• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Articalys

Whoa, what exactly happened with the leaks overnight? Was it a website security lapse with videos being uploaded too early on Nintendo's side or leaks of ESRB materials like with Smash?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know

I can see this dress in a show like Yu-Gi-Oh.

But not in fucking Pokemon.

Holy shi.

KNHA0JD.jpg

GoldStarz

Can't have a Pokemon thread in the gaming side without people saying GameFreak ran out of ideas!

Not as long as people who played one game like 20 years ago still think they have a legitimate say in the series direction despite not buying any of the multiple, much better games

Anyways, it's no shock that Game Freak has run out of ideas. This is the same group who can't even properly compose music.
And those incompetent fucks keep on sticking with the same base battle system game after game to pretty stable sales since Gen 3 instead of just changing to a radically different system for no real reason whatsoever. How dumb.

Guys I have already spoiled myself past where I wanted to with Sun and Moon.

I have no self-control here. =(

I'm hoping and praying that they have a substantial amount of new Pokemon, because that will make this prerelease deluge less impactful.

I need them to say how many there will be, because if it's XY levels, I'm gonna go ahead and go on a blackout. If there will be plenty, then I don't feel too bad seeing these before launch since I know I'll have more to discover.

But yeah I'm only keeping my eyes on official reveals (which I'm counting this leak as lol).

Vena

And those incompetent fucks keep on sticking with the same base battle system game after game to pretty stable sales since Gen 3 instead of just changing to a radically different system for no real reason whatsoever. How dumb.

Why doesn't pokemon use ATB!?

Why hasn't pokemon remade its battle system for no reason like SE does with every FF?

Why isn't pokemon a boyband game yet!?

Carl7

Wow that Sleep Talk Talonflame was an amazing idea.

Guys, I hope we get a "quick battle" option in Sun and Moon. The battle spot in gen 6 is ridiculously burocratic.

KingDirk

I'm hoping and praying that they have a substantial amount of new Pokemon, because that will make this prerelease deluge less impactful.

I need them to say how many there will be, because if it's XY levels, I'm gonna go ahead and go on a blackout. If there will be plenty, then I don't feel too bad seeing these before launch since I know I'll have more to discover.

But yeah I'm only keeping my eyes on official reveals (which I'm counting this leak as lol).

My brain just seeks out these threads like a missile. I spoiled myself on X&Y, always pored over all the gen exclusives prior...I would like to be surprised but I also just love seeing all the new creatures the "out-of-ideas" company puts out.

Tangentially, also happy there has been this emphasis of new mons instead of Megas but there are definitely critters for whom I will cheer if they get the upgrade (looking at you, Reuniclus)

Slowly working to getting a living Dex, only about 100 left! I reset my Y save but playing through should help me wrap it up, especially for those easy stone purchases. I missed the Hoopa distribution and I'd prefer to have all pentagon event legendaries, but I'll get them at some point, just in time for the new pentagon I'm sure.

Fuck item specific trade evolutions. It's the worst way to evolve Pokemon and it seems like it only exists to make sure you have multiple copies of the game and multiple 3DSes. I hope there's no more in Sun and Moon, the two in Kalos are bad enough. At least with like fucking Machamp you can just trade machokes with your friend.

Edit: Nevermind :(

Slowly working to getting a living Dex, only about 100 left! I reset my Y save but playing through should help me wrap it up, especially for those easy stone purchases. I missed the Hoopa distribution and I'd prefer to have all pentagon event legendaries, but I'll get them at some point, just in time for the new pentagon I'm sure.

Fuck item specific trade evolutions. It's the worst way to evolve Pokemon and it seems like it only exists to make sure you have multiple copies of the game and multiple 3DSes. I hope there's no more in Sun and Moon, the two in Kalos are bad enough. At least with like fucking Machamp you can just trade machokes with your friend.

Edit: Nevermind :(

Ayyyy good luck! Completing the living dex is really a task. But at the end I realized it was really fun even though I complained the whole time lol.

