• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Vena

they should ride this pokemon Go wave and release some really hype info for sun/moon and more VC plans

I think they will.

That said, amazon is showing a little surge in some of the releases as of Go... I assume its correlated but it may be coincidental.

Maybe by the time I can find a Noibat or Noivern in the game I'd be already be able to play the game. Kind of hard to play it when you're on a Windows phone.

Speaking of which, I'm really, really tempted to just put out a post full of just Noivern speak... Must have been bored.

MajorMane

Given the popularity of Pokemon right now, a professor reached out to me and asked about some music that would be representative of Pokemon.

What songs would you pick and why? Personally, I'm leaning more towards the Gen 1 side of things because of Pokemon GO's boost of nostalgia currently.

Chase17

Given the popularity of Pokemon right now, a professor reached out to me and asked about some music that would be representative of Pokemon.

What songs would you pick and why? Personally, I'm leaning more towards the Gen 1 side of things because of Pokemon GO's boost of nostalgia currently.
Can't go wrong with Blue's champion theme.

The music on the route before Mt. Moon. That would be route 3 I think

Ryan_09

So I started collecting the cards again awhile back... and I got this out of a Generations Elite Box. It's a full holo Raichu, as in the entire card has the same gloss/shiny finish to it. I've never seen a card like this before. I've got 2 reverse holos which are completely different, and I know a holo exists, but it looks nothing like what I've got, and Google is turning up nothing. Anyone with more experience care to educate me? Think I've got something special like a misprint?

5A79XRN.jpg

GoldStarz

IMO, Cynthia's battle theme is pretty amazing.

Kanto Route 4, without a shadow of a doubt. Undoubtedly the franchise's longest-lasting, most iconic music, barring the main theme.

Extra points for using the anime version, which is just superb.

spiritfox

Was the prof named after a tree?

Also I would pick the route music from Lavender to Fuchsia, or the Kanto trainer battle music. The anime had versions of them too if you want some different variations.

Menitta

While I'd say there's better music in other games, Gen 1 does have the most iconic stuff. However, I would suggest Red's battle theme. That's easily the best moment of all the Pokemon games.

Also, you can't go wrong with the opening theme. of the games.

MajorMane

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. A few I was thinking of already and a few I hadn't thought of but would be remiss of me if I didn't bring them up.
Well, maybe not the Christmas album.
To add some context, he's probably looking for music that would be recognizable and entertaining to a large group of people and easily playable, so that's what I'm going to be looking for.

Thanks again!

I think it would be nice if someone were able to either give or trade-back an Electivire, Magmortar, Gliscor, and a Aromatisse for my Omega Ruby game. It's so close to Pokedex completion. Anyone?

Will there be any leaks coming from CoroCoro in the next couple of days or will gamefreak calmdown with showing new Pokémon or info?
Expect leaks either in the next few hours or tomorrow.

They're certainly not calming down- expect new Pokemon or info every other week or so until launch.

Will there be any leaks coming from CoroCoro in the next couple of days or will gamefreak calmdown with showing new Pokémon or info?

I would expect Corocoro leaks before the end of tomorrow. I doubt it will be huge (like what the bracelets do) because I don't think they hyped up this month and that we usually get leaks before the 11th only when it's something big.

Though there's no way we won't get new info in the next few weeks anyway. There's no way they're going to slow down at this point.

Was really cool that they had the macross missile evasion in the Diancie movie, glad they had that in the main series too starting with Olympia
Nice I need to check that movie out.

So far in my Pokemon X play through I have all of ash current team minus Noivern. Working on a protean adamant Grenjnja since the one ash has seems pretty physical. Gave him cut, double team, aerial ace, and water shruiken. And man Hawlucha is a fun character to use and watch in the anime.

Busaiku

I really wonder if Pokémon Go will have the spillover to other media like Nintendo hopes.
Of course the game itself is massive, but is this gonna generate new buzz for cards, the show, other merchandise?

The bear is the same height as Snorlax and Pangoro. I hope that's actually shown in the games and anime because of how ridiculous it is.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well with the Trainers standing behind him in battle it'll be pretty noticeable.

I like the design far better when I realized it was huge.

WPS

My first impression of Red Panda was pretty bad. I thought it was a diglett with a hairband, or a digimon type head monster.

...I completely failed to notice the entire body attached to it, haha. It's high time we got a Red Panda mon, so it's pretty great,

Fakerchu is kind of creepy.

Corocoro Translations said:
It wants to be loved by people like Pikachu is.

Oh god it's the ghost of a Raichu, isn't it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
God damn I love the new Pokémon but I really really love Mimikkyu.

So far my potential Pokémon Sun team are;

Charizard, Rockruff, Vikavolt and Mimikkyu.

Just need a water Pokémon and one more Pokémon who doesn't clash with the team typing but I can see myself either using Kiteruguma or Drampa if I find a 6th Pokémon that I want to use.

Wow, Sugimori did a new artwork of Leaf recently.
T1I6nQL.jpg

Pretty nice. We don't often see new artworks of the less popular older characters.

Very nice, though it's a shame that she tends to get overshadowed by Red.

Top Bottom