• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

I don't get why Pokémon youtube channel upload the same clip twice but add UK to one of them, it's so fucking dumb and pointless.
The UK clip has slightly different branding, and the UK boxart at the end :p

Looking through the channel, it applies to every vid where boxart of some game is shown, it seems.

Got to Xerneas, backed up save near a PC (backing up saves so I can catch legendaries whenever is the only thing I use it for these days really, used to also use it for cloning but ehhhhh i'm done with that shit), and am now trying for a half-decent Modest one before moving on.

This... isn't going very well. :X

Vena

I just lost my level 50 Electrode for my Nuzlocke of ORAS... fuck. Sylveon and Ninetales are my only trained Pokemon now. At Seafloor Cavern. ;_;

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I know someone who's gonna love this

CmQonbBUMAE78NP.jpg:large

Kyzer

Banned
Ok, as somewhat of a Pokenoob (only played through the story of Black & White back in the day that's it) i thought this might be the place to answer the occasional question, as i just started with HeartGold on DS for the first time since it's supposed to be pretty great and all...

To the point: The egg i got just hatched a Togepi! Is it any good? Apparently you need to baby it and care for it etc. to get it to evolve, if i am mainly interested in completing the story/beating the elite 4 is this something i should do or just focus on getting whatever other Pokemon i deem good in my party instead?

TLDR; will Togepi evolve into an amazing must have Pokemon later or not?

Togepi's 2nd evolution (Togetic) isn't really an "amazing must have" - it has some positive traits, but you won't feel any impact from it missing from your team. It can learn Fly though, which is nice. Togekiss (the 3rd evolution) would be the best to have on your team, since it is able to take big hits and also dish them out with high flinch potential. That being said, getting your Togetic to evolve to Togekiss requires a Shiny Stone, which requires a lot of hassle in HG/SS. If you already have a Pokemon that will be able to learn Fly, I wouldn't worry too much about Togepi for story progression. Personally, I didn't keep Togepi on my team until probably my fourth playthrough of the game.

What!

Togetic is one of the best Pokemon in HGSS hands down. Definitely an amazing must have. Strength wise too.

I'm going to Worlds ^_^

Congrats

PokéGaf

I have a bunch of Pichu's with Lightning Rod and egg moves

Egg moves are

Charm
Wish
Volt tackle
Fake out

Downsides are
Their IV's are random (none are perfect IV)
Their natures are random

If you want one let me know. I have a stock in box and still breeding for my perfect one. All has the Lightning Rod ability.

Second Xerneas attempt today:

Modest, 30-31/28-31/30-31/30-31/24-25/30-31

Finally a half-decent one! Time to move on lol
Congrats dude!

I'm working on my Living Dex, and it's sort of amazing how great old Pokemon look in 6th gen and how shit some others do. Like Cofagrigus has less animation than in Gen V, but still looks so cool. I just hatched a Gastly and he legit looks better than any depiction of him I've ever seen including anime and console games. But Parasect is one of my favorite Pokemon and he looks like absolute shit.

Vena

Congrats dude!

I'm working on my Living Dex, and it's sort of amazing how great old Pokemon look in 6th gen and how shit some others do. Like Cofagrigus has less animation than in Gen V, but still looks so cool. I just hatched a Gastly and he legit looks better than any depiction of him I've ever seen including anime and console games. But Parasect is one of my favorite Pokemon and he looks like absolute shit.

Ninetales and Rapidash are gorgeous in 3D Models.

Vena

Leveling up Ponyta now actually, so I'm glad I have that too look forward to.

The particle effects are so good for Ghastly and I'm guessing Rapidash, but then there's Musharna...

Rapidash just needs some good moves and stats now! The shiny Rapidash/Ninetales also looks phenomenal with the gray-flame.

Kyzer

Banned
Congrats

PokéGaf

Egg moves are

Charm
Wish
Volt tackle
Fake out

Downsides are
Their natures are random

If you want one let me know. I have a stock in box and still breeding for my perfect one. All has the Lightning Rod ability.

Ill take one!

Vena

So ORAS level-curve on trainers and enemies seems to pick-up, finally, around Kyogre's encounter. Aside from some dumb misplays/specific hard counters to my team (looking at you Milotic) that have cost me major investments for the Nuzlocke run, most of the trainers have been greatly under-leveled vs. myself (and this is under the No Grinding rule).

That said, generally, gym leaders seem to always be a lot higher than they were in XY relative to trainers. Its trainers that seem to feel like they are lower in general. XY had in as of so far felt much harder than ORAS feels right now but that may change!

Menitta

Congrats

PokéGaf

Egg moves are

Charm
Wish
Volt tackle
Fake out

Downsides are
Their natures are random

Could I snag one?

Vena

Does anyone happen to have a Modest Synchro Ralts they don't need? Even though I am doing Nuzlocke, I felt I may as well save myself some time and get myself a Modest Kyogre (not really interested in stats farming it but may as well get the right nature).

So fun project I have planned for later is to try and create a Greninja with a similar moveset as the anime one. From the fight scenes I've seen online it seems to use cut, water shurikens; double team, and aerial ace a lot.

Macka

So fun project I have planned for later is to try and create a Greninja with a similar moveset as the anime one. From the fight scenes I've seen online it seems to use cut, water shurikens; double team, and aerial ace a lot.
It also uses Water Pulse as a Rasengan, or at least it does at the point I'm up to (as a Frogadier).

Yeah seems to be a Physical Attacker. Kings Rock should be a good hold item for a Physical Greninja. It's what I have my physical Greninja hold.

It's lame Ash's Greninja didn't learn Night Slash instead of Cut.

Anyone else watching Nationals?

Yeah seems to be a Physical Attacker. Kings Rock should be a good hold item for a Physical Greninja. It's what I have my physical Greninja hold.

I've been watching vgc nationals. The finals were pretty close

Yeah Night Slash would have been cooler.

Bleh nature and IVs + everything seems to be consistent with the event = looks fine to me

Speaking of which anybody got a spare Volcanion, that last spot in my living dex is killing me man :X

Vena

So a Japanese dude just traded me this, I had my messaged as NEED VOLCANION:( and this guy just traded me it. Here are the pics. My question is, is it legit?

Looks legit.

Does VGC have rules against power-save pokemon? Do they check if you cheated a perfect IV and such? I'd imagine they do.

Vena

They check for hacks but the hack check usually used is ass

Is it dependent on the venue? I'd imagine that the World Championship is... much more rigorous.

Obviously its impossible to know if a parent is power-saved but the legendaries would be rampant with it, I'd imagine.

Top Bottom