• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
God was the Kalo animé shit.

8QrSiFN.jpg

Kssio_Aug

It's a balancing thing. Mega Pokemon would be way too OP if you could have them holding other items.

I still have to learn a lot! All the way through it, I didn't realize I could equip certain items in Pokemon other than the Mega Stones (which I thought was an automatic thing by the way).

Nice to know!! =)

After beating the Pokemon League I believe I get to the credits. Is there more to do other than capturing new pokemons, stones and playing online? Like a new and harder NPC league or something like it?

Kinsei

Banned
I still have to learn a lot! All the way through it, I didn't realize I could equip certain items in Pokemon other than the Mega Stones (which I thought was an automatic thing by the way).

Nice to know!! =)

After beating the Pokemon League I believe I get to the credits. Is there more to do other than capturing new pokemons, stones and playing online? Like a new and harder NPC league or something like it?

They added a new story to the remakes that unlocks after beating the game. At the end of it you have the ability to catch a special Pokemon.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Anistar City gym leader.

320px-XY_Olympia.png

Kalos psychic gym leader.

Oh her, just goes to show how memorable she was since I don't normally forget a gym leader.

I really hope that the gen 7 gym leader don't suffer the same fate and for the love of god give dark type a gym.

I will also be really pissed if the gen 7 champion is somehow worse than Diantha.

I stand by statement and no Pangoro can scare me.

That's pretty damn awesome, had no idea! Okay! I will not search about it to not spoil anything!

Word of advice you will be capturing two Pokémon the first one is forced and thus has a high catch rate so do not use your master ball on it, the second one is high level is better suited for the Master ball.

Menitta

The XY anime is the best the show has been ever.

I'm so fucking tired of Advanced Generation. However, my problem is that I'm just about half way done. It's like eating half of a bad pizza, but the rest of the pizza is right there. I'm at the episode before Ash's gym battle with Norman, and when I say the people of Hoenn are as dumb as people from Invader Zim, I'M NOT EXAGGERATING!!! EVERYONE IN HOENN IS SO DUMB!!!

Are TPCi likely to listen to fan backlash/a fan campaign? Is there anything that the Pokemon Community could possibly try and do to try and get the European release date moved up in line with the rest of the world? Maybe a hashtag or a petition or something?

Boss Doggie

Are TPCi likely to listen to fan backlash/a fan campaign? Is there anything that the Pokemon Community could possibly try and do to try and get the European release date moved up in line with the rest of the world? Maybe a hashtag or a petition or something?

I always thought it was due to the XY leak?

harmonize

if they don't give ash awful friends, the SM anime will be better than both XY and BW by default. actually i'll lower that bar and just ask that the SM girl isn't bad, since hoping they'll stop the trend of ignoring the male companion for most of the saga due to the show not being able to focus on more than two characters at once seems like a waste of time at this point.

Menitta

Here's the problem with BW: Every. Single. Character. Sucks. EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! The problem with Hoenn is that there are so many utterly pointless episodes that aren't enjoyable in the slightest.

XY has likable characters and the fights are really fun to watch. They're not just speedlines behind a Pokemon with a glowing fist.

The main structure of the show is fine. It turned to shit when Team Rocket was in every single fucking episode and got less funny as each episode went on. At least with XY, there's some variety with their encounters.

After watching part of BW and most of Hoenn, I'm appreciating XY much more.

Mr-Joker

Banned

They might if we can get a big campaign going but the problem is that I don't see many people complaining about as the news got downed out by the new Pokémon info and the fact that 5 day isn't really that bad as what it used it be.

I assume it is, but still, it seems incredibly unfair to punish an entire continent because of a few shops in a few certain countries selling the game early.

Agreed, this is a new generation so it's only fair that we get a worldwide release.

that can't be factual in a world where Best Wishes anime exist

It isn't because it's opinion not factual.

And beside while best wish wasn't that great I still enjoyed the gym battle and Ash's reserve.

But with Kalos I just get bored watching it as Ash's team doesn't interest me, Mega Greninja doesn't interest me, Serena crushing on Ash doesn't interest me nor will it go anywhere, Zygarde arc doesn't interest me as it means nothing nor will it have a baring on Sun and Moon.

At least the Kalos Animé will soon be ending and I can wait for the Sun and Moon animé and just hope that it will be better.

Menitta

That's fair. Can't argue that.

I really like it because when I watch it, I'm having more overall fun watching it as a (sorta) adult than I did watching DP as a kid. The animation is the best it's ever been (as it should be) and it's just fun to watch.

You should at least watch the gym battles because they're the hypest battles the show has ever seen.

Boss Doggie

Can't say anything positive on BW for me.

It gave me the dreaded Elesa fight. I don't think I can recover from that.

Menitta

Can't say anything positive on BW for me.

It gave me the dreaded Elesa fight. I don't think I can recover from that.

I remember that shit. To be fair though, Ash did think like someone actually playing the games would. X Pokemon will carry the team.

Here's this though:

5cuu3SH.gif

Inukage

Question, I'll be in Japan early November and will most likely leave a week before Sun and Moon release, does anyone know if they'll have new Mon merchandise available at the Pokemon Centers or do they usual hold off till release based on past trends?

Mr-Joker

Banned
You should at least watch the gym battles because they're the hypest battles the show has ever seen.

I have already watched them all barring, the last one and I stopped watching Korrina the moment her Lucario went mega, and they all just bored me as I wasn't invested in Ash's team so I found it difficult to enjoy it.

Plus they pale in comparison of Ash's Sinnoh battle when he had his Pokémon pulling off counter moves, something that I remember fondly against his battle against Fantina.

