• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Articalys

But you will watch the continuing adventures of Ash losing every league?
What we need is a collection of edited versions of this image, with the city name and Gary replaced with wherever the league championship was held that anime season, and the name of the character who beat Ash.
BLzEU7x.jpg

How did I not notice this NPC before?

Have you heard a rumor about the running prince with green hair?
They say he appears on the beach around here early in the morning or late at night and runs around the beach many times holding a lot of Pokémon Eggs.
According to the rumor, he's a thin, cute, and good-looking man!
Wally why the fuck aren't you using a bike

Magni

Hi everyone! Posting for the same reason as in February... I've moved to Japan and as such can't go to GameStop so easily. To add insult to injury, I live within walking distance of GF's offices, but that's not enough to get my hands on Darkrai.

Could a kind soul grab an extra code for me? Many thanks in advance!

WPS

corocoro manga also revealed something about Magearna

...she is MEGAMAN

Wait, what?

Anyway, did Corocoro not have any game news outside of what just got revealed on tuesday or did it not have any news at all? I could have sworn it said last time it would definitely have news this time, but it seems to be news about future news again.

Seil

Wait, what?

Anyway, did Corocoro not have any game news outside of what just got revealed on tuesday or did it not have any news at all? I could have sworn it said last time it would definitely have news this time, but it seems to be news about future news again.

Last time it said there would definitely be news this month. It didn't say IT would have said news. We got that news in the form of the trailers.

It's claiming it'll have the scoop next month, though.

Also Magearna has a mega buster.

WPS

Last time it said there would definitely be news this month. It didn't say IT would have said news. We got that news in the form of the trailers.

It's claiming it'll have the scoop next month, though.

Also Magearna has a mega buster.

We're going to have 5 months or so of CoroCoro being a literal genie aren't we. :[ It's definitely using the japanese word for news scoop and not ice cream scoop, right?

And awesome. I'll have to try and find a picture of it then.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, what?

movie manga that teases some scenes in the film

Magearna wants to protect the pokemon and Volcanion so it had a mega buster on her arm

also something lewd like the villain pulling something from Magearna's chest to deactivate her

JoeM86

We're going to have 5 months or so of CoroCoro being a literal genie aren't we. :[ It's definitely using the japanese word for news scoop and not ice cream scoop, right?

And awesome. I'll have to try and find a picture of it then.

CoroCoro always delivers exactly what they promised.

It's not their fault that the fandom completely goes bonkers, overhypes everything, ignores what was said. Now they get trashed for "not delivering" when they delivered exactly what they said.

Kyzer

Banned
CoroCoro always delivers exactly what they promised.

It's not their fault that the fandom completely goes bonkers, overhypes everything, ignores what was said. Now they get trashed for "not delivering" when they delivered exactly what they said.

Come on...When they say they will have a feature on Sun and Moon you can't expect people to be lawyers and know that technically they never said new info. We're starting to get the hang of it now but at the time it was kind of reasonable to think we might get new info

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It was a tight fight too. And Ash lost because he wasn't paying attention and the sync was getting into him.

And yay Shota will stick for a while, and holy shit Wulfric is badass.

I thought most people would've realized that the point of this month's early reveal was to beat the CoroCoro leaks. The official site would always update before CoroCoro's official release, but it always beaten by the leaks. It seemed like they were finally learning, but CoroCoro is now claiming to be the main source.

Busaiku

When was the last time Tierno showed up?
I guess Sawyer is the main rival, but honestly, none of Ash's rivals (I guess just those 2) feel like a big deal at this point.

Seil

When was the last time Tierno showed up?
I guess Sawyer is the main rival, but honestly, none of Ash's rivals (I guess just those 2) feel like a big deal at this point.

Technically, he was seen during the final Tripokalon(or whatever they call it in the dub) watching with Trevor.

As far as his last serious appearance, that was like 30 episodes ago.

Kssio_Aug

I think you should be fine to just go back up to catch it. I believe you will just need to battle Zinnia again besides that there isn't any penalty.

As for using a master ball, there are worse mons to use it on. Personally, I only use my master ball if there is a wandering legend (which I don't believe there is in ORAS).
Ok! I will probably keep the Master Ball for something harder.

Menitta

It just hit me. Ash didn't have a rival in Hoenn. He had that guy who was always screaming in the Hoenn league, but he wasn't a rival per say.

What's GameFreak's history at E3?

Would they release another trailer or screens or info or whatever at E3?
Game Freak have never gone to E3 alone. Only with Nintendo who have stated that they are only showing one playable game, Zelda, and have not announced any Presentation, Nintendo Direct or Digital Event meaning that the chance SM will turn up at E3 this year is quite low.

What's GameFreak's history at E3?

Would they release another trailer or screens or info or whatever at E3?

Pokémon RPGs have made any sort of meaningful appearance at E3 twice- in 2013, with a trailer for X and Y at the Direct coupled with a developer roundtable, and with the first ORAS trailer at the 2014 Digital Event. A Pokémon RPG has never been playable for the public at E3, with the exception of the localised version of Emerald being there like half a year after the Japanese launch.

Don't get your hopes up, essentially, particularly given that Nintendo's going to have such a minimal presence generally. Coro Coro will have more details out the week before E3, and we'll get another trailer showcasing them, so I'd save your excitement for that.

Well, in 2013 and 2014, there was a trailer for XY and ORAS respectively during Nintendo's digital event.

I'm not expecting anything, but we should be getting Corocoro news around that time.

Game Freak have never gone to E3 alone. Only with Nintendo who have stated that they are only showing one playable game, Zelda, and have not announced any Presentation, Nintendo Direct or Digital Event meaning that the chance SM will turn up at E3 this year is quite low.

Pokémon RPGs have made any sort of meaningful appearance at E3 twice- in 2013, with a trailer for X and Y at the Direct coupled with a developer roundtable, and with the first ORAS trailer at the 2014 Digital Event. A Pokémon RPG has never been playable for the public at E3, with the exception of the localised version of Emerald being there like half a year after the Japanese launch.

Don't get your hopes up, essentially, particularly given that Nintendo's going to have such a minimal presence generally. Coro Coro will have more details out the week before E3, and we'll get another trailer showcasing them, so I'd save your excitement for that.

First, thanks for the replies! It's nice knowing I'm not invisible.

I was mainly curious. If we got any info from E3 itself or in this case CoroCoro that would be perfect. I'll be excited for another trailer.

With the hype calming down after the most recent Sun and Moon trailer reveal I just wanted to know when I can realistically expect the next round of info or trailer.

Menitta

When did the anime go HD? It was by Galactic Battles, right?

Edit:...so Ash jumpimg off Prism Tower doesn't seem as impressive anymore...

First, thanks for the replies! It's nice knowing I'm not invisible.

I was mainly curious. If we got any info from E3 itself or in this case CoroCoro that would be perfect. I'll be excited for another trailer.

With the hype calming down after the most recent Sun and Moon trailer reveal I just wanted to know when I can realistically expect the next round of info or trailer.

You can reliably expect new information around the middle of every month between now and launch, honestly. They look like they're going to be following the same format as X and Y- reveals in Coro Coro, with a Youtube video for the West showing the new information off.

You can reliably expect new information around the middle of every month between now and launch, honestly. They look like they're going to be following the same format as X and Y- reveals in Coro Coro, with a Youtube video for the West showing the new information off.
Which is an approach I like - while there's fun in freaking out at 2AM EST over someone posting a grainy photo of a silhouette on 2ch, having the info presented in a clean video with no nonsense (with maybe a little bit of official art) makes my life easier, and if anything gets the hype train started with properly translated info.

Top Bottom