• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

adoe8zn_700bc0u79.jpg

Kssio_Aug

Is there any hint to catch a good Ditto in Pokemon ORAS?
I finally got access to its Mirage Island, but I can't find any with more than 1 perfect IV.

Menitta

I wouldn't say that they are dead, just been moved to youtube and called "Pokémon theory but really click bait bullshitting."

A lot of Pokemon rumors that most people believe are dumb to begin with. I think that whole "Gengar is Clefairy's shadow" thing is a stretch to say the least.

Menitta

I'm finally at the Buizel episode. I think this is one of the best Pokemon-catching episodes ever. There's this super awesome Buizel that fights everyone, and they all take turns trying to catch it. That motherfucker.

And it knows the best move!!

tumblr_o5wguailLW1qj5jqso1_540.gif

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just popped in to say that amidst my hardcore evening gaming (Dark Souls 3 and SFV), I recently picked up where I left of in ORAS during lunchbreaks and am finding it a relaxing change of pace to say the least!

Quite excited by the Sun and Moon reveal, so hopefully will finish up before that comes out (just got to the Safari).

Mr-Joker

Banned
Is there any hint to catch a good Ditto in Pokemon ORAS?
I finally got access to its Mirage Island, but I can't find any with more than 1 perfect IV.

Catch one and then use the dexnav to make it appear until you find one with 3 stars.

A lot of Pokemon rumors that most people believe are dumb to begin with. I think that whole "Gengar is Clefairy's shadow" thing is a stretch to say the least.

Yeah, the most dumbest one that I heard was Jwittz and Chuggaaconroy's theory that Giovanni in gen 1 was actually a good guy and was trying to catch Mewtwo to protect Kanto.

I mean for that to actually work you would have to straight up ignore this line.

"Blast it all! You ruined our plans for Silph! But Team Rocket will never fall! <Player>, never forget that all Pokémon exist for Team Rocket! I must go, but I shall return!"

That doesn't sound like a speech a good man would say, plus his goons killed a Pokémon and he doesn't seem to be bothered.

Then again some people like to go with the whole "You killed Blue's Raticate" and ignoring the fact that he most likely boxed it since he was more interested in looking for strong and rare Pokémon something that Blue states many many times.

I'm finally at the Buizel episode. I think this is one of the best Pokemon-catching episodes ever. There's this super awesome Buizel that fights everyone, and they all take turns trying to catch it. That motherfucker.

And it knows the best move!!

tumblr_o5wguailLW1qj5jqso1_540.gif

I didn't mind the whole Buizel and Aipom trade but I am annoyed that Ambipom left to play ping pong when I wanted to see both Buizel and Aipom growing stronger with their new trainers.

In fact after Aipom evolved I was expecting Buizel to evolve sometime in the series but that never happened.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's the problem with fan speculation especially on early times. It's why you get shit like "Ditto is failed Mew clone!" Ingrained in (plebeian) minds and shit like Game Theory perpetuates the stupidity more.

Sorry to bother you all, just recently got myself back into the series after casually getting each month's distribution Pokemon and I realized I missed getting Jirachi last month. At first I wasn't all that upset because I assumed I had one sitting in my Bank but when I went to check after getting the Darkrai gift I realized I've never had a Jirachi and now I'm SOL.

Does anyone here have a spare they would be willing to trade or otherwise know of a legitimate way to get one from another game? I have a game from each gen as well as the coliseums for GC although I admit I'd rather not have to play through either of those just for one pokemon (did that for Mew in pokemon ranch and that was quite a chore).

Thanks everyone for being such a great community.

Sorry to bother you all, just recently got myself back into the series after casually getting each month's distribution Pokemon and I realized I missed getting Jirachi last month. At first I wasn't all that upset because I assumed I had one sitting in my Bank but when I went to check after getting the Darkrai gift I realized I've never had a Jirachi and now I'm SOL.

Does anyone here have a spare they would be willing to trade or otherwise know of a legitimate way to get one from another game? I have a game from each gen as well as the coliseums for GC although I admit I'd rather not have to play through either of those just for one pokemon (did that for Mew in pokemon ranch and that was quite a chore).