Ayyyy good luck! Completing the living dex is really a task. But at the end I realized it was really fun even though I complained the whole time lol.
Thanks!!! I get the feeling that once I'm done I'm just going to stare at that empty Hoopa square for months lol. It's making me appreciate past gens more though, particularly Gen V which I completed first. I think I've finally accepted Dialga and Palkia too about a decade later.

Unless I'm forgetting there's no nonsense trade evolutions in Gen V either lol

Mr-Joker

Banned
If I see one more Dunsparce -> Drampa theory on Twitter, GameFAQs, etc. I will go fucking insane.

Yeah I don't get why people seem to get the idea that Drampa is Dunsparce evoution when;

A; The video would straight up say that.
B; The two Pokémon look nothing alike in shape, theme or colour.

It's Alomomola and Bouffalant all over again.

Lol @ 50% Zygarde having to go full Super Sayain to take out my boy Dragonite.

I hope Alola is the region that shows Dunsparse love by making Drampa his/hers evolution.

Macka

I don't believe the Dunsparce --> Drampa theory if only because I have zero faith that GameFreak will ever make a non-Eeevee regular evolution for older Pokemon again. :(

Vena

Man, Nuzlocke can go from smooth sailing to complete disaster with one random ass trainer fight. I got walled by a damn Milotic from an Ace Trainer (level 36) and lost two pokemon (which I had trained for a while too) because of a crit and the fact that I was overly invested in Special sweepers. Had to sac a second pokemon to get a free switch-in for Electrode to kill Milotic.

Now I have only two high level pokemon (~40), and a level 20 Skarmory and Tentacool. X_X

Just finished Fortree with this left:
sylveon.gif
electrode.gif
skarmory.gif
tentacool.gif

And some random low-level stuff in my PC.

GoldStarz

I don't believe the Dunsparce --> Drampa theory if only because I have zero faith that GameFreak will ever make a non-Eeevee regular evolution for older Pokemon again. :(

The hypothesis behind that is totally farfetched. Maybe Pokemon with Megas might not get evos
maybe they will who knows if Pokemon will make the fully evolved thing stick considering it means Mega Pika isn't possible
, but there's not much evidence to support they'll never do evos again.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Yeah that also worries me, we still have no idea if Cross gen evolution is still a thing outside of Eevee as Mega and Synchro seemed to have culled them.

I still believe that there's room for both as Mega just don't scratch the same itch that cross gen evolution has plus Mega are far too broken for the main game and are better suited for the meta game.

Vena

Dunno. I expect them to tap some older favorites with regular evolutions at some point again. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some other "branch" paths show up on old pokemon that have Megas anyway.

We're about 280 or so (278?) from the 1000th Pokemon (Megas don't count, Joe). Will we get the 1000th Pokemon in Gen 8, 9 or 10?

I'm thinking Gen 10, but 1000th Pokemon will be like Victini where it's the first one on the dex.

I expect SM to have less than 100 new Pokemon.

Speaking of Drampa likely being a Dunsparce evo, can we all agree that Bruxish is a new evo for Clampearl? It is the color of Gorebyss, has goofy teeth like Huntail, has a pearl in its lure, and even is part water type. I don't know what else it could be.

Vena

I thought hidden abilities only appeared after you get DexNav up to level 25+ for a given pokemon? How did I just run into a Vulpix with Drought? (The first time I have ever even fought one in the game, I think.)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So yeah, guess who is Ash's 6th mon. It's
Goodra

It's in the episode summary, the cast list mentions
Kenzo
, the guy who
tends the swamp.

Vena

Oh never mind, some googling has led me to now believe that DexNav can get HA/Egg Moves/Perfect IVs at any random ass time its just very unlikely unless you get to higher break-points.

Edit: I think anyway, only way I can explain that vulpix anyway. /shrug

Tidalwave

Shoot me a message if you missed your chance to snag an NA Darkrai.

And if anyone happens to have an extra legitimate Manaphy I would really appreciate it because I happened to miss that one myself...

Articalys

I love how they randomly do stuff like get one Precure theme song singer and two Super Sentai theme song singers to record the theme song for an upcoming Pokemon arcade game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVf5nTtMGpI

Though to be fair, when you have a former member of JAM Project voicing the anime's main character and singing half the OP themes, you kind of set a standard.

Top Bottom