• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Doesn't Bank prevent the transfer of items? They could just make a universal mega stone that works for all to prevent bloat, but then that would cause issues with Pokemon with two megas.
They could condense them into two items, Meganite X and Meganite Y or something (both act the same on single mega Pokemon but will activate the X/Y mega on those that have them). This would solve the Mewtwo/Charizard issue and also still allow the odd two mega teams on Battle Spot without breaking item clause.

Menitta

I totally forgot Buneary had a thing for Pikachu!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!

tumblr_mkaj4rZrRR1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_o4lo6blXL41voj896o1_500.gif

Man, Croagunk is weird...

Articalys

I don't know if this comes off as cynical to say, but is Rowlet one of the most merchandisable designs in the series history, or am I just caught up in the internet hype for it?

It's like that girl in the Lumiose Poke Ball shop says; round things are the ultimate perfection.

Kssio_Aug

Guys, I read in a thread in Gamefaqs that a hacked pokemon could corrupt your data. I do not own a powersave and neither intend to, however, I was wondering if there's any chance (even slightly) that a pokemon received from GTS or Wonder Trade, in case it was hacked, could corrupt your data. Is it possible to happen? Or every pokemon in GTS / WT is safe from this kind of issues?

I ask this because I have been using GTS and WT a lot. And I would like to continue using without worries! =o

Azuran

Banned
Guys, I read in a thread in Gamefaqs that a hacked pokemon could corrupt your data. I do not own a powersave and neither intend to, however, I was wondering if there's any chance (even slightly) that a pokemon received from GTS or Wonder Trade, in case it was hacked, could corrupt your data. Is it possible to happen? Or every pokemon in GTS / WT is safe from this kind of issues?

I ask this because I have been using GTS and WT a lot. And I would like to continue using without worries! =o

No you're safe. Save corruption only happens if you're the one hacking and altering data.

Kssio_Aug

No you're safe. Save corruption only happens if you're the one hacking and altering data.

Ok, perfect then! =)

Do you people recommend to pay Pokebank?
I'm thinking about it, but I fear to forget paying it next year and losing all the data. lol

Seil

Ok, perfect then! =)

I'm thinking about it, but I fear to forget paying it next year and losing all the data. lol

I love bank, but I also have a Living Dex and a collection of Pokemon in various Pokeballs etc. Makes it easy to transfer between games and gives me storage space for all of that. Not to mention it'll no doubt be necessary for transferring stuff to S&M.

StoneFox

Ok, perfect then! =)

They are very lenient on how long you wait to resubscribe. I was weeks late on mine and all my pokemon were still there.

Everytime you open it it tells you how many days you have left, so if you use it often you should not forget the general timeframe of when it's up.

Kinsei

Banned
Ok, perfect then! =)

I recommend that you subscribe to it when Sun and Moon come out so you can easily transfer all of your Pokemon from Omega Ruby to either Sun or Moon (whichever you get). It is great since you won't need to start your Pokedex over again from scratch.

Kssio_Aug

I love bank, but I also have a Living Dex and a collection of Pokemon in various Pokeballs etc. Makes it easy to transfer between games and gives me storage space for all of that. Not to mention it'll no doubt be necessary for transferring stuff to S&M.
Good point. I will need it when SM arrives anyway.

They are very lenient on how long you wait to resubscribe. I was weeks late on mine and all my pokemon were still there.

Everytime you open it it tells you how many days you have left, so if you use it often you should not forget the general timeframe of when it's up.
Good to hear that! I was fearing they would delete it almost immediately!

I recommend that you subscribe to it when Sun and Moon come out so you can easily transfer all of your Pokemon from Omega Ruby to either Sun or Moon (whichever you get). It is great since you won't need to start your Pokedex over again from scratch.
Yup! I guess I'll sign! =)

Kssio_Aug

A question about IVs and the judge from Battle Resort. I got a Kangaskhan (apparently a pretty good one) from GTS, and checked it with the guy, and then he tells me:

"Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its HP stat."
"But its Attack stat is good, too."
"Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though."
"And, well, its Speed stat is good, too."

He ends up saying: "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

Is it a Perfect IV pokemon?

He doesn't say anything about Defense and Sp. Atk. though! What does that mean? That it has decent but not perfect Defense and Sp. Atk. IVs?