Thanks everyone for being such a great community.

I believe I have a spare Jirachi (since I have Y and Omega Ruby, and I could get one for each). I think I'll check things out for you right now.

EDIT: Yes, I do indeed have this year's Jirachi event on both games, as well as one extra from an unrelated event in my Y.

Menitta

That's the problem with fan speculation especially on early times. It's why you get shit like "Ditto is failed Mew clone!" Ingrained in (plebeian) minds and shit like Game Theory perpetuates the stupidity more.

I'll never embrace fan theories, unless they're proven to be true in the canon or specifically stated by the creator. The only Game Theories I like are the ones like finding the speed of a bullet bill, or Chrono Trigger's time travel. As an engineering major, I really appreciate them. Too bad they've become incredibly scarce.

I believe I have a spare Jirachi (since I have Y and Omega Ruby, and I could get one for each). I think I'll check things out for you right now.

EDIT: Yes, I do indeed have this year's Jirachi event on both games, as well as one extra from an unrelated event in my Y.

Wow, that's great. Is there any poke you need that I could return the favor with?

I won't be near my 3DS for another few hours but I can PM you when I'm able...

StoneFox

Ditto being a failed clone has some coinciding evidence, but most of the stuff from Gen 1 is kinda silly because it's implied to be Earth with the whole "South America" thing and that aspect was quickly thrown out the window by Gen 2 or 3. So outside of the main storyline, most of the "lore" of Gen 1 has been retconned.

GoldStarz

Ditto being a failed clone has some coinciding evidence, but most of the stuff from Gen 1 is kinda silly because it's implied to be Earth with the whole "South America" thing and that aspect was quickly thrown out the window by Gen 2 or 3. So outside of the main storyline, most of the "lore" of Gen 1 has been retconned.
It was Gen 2. In Gen 1, Kanto was literally just the Kanto region of Japan. In Gen 2, Johto took up the Kansai region.

Seil

Gen II had real world references still in the Pokedex, for example the Pacific Ocean deal with Poliwrath, which has continued to be used through Gen VI lol. And yes, this includes the Japanese Pokedex entries.

WPS

It was Gen 2. In Gen 1, Kanto was literally just the Kanto region of Japan. In Gen 2, Johto took up the Kansai region.

Now they're finally breaking free of the shackles of the grid, I'd like to see the Kanto region get a hefty redesign, since it was designed with the constraints of a 2 decade year old hand-held and it shows.

One of the things they could do while they're at it, is expand some of the free space with other equivalent real!Kanto landmarks or maybe fill in whatever C is, in the huge cove, on that really old concept map.

Kssio_Aug

Catch one and then use the dexnav to make it appear until you find one with 3 stars.

Thanks! =)

I'm trying to get a Destiny Knot, but god... that's tough. I battled Lois & Hal, than I re-matched them a little later. After it I went back to Pokemon Center to change some Pokemons for a more fast fight against them, since I imagined it would take some soft resets until I get it.

But I can't re-match them anymore! I went to that cave near route 106 to get Everstone, then I went to the Pokemon Contest and did a contest there, walked, walked, walked, walked, and still can't rematch Lois & Hal. Don't know what to do! T-T

Edit: Finally re-battling them! Now I just need them to gimme that thing! =o

Now they're finally breaking free of the shackles of the grid, I'd like to see the Kanto region get a hefty redesign, since it was designed with the constraints of a 2 decade year old hand-held and it shows.

One of the things they could do while they're at it, is expand some of the free space with other equivalent real!Kanto landmarks or maybe fill in whatever C is, in the huge cove, on that really old concept map.

I've always thought that C is just the SS Anne, for "cruise". It's even in the same place on one of the drawn Gen 1 maps of Kanto.

Would be nice to see an updated Kanto, though. Celadon could finally have its look from the concept art and Saffron could use the space behind Silph Co. instead of being mysteriously fenced off.

I was gonna ask for help with some events I missed due to work. Could I possibly have a Kanto Birds please? I know it's a big request so no worries if one isn't out there. I don't really know what I could trade but I'm willing to.

