• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

WPS

That red panda is kinda off putting ... hope it evolves into something better looking.

My bets are on it being a single-stager. It's too simple to evolve from anything, but simply too big to evolve into anything. It's taller than Mewtwo, for pete's sake.

Kyzer

Banned
My bets are on it being a single-stager. It's too simple to evolve from anything, but simply too big to evolve into anything. It's taller than Mewtwo, for pete's sake.

same. if its already pretty strong i expect it to be like a snorlax lite and maybe someday get a mega

bear looking like bernie ala yungoose/trump sold me on his design. dont know why.

diaspora

Initially I didn't like the way EXP Share would name my team of 6 OP as fuck, but if I'm being honest, it makes having a rotating team of 12-24 actually manageable and enjoyable without having to kill myself grinding to keep everyone on the same level.

Menitta

Initially I didn't like the way EXP Share would name my team of 6 OP as fuck, but if I'm being honest, it makes having a rotating team of 12-24 actually manageable and enjoyable without having to kill myself grinding to keep everyone on the same level.

As someone who loves Pokemon on a casual level, the EXP Share is great. It just saves a lot of time. Grinding is one of the worst things about Pokemon. I wish it was so that if you battle every trainer in the critical path, you will be strong enough to beat the gym leader.

diaspora

As someone who loves Pokemon on a casual level, the EXP Share is great. It just saves a lot of time. Grinding is one of the worst things about Pokemon. I wish it was so that if you battle every trainer in the critical path, you will be strong enough to beat the gym leader.
The problem I think I had was tackling the game using it the same way I used to without. Once I had readjusted by cutting back on most if not all grinding and expanding my team to about 18~ it was actually pretty fun. Gave me a reason to use Pokemon I normally wouldn't have had in my team otherwise.

Busaiku

The problem I think I had was tackling the game using it the same way I used to without. Once I had readjusted by cutting back on most if not all grinding and expanding my team to about 18~ it was actually pretty fun. Gave me a reason to use Pokemon I normally wouldn't have had in my team otherwise.
This is why I hate all the arguments for the removal/change of EXP Share.
Turn it off or rotate your team, don't punish those who want it.

diaspora

I mean for those playing the games since the beginning, I can understand there being a bit of an adjustment period. I didn't even think of mixing up my team until I was well into ORAS.

Edit: Along this line I don't know how feasible it would be, but a way to adjust difficulty or encounter rates (trickier) would be a boon to new and old players.

For Busaiku
gNTJ3v9.jpg

Link

GoldStarz

Literally the only time I've had to grind in Pokemon is in X/Y because I like my Pokemon evenly leveled and my Pokemon were so overleveled when I had to replace my Vivillon late game that it took hours just to get my new Poke caught up.

same. if its already pretty strong i expect it to be like a snorlax lite and maybe someday get a mega
Snorlax has a prevo though.

Is there an explanation for all the posing?
Synchro or whatever it's really called, probably.

Articalys

I feel kind of depressed that Nintendo was clearly trying to clamp down hard on leaks this time around, but then the China localization team had to blow everything wide open.

And considering the latest trailer, that Synchro gif in the speculation thread is probably accurate, though still an internal work-in-progress... somehow.

GoldStarz

I feel kind of depressed that Nintendo was clearly trying to clamp down hard on leaks this time around, but then the China localization team had to blow everything wide open.

And considering the latest trailer, that Synchro gif in the speculation thread is probably accurate, though still an internal work-in-progress... somehow.

You know we already knew about synchro for like months now, right? The video didn't really confirm anything from the rumor at all.

Articalys

You know we already knew about synchro for like months now, right? The video didn't really confirm anything from the rumor at all.
When did we "know" Synchro was going to be in the games? Yes, mass amounts of evidence pointed to it being a feature of the next mainline game ever since it showed up in the anime, but there was never any outright confirmation of the fact.

And I guess I conflated the Chinese leak with the gif leak a bit there. True that nothing from the rumors is really confirmed yet, though the riding bit got a bit more evidence, and the diamonds part combined with the close-up of the bracelet in the new video matching the look in the gif.

I just hate it when stuff massively leaks in general, really. The ESRB leaks for Smash 4 kind of spoiled the fun there as well.

GoldStarz

When did we "know" Synchro was going to be in the games? Yes, mass amounts of evidence pointed to it being a feature of the next mainline game ever since it showed up in the anime, but there was never any outright confirmation of the fact.

And I guess I conflated the Chinese leak with the gif leak a bit there. True that nothing from the rumors is really confirmed yet, though the riding bit got a bit more evidence, and the diamonds part combined with the close-up of the bracelet in the new video matching the look in the gif.

I just hate it when stuff massively leaks in general, really. The ESRB leaks for Smash 4 kind of spoiled the fun there as well.

Oh that gif is fake, the two is just an upside down 5. The crystals in the gif were lifted from the game's titles, people figured they'd be involved with something special.

Articalys

Man, that just reminds me how much I hate the shorts on the recent PC designs. HGSS Ethan, ORAS Brendan, and now this kid, doesn't look good on any of them. Nate split the difference with shorts over leggings, which was dumb but serviceable. Thank goodness Hilbert and Calem had the decency to wear full pants.

GoldStarz

It'd be a crime if Mimikyu didn't end up in the Alola anime as a pokemon of one of the main cast.

if the rumors are true and they end up ditching ash for a new character
the eternal dream. it won't happen lmao
, then it would be funny if the new protag chose that as their first companion.

At the very least, it's interesting because while it's not a Pikaclone due to lack of electric typing, I could still see an ally of Ash picking up both that and Togedamaru.

spiritfox

Man, that just reminds me how much I hate the shorts on the recent PC designs. HGSS Ethan, ORAS Brendan, and now this kid, doesn't look good on any of them. Nate split the difference with shorts over leggings, which was dumb but serviceable. Thank goodness Hilbert and Calem had the decency to wear full pants.

But they're comfortable and easy to wear!

I think Nate's shorts over leggings are stupider than what Brendan or Sun is wearing any day. But I still miss pants.

GoldStarz

Notice that nowhere in that quote does it actually say they look good.

All I know is, first chance I get to buy pants ingame, I'm taking it.

Maybe the hat thing is like one of those wish corruption games lmao

"You don't have to always wear a hat but...

You do always have to wear shorts"

Foofaraw

Hey all,

Is there a good place to get Pokemon badges now that Sanshee no longer makes them? Is esty my best bet? Does anyone have recommendations?

Macka

So, what features should return for Sun & Moon? Here's my list.

The Must-Haves:
  • Trainer Customisation ✓
  • PSS-like GUI
  • Super Training (I don't really use it myself, but it's important for younger players imo)
  • Item Storage in the PC (or Extra Slot in Bag for any items you choose like in B2/W2).
Not Necessary But Would Be Great:
  • DexNav
  • Vs. Seeker
  • Gym Leader Rematches
  • Elite Four Updated Teams
  • Pokemon World Tournament
  • Battle Frontier
  • Pokemon Following You
  • Secret Bases
  • Friend Safari
  • Soaring
  • Amie ✓