A question about IVs and the judge from Battle Resort. I got a Kangaskhan (apparently a pretty good one) from GTS, and checked it with the guy, and then he tells me:

He ends up saying: "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

He doesn't say anything about Defense and Sp. Atk. though! What does that mean? That it has decent but not perfect Defense and Sp. Atk. IVs?

It has four 31 IV stats in the ones he said, the other two could be anything except 0 or 31.

Seil

That means it's 31/31/X/X/31/31.

The way the judge works is it tells you the highest stat you have. If said stat is 31, it says it can't be beat. If there are multiple, then it lists them all like just now.

If there's a 0 stat in there, they'll also say something bad about it, like how terrible its Attack stat is. And again, if there are multiple it'll list them all.

Anything that's not mentioned is thus 1-30, in the event you have a "can't be beat" in there.

If the highest stat is anything else, it'll have a different message which is determined by the general range of the value.

Kssio_Aug

It has four 31 IV stats in the ones he said, the other two could be anything except 0 or 31.

That means it's 31/31/X/X/31/31.

The way the judge works is it tells you the highest stat you have. If said stat is 31, it says it can't be beat. If there are multiple, then it lists them all like just now.

If there's a 0 stat in there, they'll also say something bad about it, like how terrible its Attack stat is. And again, if there are multiple it'll list them all.

Anything that's not mentioned is thus 1-30, in the event you have a "can't be beat" in there.

If the highest stat is anything else, it'll have a different message which is determined by the general range of the value.

Ok, thanks! =)
A EV calculator can show the exactly IVs? I ask this, cause I used this one and it only seems to show a range (ie: 21~31), but I'm not sure if I'm looking at it right.

Seil

Ok, thanks! =)
A EV calculator can show the exactly IVs? I ask this, cause I used this one and it only seems to show a range (ie: 21~31), but I'm not sure if I'm looking at it right.

IV calculators will provide a range if it could be any of those values based on the information it's been fed. At lower levels especially, a single stat value could correlate with a large range of IVs.

IV calculators often have a feature to add more sets of data at different levels to get more precise values.

You can use things like the Battle Institute which automatically make all Pokemon level 50 during battle which can help with that.

You can also use rare candies(you don't have to keep up with EVs gained from fighting for EXP that way), and reset after you get the numbers to get your candies back.

Kssio_Aug

IV calculators will provide a range if it could be any of those values based on the information it's been fed. At lower levels especially, a single stat value could correlate with a large range of IVs.

IV calculators often have a feature to add more sets of data at different levels to get more precise values.

You can use things like the Battle Institute which automatically make all Pokemon level 50 during battle which can help with that.

You can also use rare candies(you don't have to keep up with EVs gained from fighting for EXP that way), and reset after you get the numbers to get your candies back.

I'll try with the Rare Candy, I got one yesterday!
Thanks!

Seil

Will the show save Popplio like it did Oshawott.

I hated Oshawott in the anime, annoying as hell x.x it had some good moments, but nowhere near enough to counteract how annoying it was.

For a while in XY I felt Chespin was keeping that tradition alive but they've toned that down thankfully.

Menitta

Great. I forgot to check the Pichu I just caught's moves before trading and now it knows no attack moves.

What an amazing Pokemon.

Great. I forgot to check the Pichu I just caught's moves before trading and now it knows no attack moves.

What an amazing Pokemon.

people can shit all over the fact we might not get cross gen evos ever again but at least we dont have to deal with more baby pokemon

Menitta

people can shit all over the fact we might not get cross gen evos ever again but at least we dont have to deal with more baby pokemon

Pichu is one of my favourite Pokemon, but yeah. No more babby Pokemon that require friendship to evolve. I hate that. It's basically levelling, but with more steps and less detail.

Seil

There's not really anything stopping them from adding more babies, though.

One of the reasons behind the no more cross-gen evolutions theory is the eviolite, because of the metagame effects and the fact it causes a conflict due to Pokemon suddenly not being considered fully evolved.

No such thing with babies. They'd need to add a new held item at most to give old Pokemon the ability to have baby evolutions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anyone have wartortle in their friend safari and want to become friends with me? I need it for a silly project my friend is doing.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Why would you want such an unoffensive feature to be removed. You get a lot of crap through Wonder Trade but I've also got several starters with hidden abilities and good IVs so I can't complain. Also got a hacked shiny Magikarp.