PM me and your reward will be a virtual hug :V

Just popped in to say that amidst my hardcore evening gaming (Dark Souls 3 and SFV), I recently picked up where I left of in ORAS during lunchbreaks and am finding it a relaxing change of pace to say the least!

Quite excited by the Sun and Moon reveal, so hopefully will finish up before that comes out (just got to the Safari).

Just re-started my ORAS game where I left it in 2014... in the first town, but am loving it. Just did the Delta-sode and am going around and getting the (like 9000) legendaries.

Hi PokeGAF! Got a few questions

A relative is going to Miami by the end of the month, any good places to buy TCG packs ? Or websites with shipping within the US where you can buy? They're much cheaper than here.

Now concerning VCG and stuff, If you modify the nature and IVs of a mon, how likely is to being disqualified ? I was soft reseting for a Mewtwo, but got distracted and saved with a neutral nature and 4 IVs -.-

tumblr_o70rhaBwRx1rl04amo1_500.png

I like the GameBoy sprite.

Ya know, Rowlet looks very Gen II, Litten looks very Gen IV and Popplio looks very Gen V, I wonder if that is totally coincidental.

Legendaries both look pretty Gen IV to me. Kinda disappointed in that regard, I really liked how the mascot legendaries in Gen V and VI went back to looking a lot more organic.

Kssio_Aug

Ya know, Rowlet looks very Gen II, Litten looks very Gen IV and Popplio looks very Gen V, I wonder if that is totally coincidental.

Legendaries both look pretty Gen IV to me. Kinda disappointed in that regard, I really liked how the mascot legendaries in Gen V and VI went back to looking a lot more organic.

That's my main issue with S/M legendaries as well. I like them anyway though... just expected something different.

Malrend

I like how Nightbat takes on the general shape of the Moon version logo during its special attack.

This alone makes Nightbat superior to Suncat.

Kssio_Aug

I know what you mean, but I can't help but think the moon legendary looks sick as hell.
I'm still divided between sun / moon. As I said, I expected something different, but I did like both. I think I have to wait for the other differences before deciding! =o

The SM legendaries aren't as weird as Dialga and Palkia at least. I think they're pretty neat.
Yeah, I prefer S/M legendaries as well compared to them.

Is there a good artwork of the legendaries?

Edit:

Found those:

Menitta

The SM legendaries aren't as weird as Dialga and Palkia at least. I think they're pretty neat.

It might be because Gen 4 was my first, but I think Dialga and Palkia are super cool. Time and Space are such good themes.

Done college! Time to get back into the game!

Bulbasaur

Banned
So the Shiny Xerneas distribution has started in Europe. I'm hoping it's the same as it was for the recent Zygarde one and also available in Australia.. I'm at work, can anyone confirm?

Hydrus

I'm still divided between sun / moon. As I said, I expected something different, but I did like both. I think I have to wait for the other differences before deciding! =o

Yeah, I prefer S/M legendaries as well compared to them.

Is there a good artwork of the legendaries?

Edit:

Found those:

Those fake starter evolution's look great. Looks like they could fit in perfect with Gen 1. I also love the sun legendary! Not so much the moon one...

Hegarol

So the Shiny Xerneas distribution has started in Europe. I'm hoping it's the same as it was for the recent Zygarde one and also available in Australia.. I'm at work, can anyone confirm?
Its by code and we are still waiting for the announcement in almost every country.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Coro Coro having different stuff for June ya reckon?

Those fake starter evolution's look great. Looks like they could fit in perfect with Gen 1. I also love the sun legendary! Not so much the moon one...

Gen 1 mons wish it has those details

It might be because Gen 4 was my first, but I think Dialga and Palkia are super cool. Time and Space are such good themes.

Done college! Time to get back into the game!

The themes are really cool, but design wise I don't like them. They are probably the only Pokemon (maybe along with regular Groudon and Zekrom - Primal Groudon is really cool) I don't like and find them "overdesigned" and "not looking like a Pokemon". Normally I don't feel that way towards any since I think Pokemon desing have no limits, but they look too blocky, or too edgy. Just me, maybe,

Top Bottom