• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I seriously hope the touchscreen menu isn't what we saw and is actually what happens when we press X instead

I only realized that the poses the trainer does correspond to the move type. I'm guessing they'll be some sort of ultra move that can only be used once per battle or something.

I seriously hope the touchscreen menu isn't what we saw and is actually what happens when we press X instead

Well there looks like there's an arrow on the bottom screen so I don't think the PSS will be going anywhere. Amie is also in the game so that would make sense.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The new trailer was pretty hype, though I was kinda gutted when it was confirmed that Eevee wasn't getting a new evolution.

The new dance and bracelet mechanic looks interesting and unlike Mega I can see myself using them.

So, what features should return for Sun & Moon? Here's my list.

The Must-Haves:
  • Trainer Customisation ✓
  • PSS-like GUI
  • Super Training (I don't really use it myself, but it's important for younger players imo)
  • Item Storage in the PC (or Extra Slot in Bag for any items you choose like in B2/W2).
Not Necessary But Would Be Great:
  • DexNav
  • Vs. Seeker
  • Gym Leader Rematches
  • Elite Four Updated Teams
  • Pokemon World Tournament
  • Battle Frontier
  • Pokemon Following You
  • Secret Bases
  • Friend Safari
  • Soaring
  • Amie ✓
  • Consecutive Fishing
  • Money-Making Restaurants
  • Proper Inverse Battle Facility
Wouldn't Miss:
  • Battle Chateau
  • Battle Maison
  • Battle Institute
Remove:
  • Sky Battles
  • Trainer PR Videos

Am I missing anything?

I would love the return of tag double battle and the option to enable auto run so I don't have to hold the B button when running.

I would say the return of Cross gen evolution, but I don't think that Sun and Moon will have them as we would have seen them by now and the latest trailer confirmed that Eevee didn't get one when he normally gets one... ah well it doesn't matter as it frees up spaces for the new amazing Pokémon.

Amie is also in the game so that would make sense.

I am glad that Amié is returning and I am also please that Game Freak didn't opt to copy and paste from the gen 6 Amié and opted to add new features like a freaking hair dryer.

Menitta

I'd be shocked if Pokemon Amie didn't return. It's how Eevee evolves into Sylveon. Also, Pokemon is still on the same system as before so it makes sense.

Goodstyle

So I just saw the Wrestler/Archer/Siren leaks for the starters that are looking likely and I threw up in my mouth a little bit. I only ever play water starters, and what I saw was horrendous. Probably the worst starter in the history of the franchise. I thought the water starters couldn't do any worse than Samurott, but guess I was wrong. This is what I was hoping for:

ba8b1cd5171ba2f92421f9de6988973c.jpg

What I got instead was the Little Mermaid. I need to take a minute to lie down...

brinstar

So I just saw the Wrestler/Archer/Siren leaks for the starters that are looking likely and I threw up in my mouth a little bit. I only ever play water starters, and what I saw was horrendous. Probably the worst starter in the history of the franchise. I thought the water starters couldn't do any worse than Samurott, but guess I was wrong. This is what I was hoping for:

What I got instead was the Little Mermaid. I need to take a minute to lie down...

That is what you were hoping for?!

Goodstyle

wait, you're seriously thinking Balio is real? lol

Ya, this leak I'm referring to right here seems legit to me. These pokes all seem like something GF would design, also, Popplio learns a fairy voice based move already... It all seems to be pointing to this horrifying conclusion. I want it to be wrong, I wanted a Juggalo based final form for this mon, but now it seems like a distant dream...

That is what you were hoping for?!

Not exactly, but something in that direction. I wanted "sinister looking clown" for a final form... not the abomination from the leak.

GoldStarz

i think a sea lion becoming a mermaid (actually a selkie) is much more an unique idea than becoming a bigger sea lion

I mean most people saw it becoming a clown which is in my opinion the ideal, at the very least i dont want the designs to be ugly which the rumored finals are.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
N-not sure how I feel about this...

njnt7US.jpg

Kind of creepy, huh? Outside of Pokemon LIVE Pokemon's never had any official stage shows like a lot of other anime get in Japan, right?