I remember that shit. To be fair though, Ash did think like someone actually playing the games would. X Pokemon will carry the team.

Here's this though:

5cuu3SH.gif

I actually didn't mind the Elesa battle as the writer made her Tynamo pretty strong which later appealed to me when I used a Tynamo on my White 2 team and he was doing the same.

Plus slamming her Pokémon against the wall was fun to watch as well.

Boss Doggie

Wow, you missed out the hypest fights in XY.

Like XY starts out slow but goes into high gear after Korrina's arc is done.

Menitta

As it goes on, I'm hating Advanced Generation more and more...

I'm at that Wiscash episode, so whoever said this one was good, I'm doin it for you!

Edit: HOLY SHIT ASH ALMOST DEAD

Edit 2: Alright, that episode was solid. Poor guy and his Master Ball though...

Illucio

Banned
EZxz28L.jpg

150px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Blaine.png
638px-XY_Olympia.png

7th Generation and both are the 7th gym leaders of their region.

Blaine shares Sungalio's Mustache, colors, and potential fire type relations. (Sun = Fire)
Olympia shares Lunala's colors, magical cape thingy (wings?), hair, and potential Psychic Typing.

I asked this in previous threads and hopefully I will get some thoughts on it here. Is there a possible relationship here, it can't be a coincidence it's way too on the nose. Does this tie in with the Ash Greninja synergy thing? Or is this alluding to something much more like reincarnation?

UV5pQPx.png

I'm not sure if there is actually is any connection between those two gym leaders and the SM mascots. I can't imagine how there would be, or why those two would be the ones brought back, but it would be an interesting story to uncover. There are definitely some pretty strong resemblances - especially between Olympia and the Moon Legend. It's an interesting theory to think about.

Illucio

Banned
UV5pQPx.png

I'm not sure if there is actually is any connection between those two gym leaders and the SM mascots. I can't imagine how there would be, or why those two would be the ones brought back, but it would be an interesting story to uncover. There are definitely some pretty strong resemblances - especially between Olympia and the Moon Legend. It's an interesting theory to think about.

Also Blaine has a strong connection to volcano and Cinnabar Island in Silver and Gold erupts destroying the island, which makes a huge connection with the Alola region because of it's many volcanos and also being a island/resort town.

And what's interesting about Olympia is that she's located in Anistar City home of the giant Mega Evolution Sundial not to mention Anistar City is located off the coast of water as well. Not to mention it featured a very lovely side quest in the town by giving a old man a weak lvl 5 Pokemon and he ultimately dies and gives back the Pokemon you left him alongside a letter thanking you for letting him spend time with a Pokemon that made him very happy.

There are some very interesting things that are connecting here, also judging by Volcanion being held back, and Gen 5 secret item is a Tiki Statue Gen 7 has been long planned out and thought about.

I'm so tired of the fucking "Pokemon designs are garbage" bullshit that is constantly spewed in the gaming side. Every gaming side Pokemon thread gets so full of and it's tiring.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm so tired of the fucking "Pokemon designs are garbage" bullshit that is constantly spewed in the gaming side. Every gaming side Pokemon thread gets so full of and it's tiring.
Everyone's gotta throw their 1 cent in. Being a popular franchise is suffering.

Kssio_Aug

I just beat Omega Ruby. I'd like to get into trading now, but I have many questions. Here goes some of them:

1) Is it easy to trade non-breeded Pokemons? I am interested on completing the Pokedex, but I don't care too much with online battles.

2) Is it too hard to get the 3 starters from each gen?

3) Is there any way to know if I'm getting a legit Pokemon, instead of a hacked one?

4) If I get a hacked Pokemon in a trade, can something bad happen to my game / account?

5) Any basic / beginners tips?

Kinsei

Banned
I just beat Omega Ruby. I'd like to get into trading now, but I have many questions. Here goes some of them:

1) Is it easy to trade non-breeded Pokemons? I am interested on completing the Pokedex, but I don't care too much with online battles.

2) Is it too hard to get the 3 starters from each gen?

3) Is there any way to know if I'm getting a legit Pokemon, instead of a hacked one?

4) If I get a hacked Pokemon in a trade, can something bad happen to my game / account?

5) Any basic / beginners tips?

1) Yeah.

2) Nope. For gen 2, , 4, and 5, you can get one starter every time you beat the E4 which you can then trade for the others.

3) Nope.

4) Nope.

5) Ask people here on GAF for help. A lot of us have completed or nearly completed the Pokedex and we'd be willing to give you Pokemon you need.

Kssio_Aug

1) Yeah.

2) Nope. For gen 2, , 4, and 5, you can get one starter every time you beat the E4 which you can then trade for the others.

3) Nope.

4) Nope.

5) Ask people here on GAF for help. A lot of us have completed or nearly completed the Pokedex and we'd be willing to give you Pokemon you need.

Thanks a lot! Perfect! :)

GoldStarz

IMO, Gen V has the best overall designs of any gen for me. Although so far every Poke we've seen for Gen VII (starters, legends, and bird) look awesome. I'm even considering not dropping Pokemon Sun in favor of Moon even though I said I would in case of Sun Lion because it actually looks pretty awesome
i prob still will tho tbh

Boss Doggie

He still looks like Shota's older cousin though, especially the side shot

it's the green hair and sideburns

Seil

He still looks like Shota's older cousin though, especially the side shot

it's the green hair and sideburns

Honestly, his hair registers more black than green to me. It's pretty common to have variants of black hair that lean toward blue or green. x.x

GoldStarz

Has Shota been given a hometown location yet? Given how they clearly knew what they were planning to do for Gen VII in Gen VI because of the Souvenir, maybe Shota hails from Alola or has family there.

Top Bottom