• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Kyzer

Banned
My theory that soaring and riding were sample mechanic experiments of things they wanna implement into the series just got a step closer to becoming true. Looks like the trainer is riding a stoutland who is wearing a peculiar collar. "Riding Harness" or something of the like?

I wouldn't mind riding Pokémon as long as it replaces riding bikes.

Where does the bike go when you get off of it? That question always bugged me. Than there's shit, I'm about to battle this gym leader did I chain up my bike? I hope no one steals it.

Hey I just kicked team evils ass! Yeah! Crap! They ran out the front entrance! I hope they don't fuck up or steal my bike!

Having a bike in Pokémon is way too much responsibility for me.

GoldStarz

I wouldn't mind riding Pokémon as long as it replaces riding bikes.

Where does the bike go when you get off of it? That question always bugged me. Than there's shit, I'm about to battle this gym leader did I chain up my bike? I hope no one steals it.

Hey I just kicked team evils ass! Yeah! Crap! They ran out the front entrance! I hope they don't fuck up or steal my bike!

Having a bike in Pokémon is way too much responsibility for me.

How do the Pokemons fit in the Pokeballs?

Pokemon is over.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
heh, I just realized that Alain almost blurted out Team Flare's shit on Ash

the power of megahomo

GoldStarz

Does anyone have a list of the plot episodes (and really good filler eps) for XY for someone who wants to fast track the series to get caught up?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Does anyone have a list of the plot episodes (and really good filler eps) for XY for someone who wants to fast track the series to get caught up?

honestly just watch them all, it's easier to list crappy filler eps

avoid aurorus, the meowstic bros, and phantump ep

Kyzer

Banned
finally got the 8th badge in my Blue VC run. game was a nice challenge until now that my team is colossal

dragonair
haunter
ninetales
nidoking (w strength and surf)
zapdos (usually never use legendaries but I needed fly and im not gonna keep going to the PC so I replaced raichu)
blastoise

just smashed the shit out of giovanni. destroyed gary on the way to the league and hes telling me I need practice omg i love it

#doucherivalforSM

this game has been excellent nostalgia therapy.

Menitta

Every time someone tells me "Nah man, May is great and Dawn is shit. Gen 3 is the best" or something of that caliber, I always respond with "Go back and actually watch Gen 3 and get back to me."

Shoot :(
I don't understand why one of the most popular Pokemon is not in this game.

Charizard and Blaziken are in. No other Pokemon matter. Flowchart Blaziken is a thing. I hate how popular Charizard is. He's so overrated.

Ok, as somewhat of a Pokenoob (only played through the story of Black & White back in the day that's it) i thought this might be the place to answer the occasional question, as i just started with HeartGold on DS for the first time since it's supposed to be pretty great and all...

To the point: The egg i got just hatched a Togepi! Is it any good? Apparently you need to baby it and care for it etc. to get it to evolve, if i am mainly interested in completing the story/beating the elite 4 is this something i should do or just focus on getting whatever other Pokemon i deem good in my party instead?

TLDR; will Togepi evolve into an amazing must have Pokemon later or not?

Togepi's 2nd evolution (Togetic) isn't really an "amazing must have" - it has some positive traits, but you won't feel any impact from it missing from your team. It can learn Fly though, which is nice. Togekiss (the 3rd evolution) would be the best to have on your team, since it is able to take big hits and also dish them out with high flinch potential. That being said, getting your Togetic to evolve to Togekiss requires a Shiny Stone, which requires a lot of hassle in HG/SS. If you already have a Pokemon that will be able to learn Fly, I wouldn't worry too much about Togepi for story progression. Personally, I didn't keep Togepi on my team until probably my fourth playthrough of the game.

Ok, as somewhat of a Pokenoob (only played through the story of Black & White back in the day that's it) i thought this might be the place to answer the occasional question, as i just started with HeartGold on DS for the first time since it's supposed to be pretty great and all...

To the point: The egg i got just hatched a Togepi! Is it any good? Apparently you need to baby it and care for it etc. to get it to evolve, if i am mainly interested in completing the story/beating the elite 4 is this something i should do or just focus on getting whatever other Pokemon i deem good in my party instead?