I have a box where I keep all the Scatterbug I get too. Vivillion patterns will be mine!

Yep, I got a Protean Froakie off of Wondertrade and I breed it so I could hatch one to use on my new file on Pokémon Y as the one that you get as a starter just flat out sucks.

Plus it's funny trading Tauros with the nickname "Wrong Milk"

I totally forgot Buneary had a thing for Pikachu!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!
tumblr_mkaj4rZrRR1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

At the time of the show airing I had a cousin who was between 3-4 and she did exactly what Buneary did with her dress, though in her case it was a game of peekaboo.

yeah but why use zygarde

is he now just an usher

It's his new forme Zygarde usher where he ask the player the most important question..."Are you family of the Bride or the Groom?"

#TeamBride #Zygardeusherformehype

Will the show save Popplio like it did Oshawott.

Yep along with his evolution.

Honestly picking a starter is better when you actually know what they will evolve into, as in gen 5 everyone loved Tepig but got turned off when they found out he would evolve into a fire/fighting.

I dunno I like baby Pokémon like Elekid, Munchlax, Budew and Wynaut, which by the way pushed Wobbuffet into uber as he could learn Encore.

Plus Pokémon like Tyrogue can connect a family together that previously used to be separate.

One of the reasons behind the no more cross-gen evolutions theory is the eviolite, because of the metagame effects and the fact it causes a conflict due to Pokemon suddenly not being considered fully evolved.

I don't buy that excuse at all as Game Freak could easily remove the item or nuff it that instead of 50% boost it's 10 or 20%.

There was no reason why cross gen evolution had to go something that I will forever be pissed off about and very unlikely to look forward playing future even numbered generation.

Cindro

Heya, I was on our bro Joe's site earlier and saw this:

redgreen.jpg

Anybody have this theme? Is it as awesome as it looks? I couldn't find a video of it online, but I'm in need of some new, good Pokemon home screen decor.

Mr-Joker

Banned

redgreen.jpg

Anybody have this theme? Is it as awesome as it looks? I couldn't find a video of it online, but I'm in need of some new, good Pokemon home screen decor.

Pretty good, it plays the Champion battle theme from gen 1 and the best part that after closing the 3DS lid and opening it plays the Pokémon healing noise.

I currently have it on rotation with Rosalina, Frozen and Stitch theme but I am kinda tempted to just switch to the Red/Blue theme permanently.

Menitta

Why is it that Paul seems like less of an asshole than Trip? I think it's because Trip is actually nice to some people and rude towards Ash while Paul is just an all-around asshole. Paul's kindness is a 0/10 and Trip's is like a 5/10. I'd rather it be 0.

I am so sick of seeing wild Pokemon in the DP anime that can't be caught in DP!

Cindro

Pretty good, it plays the Champion battle theme from gen 1 and the best part that after closing the 3DS lid and opening it plays the Pokémon healing noise.

I currently have it on rotation with Rosalina, Frozen and Stitch theme but I am kinda tempted to just switch to the Red/Blue theme permanently.

Sold! Thanks guys :D

Now, to go back through and read what the people in THIS thread have had to say about the new starters. Hope you all are as team #HopOnPopp as I am.

Sandfox

Why is it that Paul seems like less of an asshole than Trip? I think it's because Trip is actually nice to some people and rude towards Ash while Paul is just an all-around asshole. Paul's kindness is a 0/10 and Trip's is like a 5/10. I'd rather it be 0.

I am so sick of seeing wild Pokemon in the DP anime that can't be caught in DP!
Almost every Pokemon was available in DP alone.

Zalman

redgreen.jpg

That Red & Green art is so freakin' cool.

Cindro

That Red & Green art is so freakin' cool.
Yep! Just bought the theme, which then sent me down a, uh, deep dark hole in the badge arcade where I spent FIVE BUCKS >_>

But between all of that and my Charizard n3DS faceplate, my system is suitably decked out and ready for Sun and Moon.

I should probably get back to finishing Blue version in the meantime!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Almost every Pokemon was available in DP alone.

The only non-Starter, non-Legendary Pokemon you couldn't get in Diamond and Pearl were Tropius and Tangela, oddly enough.

But there were various Pokemon who would only appear if you had a GBA game in the DS' slot, so technically they can't be gotten through DP alone...

Top Bottom