PK Gaming

Poplio's predicted final form is pretty revolting

The "Balio" version definitely would have been preferred

Oh well, they all can't be winners

Boss Doggie

Whoa... so Pokemon XY anime is getting a stage show?!

N-not sure how I feel about this...

njnt7US.jpg

Kind of creepy, huh? Outside of Pokemon LIVE Pokemon's never had any official stage shows like a lot of other anime get in Japan, right?

yeah never had any

this is really weird

Watch Da Birdie

So the new movie is out this week? We might get a preview for next year's which could show a new Pokemon.

July 16th, so by Friday perhaps U.S. time---though there might be some early screenings I think sooner?

This year's movie is very low-key, isn't getting any of the usual promotion in Japan and releasing against Finding Dory and the new Yokai Watch game. Maybe there won't even be a trailer attached since nobody will see it lol.

GoldStarz

July 16th, so by Friday perhaps U.S. time---though there might be some early screenings I think sooner?

This year's movie is very low-key, isn't getting any of the usual promotion in Japan and releasing against Finding Dory and the new Yokai Watch game. Maybe there won't even be a trailer attached since nobody will see it lol.

Really? That's kinda funny since as far as I can tell a lot of the PokeCommunity have been waiting for this movie because of Magearna, Azoth, and the alchemy theories

Watch Da Birdie

Pokemon Movies have been doing worse and worse for awhile now---I mean bad compared to how they used to do, I still think they get their money back.

I don't like the newer films much but I don't even think it's quality, I just think kids aren't into the films much nowadays. I wonder if Pokemon Go's popularity would boost a Pokemon film released theatrically outside of Japan, but god knows the next time that happens will be the live-action film which I think we can all agree is going to be a wreck.

Menitta

Pokemon Movies have been doing worse and worse for awhile now---I mean bad compared to how they used to do, I still think they get their money back.

I don't like the newer films much but I don't even think it's quality, I just think kids aren't into the films much nowadays. I wonder if Pokemon Go's popularity would boost a Pokemon film released theatrically outside of Japan, but god knows the next time that happens will be the live-action film which I think we can all agree is going to be a wreck.

I also don't care for the newer movies, but I do think it's quality. The Diancie movie was a dumpster fire, I didn't watch the Hoopa movie. All the gen 5 movies were meh to okay at best (which IMO is the worst place something can be in). The Zorua movie was also terrible. The last few good ones were the 3 Dialga Palkia Giratina movies. Granted I may just think that because I started with Gen 4, but watching them today, I still think they were solid.

No doubt Pokemon GO will make people get back into Pokemon. I doubt most people will go as far as watching the anime again, but I do think the sales of Sun and Moon will be higher than normal.

Also, as for the live action Pokemon movie, all the gym leaders NEED to be played by professional wrestlers.

I don't even know at what point my younger self stop watching the Pokémon movies but I remember the reason I stop watching.

I stop watching when I realized that all the Pokémon is going to do is tell some boring bullshit story about some legendary Super Sayain Pokémon instead of it being about Pokémon battles and Pokémon tournaments.
Like well drawn out battles and full tournaments from beginning to end with some sub plot to connect it all.

KingDirk

Ya, this leak I'm referring to right here seems legit to me. These pokes all seem like something GF would design, also, Popplio learns a fairy voice based move already... It all seems to be pointing to this horrifying conclusion. I want it to be wrong, I wanted a Juggalo based final form for this mon, but now it seems like a distant dream...

Not exactly, but something in that direction. I wanted "sinister looking clown" for a final form... not the abomination from the leak.

I was about to say I didn't think GF would so obviously gender a starter like that but I remembered Braixen/Delphox and now I am unsure

GoldStarz

I also don't care for the newer movies, but I do think it's quality. The Diancie movie was a dumpster fire, I didn't watch the Hoopa movie. All the gen 5 movies were meh to okay at best (which IMO is the worst place something can be in). The Zorua movie was also terrible. The last few good ones were the 3 Dialga Palkia Giratina movies. Granted I may just think that because I started with Gen 4, but watching them today, I still think they were solid.

