start of the game.

I will never have to play a whole game without Charizard by my side ever again. :D

I must say, I hope that's not the default male clothes. It looks plain.

They look better than the default male outfit in gen 6, I wasn't a fan of the whole blue outfit.

Seil

By the way I am still hungry for more Pokémon Sun and Moon info. -_-;

Yeah I am going to breed a Charmander and send it to bank and then use him from the start of the game.

I will never have to play a whole game without Charizard by my side ever again. :D

As long as S&M support is there at launch. I suspect/hope it will be, but they could always intentionally withhold it for a bit to "keep things fresh" or whatever.

Menitta

The male protag looks like someone who's trying to cosplay as their own bad Pokemon trainer. They just have a hat, shirt, and pants with a bag.

Re: Japanese trailer

Kid had his n3DS with him on the plane ride. Therefore, he got it when he was still in Japan.

He got his copy of Sun/Moon in Hawaii. Therefore, region-locking should fuck him up.

It didn't. I am disappointed by this lack of detail.

L.O.R.D

Re: Japanese trailer

Kid had his n3DS with him on the plane ride. Therefore, he got it when he was still in Japan.

He got his copy of Sun/Moon in Hawaii. Therefore, region-locking should fuck him up.

It didn't. I am disappointed by this lack of detail.

oh shit,i didn't noticed he got the game from Hawaii.
is this a hint that the game will be 100% region free?
past game was almost free region,but due to the update files in the carts is for different region,it will not start the game.

Well, as long as it's not lots of water routes and trumpets...

Hmm, badge/plot progression could work, too. Depends on if they want to keep HMs.

The cat is growing on me. I think I can't really pick on any of them.

I'm honestly fine with water routes as long as GameFreak shows that they've learned their lesson and realized that just because a Pokemon lives in the water doesn't mean it's a water type

i expect a lot of grass, bug, fire, and flying types this gen tbh

I'm going to guess that there's multiple large islands and that boats will be this games bridges (like BW) where you can surf inside the island, but not from one to the other.

Menitta

The best shirt is already outdated, but I still use it.

yLz5q91.jpg

These aren't outdated.

GoldStarz

I'm going to guess that there's multiple large islands and that boats will be this games bridges (like BW) where you can surf inside the island, but not from one to the other.

I see the boat, but I don't think GF is going to make it impossible to Surf from one to another. At the very least, I'm positive at least one time they're going to have you surf instead of ferry it.

Kssio_Aug

I'm near to finish ORAS story mode, just reached the Pokemon League, but now I have some doubts:

1) I've beaten Groudon, cause I didn't know that I should have captured him in that time (I don't know why it didn't came to mind). Heard I could see a legendary again, including him, after beating the Elite 4. Is that true?

2) Where are the Elite 4 and what are they exactly? Are they the League trainers?

3) Can I capture a Mewtwo in Omega Ruby / Alpha Saphire?

4) Should I capture legendaries before or after Poke League?

Thanks! =)
I believe some of these may sound silly questions, but this is the 1st time playing pokemon in years (the last time was Pokemon Crystal in GBC times).

Kinsei

Banned
I'm near to finish ORAS story mode, just reached the Pokemon League, but now I have some doubts:

1) I've beaten Groudon, cause I didn't know that I should have captured him in that time (I don't know why it didn't came to mind). Heard I could see a legendary again, including him, after beating the Elite 4. Is that true?

2) Where are the Elite 4 and what are they exactly? Are they the League trainers?

3) Can I capture a Mewtwo in Omega Ruby / Alpha Saphire?

4) Should I capture legendaries before or after Poke League?

Thanks! =)
I believe some of these may sound silly questions, but this is the 1st time playing pokemon in years (the last time was Pokemon Crystal in GBC times).

1) Yes it's true.

2) They're four trainers you have to fight in a row before fighting the champion at the Pokemon league.

3) Nope.

4) Yeah. Since you're already there you might as well finish up the story and focus on them during the post game.

Kssio_Aug

1) Yes it's true.

2) They're four trainers you have to fight in a row before fighting the champion at the Pokemon league.

3) Nope.

4) Yeah. Since you're already there you might as well finish up the story and focus on them during the post game.

Thanks!!

There's a place called Ever Grande City east of Sootopolis City. Go there, enter the cave, and use the move Waterfall by the waterfall. Victory Road will take you to the Elite 4. Good luck!

I was just there! I didn't realize the Elite Four were the League trainers! XD

Mr-Joker

Banned
As long as S&M support is there at launch. I suspect/hope it will be, but they could always intentionally withhold it for a bit to "keep things fresh" or whatever.

Ah yeah I forgot that they would need to release a patch to allow compatibly with Sun And Moon.

Ah well I can always use a random fire derp to act in Charmander place.

I don't want another Eevee type yet. Then I'll have to throw all my Eevee shirts in the trash because it's missing one.

Honestly speaking I don't think that we will be getting any cross gen evolution as Game Freak killed that with Mega nor do I think that we will be getting new mega as I suspect that the gen 7 Pokémon will be the bigger focus this time.

What I am wondering if Sun and Moon going to have a "third version" or not as I don't like the idea of them ending a gen and region with a dud.

I saw this comment on youtube regarding Moon's legendary:

"Wow, I didn't know that Olympia was a pokemon!"

ROFL

Who the heck is Olympia?

Pfft like anything was going to come out of that whole Serena fancy Ash angle that they were pushing in the Kalos Animé, she will be gone by the end.

God was the Kalo animé shit.

Also is it just me but the new female character looks a lot like May from the Hoenn remake?

Kssio_Aug

Another thing. I was searching about it, and Steven was suppose to give me the Mega Stone for my starter pokemon (in my case, Mudkip), at the same moment he gives me the Devon Scope.

I have the Devon Scope, but I can't Mega Evolve my Swampert. What am I missing?

Kinsei

Banned
Another thing. I was searching about it, and Steven was suppose to give me the Mega Stone for my starter pokemon (in my case, Mudkip), at the same moment he gives me the Devon Scope.

I have the Devon Scope, but I can't Mega Evolve my Swampert. What am I missing?

Did you give the mega stone to your starter? They have to be holding it to mega evolve.

Top Bottom