• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

kyo2004

Man, I have no idea what's happening in that clip.

Corrupted Zygarde (probably Z2 affected with the TF machinary) heads towards Anistar City (home of the Sundial, probably something happens if that thing reach their objective)... and Squishy enters the fight as Perfect Zygarde (Pokémon goes full mecha)...

No joke, one of the things I'm probably looking forward to above all others this E3 is GameXplain's inevitable 15 hour analysis of the Sun and Moon.

These guys got more than an hour of video out of a 1:30 trailer last week.

No joke, one of the things I'm probably looking forward to above all others this E3 is GameXplain's inevitable 15 hour analysis of the Sun and Moon.

These guys got more than an hour of video out of a 1:30 trailer last week.
I'll always remember the time they did that video after the ORAS teaser - something like almost 20 minutes of talk from a 40 second teaser showing the names and the dates, and nothing else...

Nightbird

I'll always remember the time they did that video after the ORAS teaser - something like almost 20 minutes of talk from a 40 second teaser showing the names and the dates, and nothing else...

I love this them.

It's just insane how much stuff they are getting out of this.

My CR1616's have arrived but I accidentally ordered my Triwing from a shady seller in China.

...Oops.

I tried using my tiny-ass Flathead like some people say to but I think I'll just either wait or find my current Triwing. The problem is that I've looked all over for my Triwing around where it's supposed to be and it just won't show up.

Well I'll have to borrow someone's DS so I can fix the RTC anyways (Replacing the battery in Emerald isn't enough to make berries start growing again without restarting your game) so whatever. :X

Menitta

So, I'm watching the episode of Pokemon where Groudon and Kyogre show up and at the bottom of the screen, it says "Flood Warning until 4:30 PM."

Kyogre has real world advantage!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah Team Flare will definitely interrupt the finals

Corrupted Zygarde (probably Z2 affected with the TF machinary) heads towards Anistar City (home of the Sundial, probably something happens if that thing reach their objective)... and Squishy enters the fight as Perfect Zygarde (Pokémon goes full mecha)...

There's also an argument that that's not Z2 but instead an artificial Zygarde made by TF's gun that creates trees powered by either the megalith or the sundial

So is Mecha zygard gonna be important now?

In the anime yeah, and apparently in the movie too.

Articalys

Why are there mecha and itano circus in the Pokemon anime now

It's like they weren't even trying to gradually ramp things up, somebody just shoved the lever into MAXIMUM SHONEN mode further than it's ever gone before in the last six months or so.

Boss Doggie

Why are there mecha and itano circus in the Pokemon anime now

It's like they weren't even trying to gradually ramp things up, somebody just shoved the lever into MAXIMUM SHONEN mode further than it's ever gone before in the last six months or so.

what circus

Articalys

https://sakuga.yshi.org/wiki/show?title=itano_circus
The Itano Circus is the name for a widely used style of shot where an actor (usually a mecha or aircraft ) dodges and is pursued by a storm of swirling projectiles (usually missiles though sometimes beams or tentacles or other objects). [...] Named for the first animator to use the technique, the inventor, Ichiro Itano.
Referring to the gif from the anime OP with the arcing Zygarde lasers or roots or whatever those are.

Previous example:
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/8799/animated-beams-effects-itano_circus-masaaki_iwane-

Boss Doggie

Oh I always thought they were called Macross dodging. Yeah used in Olympia and Wulfric fights too. When you said circus the first thing that came to my mind was Popplio.

Vena

I haven't played pokemon in a while (and never finished XY) so I decided on a Nuzlocke run. Here are the rules I laid out (some newb friendly rules for myself since I hardly even remember what Fairy does right now) and cannot remember what type a lot of the Gen 6 pokemon were.

U41gNpk.png

I am after Gym 3 and have lost like 15 pokemon and have three left, haha. I am very, very type screwed from my RNG on wild battles.

GoldStarz

I haven't played pokemon in a while (and never finished XY) so I decided on a Nuzlocke run. Here are the rules I laid out (some newb friendly rules for myself since I hardly even remember what Fairy does right now) and cannot remember what type a lot of the Gen 6 pokemon were.

I am after Gym 3 and have lost like 15 pokemon and have three left, haha. I am very, very type screwed from my RNG on wild battles.

Well yeah, most people expect you to grind in a Nuzlocke, I don't know what you were expecting.

Vena

Either Serebii's IV calculator is fucking with me, or the free XY Lapras just came up perfect/close-to-perfect in every single IV. Wut?

wait there was more in coro coro?

it says that Solgaleo and Lunala have alternate forms known as Rising Phase and Full Moon Phase

it also says Magearna has the new Ability Soul Heart, which can repeatedly raise its Special Attack stat and It can learn the new move Fleur Cannon

edit: oh wait they just look like that when they do there attacks? i dont know

also the greninja giveaway will have the ability Protean and the moves Hydro Cannon, Gunk Shot, Mat Block & Happy Hour

doop_

Banned
I like that the Pokemon look more natural this generation. Anyway what do you think the starters and iwanko secret is ?

Macka

Stupid question time, but are the VGC National Championships only open to people who qualified in the regionals, or can anyone participate?

I missed regionals, but I'm heading back home to Australia next week and if possible would like to play in the Nationals with a friend. I know there used to be a Last Chance Qualifier at Worlds which they aren't doing this year, but I'm not sure how it works at Nationals, and am getting conflicting information online about it.

Macka

It's another nail in the "Ash-Greninja is anime-exclusive!" coffin, too.
...how? What does Zygarde have to do with synchro? I don't recall seeing anyone who believed Zygarde would be anime only. Pretty obvious the ultimate form will essentially be his Mega Evolution.

...how? What does Zygarde have to do with synchro? I don't recall seeing anyone who believed Zygarde would be anime only. Pretty obvious the ultimate form will essentially be his Mega Evolution.

People argued that Ash-Greninja wouldn't be in the games because "nothing that started in the anime was brought to the games later" or some bullshit like that

Macka

People argued that Ash-Greninja wouldn't be in the games because "nothing that started in the anime was brought to the games later" or some bullshit like that
Yeah that's ridiculous. I mean...Ho-Oh lol.

With the said, I'm not entirely convinced Synchro will be in the games. Based on how it works in the anime, it doesn't seem like it would translate very well at all.

Anyone see the new GameXplain video? It shows 10% Zygarde and Complete Zygarde fighting a Garchomp in game.

There's a second video of 10% Zygarde battling a Metagross.

WPS

"Core Punisher" vs "Core Enforcer", which sounds cooler?

As a verb, punisher is cooler, but if I imagine it yelled out loud (which is the only acceptable metric for suitability of signature attacks) Core Enforcer definitely flows better.

Top Bottom