No doubt Pokemon GO will make people get back into Pokemon. I doubt most people will go as far as watching the anime again, but I do think the sales of Sun and Moon will be higher than normal.

Also, as for the live action Pokemon movie, all the gym leaders NEED to be played by professional wrestlers.
I think more people will probably get into the anime than the games, there's been a lot of positive talk about the anime lately in regards to story, characters, and animation, and well getting into the anime is free getting into the games costs anywhere from $40 to $240 depending on whether or not you already have a system to play it on which I imagine a lot of the older fanbase might not.

I don't even know at what point my younger self stop watching the Pokémon movies but I remember the reason I stop watching.

I stop watching when I realized that all the Pokémon is going to do is tell some boring bullshit story about some legendary Super Sayain Pokémon instead of it being about Pokémon battles and Pokémon tournaments.
Like well drawn out battles and full tournaments from beginning to end with some sub plot to connect it all.
Arceus movie was my last one. What a boring movie and bland movie for a story featuring what is basically the closest thing to the god of Pokemon.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Man the level of hoops that I am having to jump through just to get Pokémon Go to work on my phone, this is why I don't like mobile/PC gaming.

i think a sea lion becoming a mermaid (actually a selkie) is much more an unique idea than becoming a bigger sea lion

Plus the whole Mermaid myth originated when sailors saw sea lions.

I just think kids aren't into the films much nowadays.

You're wrongs, kids today still enjoy watching movies provided it's worth watching.

The Pokémon movie sadly are not really worth watching as they are largely the same and nothing of any value happens.

Pokegaf what are some of the best ash poke battles I should watch?

You should check out Ash Vs Paul final Sinnoh battle, it was amazing.

latest

Man Sinnoh was a fun ride.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'm about to restart and go for full completion of Pokemon X to help kill time for Sun and Moon.

I am currently Playing Pokémon Crystal, I had originally plan to play through all the generation before Sun and Moon release date but I don't think that I will get past gen 3 before November.

Man the level of hoops that I am having to jump through just to get Pokémon Go to work on my phone, this is why I don't like mobile/PC gaming.

Plus the whole Mermaid myth originated when sailors saw sea lions.

You're wrongs, kids today still enjoy watching movies provided it's worth watching.

The Pokémon movie sadly are not really worth watching as they are largely the same and nothing of any value happens.

You should check out Ash Vs Paul final Sinnoh battle, it was amazing.

latest

Man Sinnoh was a fun ride.
Thanks that battle was so good!

Vena

I'm about to restart and go for full completion of Pokemon X to help kill time for Sun and Moon.

I did a Y Nuzlocke run a few (many at this point) pages back with some hard rules. It was a lot of fun if you want to try copying that, by the end of the game I was struggling with only four pokemon left.

AS was unfortunately much easier than Y when I finished that more recently with similar rules.

Watch Da Birdie

Everyone forgot due to Go and S/M, but new Pokken character should hit in about 10 hours I believe.

How would you react if it ends up being a new Sun and Moon Pokemon---Litten's "leaked" wrestler final form

Boss Doggie

Nah, it's just not enough kids watch stuff period. Same argument why the low TV ratings.

Guess what movies in Japan make big bucks? International films... like Zootopia!

Pokegaf what are some of the best ash poke battles I should watch?

hard to suggest in XY... since there's just so many!

Nah, it's just not enough kids watch stuff period. Same argument why the low TV ratings.

Guess what movies in Japan make big bucks? International films... like Zootopia!

hard to suggest in XY... since there's just so many!

Yea XY has many to choose. Will be starting XyZ soon and can't wait!

Sandfox

I did a Y Nuzlocke run a few (many at this point) pages back with some hard rules. It was a lot of fun if you want to try copying that, by the end of the game I was struggling with only four pokemon left.

AS was unfortunately much easier than Y when I finished that more recently with similar rules.

I probably would do a Nuzlocke, but I think I just want to play around with Pokemon I haven't used before.

Top Bottom