Some of the most fun I've ever had in online battles came from using Togepi's final form, but it takes a while to get it to that point. But like... it's really fun.

I also just tried to start a SoulSilver run after finding it in my basement and just couldn't do it. You're a better man than me for dealing with that slow speed and ugly as all hell bottom screen.

Some of the most fun I've ever had in online battles came from using Togepi's final form, but it takes a while to get it to that point. But like... it's really fun.

I also just tried to start a SoulSilver run after finding it in my basement and just couldn't do it. You're a better man than me for dealing with that slow speed and ugly as all hell bottom screen.

Yeah the speed is indeed getting on my nerves a little...Would it have killed them to include a button that you can hold to speed up battle messages or something? Not sure newer Pokemon games have that though...

Yeah the speed is indeed getting on my nerves a little...Would it have killed them to include a button that you can hold to speed up battle messages or something? Not sure newer Pokemon games have that though...
ORAS pretty much eliminate all of the minor annoyances like that from past games. If they carry over even half this shit into Sun and Moon they'll be great, the game looks and controls super good. Even just scrolling through dialogue feels better than XY, which of course is much better than 4th gen games.

Been watching US nationals VGC, the game that was just on was insane. Guy used his Groudon to thunder wave HIS OWN Salamence to outplay a trickroom Bronzong, and it actually worked

Yes, that's Duy, who's a bubble master (not to be confused with Huy and his 512 EV Cresselia EDIT: Oh though now that the stream mentioned it, he did make the World Championships in like 2010 which is sweet) and Aaron Zheng, who's... Aaron Zheng.

Vena

It saddens me how close Ninetales is to being actually competitively good but limited so badly by its movepool. That said, its still been sneaking into pro-teams on occasion.

If only it had a recover move to go with its bulk.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I don't get why Pokémon youtube channel upload the same clip twice but add UK to one of them, it's so fucking dumb and pointless.

God is the Pokémon social media channel badly run when it comes to engaging with UK fans, which makes me wonder how the other regions are handled.

hSF1i4y.jpg

My small Grenjnja collection.

My procrastination skills are at such an elite level that I didn't remember to download Manaphy until 11:50pm last night. X_x

Are they tradeable, and if so does someone mind trading me one? I can give a Darkrai code in return.

Is it possible to see the third starter in Alpha Sapphire anywhere in the game? I'm trying to work on my Pokédex and trade on the GTS for stuff I don't have, but I haven't seen Mudkip so I can't request one for a Treecko.

Is it possible to see the third starter in Alpha Sapphire anywhere in the game? I'm trying to work on my Pokédex and trade on the GTS for stuff I don't have, but I haven't seen Mudkip so I can't request one for a Treecko.
If you have Pokebank, you can restart the game and choose Mudkip.

However, it would be much easier if you just got one through trade. Send me a PM, I'll be happy to trade you!

If you have Pokebank, you can restart the game and choose Treecko.

However, it would be much easier if you just got one through trade. Send me a PM, I'll be happy to trade you a Treecko!

Actually, I have a Treecko already, I was looking for a Mudkip. But thanks, I have too much on my current save to clear my cart at the moment. I DO have a copy of Omega Ruby that I can use. I was just hoping to do everything in this one game as possible.

Actually, I have a Treecko already, I was looking for a Mudkip. But thanks, I have too much on my current save to clear my cart at the moment. I DO have a copy of Omega Ruby that I can use. I was just hoping to do everything in this one game as possible.
I just edited my post to say Mudkip, lmao. I can put one up on GTS. What's the gender and level of your Treeko?

You can request Pokémon on the GTS that you don't have. If you scroll down far enough there's an option to let you just type in the Pokémon's name. It's very useful.

I just edited my post to say Mudkip, lmao. I can put one up on GTS. What's the gender and level of your Treeko?
Ha ha. I haven't bred a new one yet. Just the one I exchanged for a Torchic.

You can request Pokémon on the GTS that you don't have. If you scroll down far enough there's an option to let you just type in the Pokémon's name. It's very useful.
=O Awesome. Now I don't have to resort to shenanigans for Kabuto.

Top Bottom