• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Ash Greninja will be this gen's spiky eared Pichu. Won't transfer to future games, basically just a unique looking pokemon that's stranded in a single game.

Mr-Joker

Banned
yeah here is what each of the crystals look like

DW0JaVH.png

also all the type symbles

I am kinda half tempted to buy that and I will be 29 years when it releases. :|

Wonder who ash will get as a starter?

Alolan Charmander. ;p

Actually I wonder if Ash will catch an Alolan form, or will make his companion catch them.

I feel terrible for Game Freak/Nintendo, probably trying herculean efforts to keep stuff from under wraps and it still all got spilled early, though only about a month ahead of the official reveals. Well, except for the starter stuff though. How does that leak so consistently?

When more people get involved with handling information, chances are that someone is going to ignore NDA and leak it.

Why did it take me this long to realize "Rotom" is "Motor" backwards?

They removed tracking Pokemon from Go, basically making it way less enjoyable since that was sort of the entire appeal.

Not only that they made it that Pokémon are more likely to flee or break of Pokéball.

I also heard that they removed battery saving mode as well.

PokeVets, how do you guys feel about the bandwagon jumpers due to pokemon go?

Not too bothered, if they stick around then great if not then no big loss.

Though it does feel annoying seeing Game Freak pandering to folks who played gen 1, then dropped it and complain about the later design when I have been loyal to the series since gen 1.

It was why I didn't resonated with the gen 1 pandering during the 20 year anniversary, in X and Y or when Alolan form got announced.

The more people walking around with monsters in their pocket the better imo

Erm wut? :|

Ash Greninja will be this gen's spiky eared Pichu. Won't transfer to future games, basically just a unique looking pokemon that's stranded in a single game.
Hope that's not the case.

What Pokemon do you guys plan on transferring to sun/moon on your first play thru? I plan on bringing froakie, torchic, and maybe noibat and fletchling.

I'm still hoping and feeling that AshFrog is a new synchro evolution feature that's at least limited to some starters and makes them take on a form that matches their custom trainer's features.

Seems too damn important in the anime to just make some NEP like one-off event mon.

I mean, if you had told me last week that GF would do something as crazy as turning some iconic Gen 1 ground and fire type Pokemon into Ice Fairy and Ice Steel I would think you were damn crazy but here we are.

Also I don't get the point of having a Z move. I mean, does the item do anything else? Cause mega stones make sense, they beef your Pokemon up. But a item that only allows you to do some OP one shot move just once seems kinda meh :/
I'm sure I'll use it if only for the dance.

Oh god people do this?

I shiny hunt when i play and I don't often train the prefect hatched shiny pokemon I get so sometimes I tranfer them over to a new gen game ASAP to start my journey with them.

That or if I hate all the starter evol lines like in gen 5 :x

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh by I forgot to mention that I decided to play Pokémon Ruby so I started it last night.

Never would I thought that Tane, my Seedot who only knows Bide and Harden would end up being the highest level Pokémon on my team through Petalburg Wood. :|

What Pokemon do you guys plan on transferring to sun/moon on your first play thru? I plan on bringing froakie, torchic, and maybe noibat and fletchling.

Just Charmander into Sun, really hoping that we can transfer Pokémon from the get go rather than having to wait for an update.

Oh god people do this?

I already have my Sun team nearly planned out and Moon team half done.

I also erm have a 41 page word document of my detailing my Pokémon team I used for all my games.

I thought you frequent tokugaf, you should know that feeling by now with all those kamen rider/super sentai toys :p

Ha ha yeah, I actually do have some of the rider belts.

Oh by I forgot to mention that I decided to play Pokémon Ruby so I started it last night.

Never would I thought that Tane, my Seedot who only knows Bide and Harden would end up being the highest level Pokémon on my team through Petalburg Wood. :|

Just Charmander into Sun, really hoping that we can transfer Pokémon from the get go rather than having to wait for an update.

I already have my Sun team nearly planned out and Moon team half done.

I also erm have a 41 page word document of my detailing my Pokémon team I used for all my games.

Ha ha yeah, I actually do have some of the rider belts.
Yea hopefully there is no update required. Was planning on bringing a pichu but will wait to see if pikachu can be caught early.

Oh god people do this?

yeah some people do, sometimes it makes sense if you know there reasons for doing it but even then i still don't get it

also i'm wondering how will alolan ninetales evolve? ninetales needs a fire stone and i'm wonder if that is going to stay the same or something

Just got to where Ash gets his second badge in the Orange League. The "gym battles" seem soooooo unfair. I guess unless there is some way to study and practice whatever challenge each gym leader has in store. At least in Kanto, getting a badge is about battling, which is a universal thing to pokemon trainers. In the Orange League, they have you racing down a mountain in an ice sled, target practice with cans, racing on the sea. They probably do it all the freaking time because they have nothing else to do on their tiny little island. The average trainer probably has no practice with a lot of these particular things. Carving a sled out of a large cylinder of ice? Really?

Mr-Joker

Banned
yeah some people do, sometimes it makes sense if you know there reasons for doing it but even then i still don't get it

In every team I have always used Charizard so I end up creating the team around him to cover his strength and weakness, which means I need to pre-plan the team so I don't end up creating a team that is unbalanced or has a weak member than holds the team back.

Everyone one the team cover each other and support one another.

Oh wow caught a pikachu with a light ball. 😆

Oh wow lucky you, I usually have to resort to abusing static to draw the Pikachu out and steal the Light ball from them.

In every team I have always used Charizard so I end up creating the team around him to cover his strength and weakness, which means I need to pre-plan the team so I don't end up creating a team that is unbalanced or has a weak member than holds the team back.

Oh wow lucky you, I usually have to resort to abusing static to draw the Pikachu out and steal the Light ball from them.

Lol that's what I did only took like 10 tries. I was just surprised because I know chance of it having it is so low.

Oh god people do this?

I do it with a Dratini for my play threws.

Though I'm only going to bring over a Dratini egg if we can because I want to use new Pokémon on my team in Sun or Moon.

When will we be able to preorder Sun or Moon on the eShop?

I don't have access to the eshop right now so I can't check if it's up or not.

Wiseblade

So I've been binging through XY in the background on Netflix and just hit the Hawlucha episode.

THE. PUSH. IS. REAL.

It didn't even lose!

GoldStarz

So I think I'm alright with gen 7 only having around 70 new Pokémon if the rumors are to be believed. It's perfectly fine if the designs are as strong as gen 6 which from what we've seen I would say is the case. As we approach 1000 Pokémon, adding 100+ seems like a lot to me. The more the merrier of course, but I think we can have a great generation with a smaller number of new Pokémon.

Not sure how I feel about the delta pokémon yet, but it certainly is interesting.
Most of Gen 6's Pokemon were kinda eh on my opinion, although this gen's Pokes are looking really awesome, starter evos aside. Still not happy if the new Pokemon will be under 100, but unlike Megas, I am counting Alola forms as original Pokes since unlike Mega Pokemon they're stuck with that one form and will presumably affect the actual in-game campaign.
Well even KoF got leaked by (former) Chinese employees.
Is KoF really as big (and as locked up tight) as Pokemon though? I'm surprised TPCi wouldn't put a lid on that stuff ASAP.
I love when they play on words.

Really missed opportunity they never completed the Weezing line with a final evo, Smoking.
But Smoking doesn't fit in with the name scheme.
There's Koffing (Coughing) and Weezing (wheezing), both have to do with difficulty breathing, smoking causes that, but doesn't actually have to do with the act itself. A better cotinuation would be something like Gassping (gasping)
PokeVets, how do you guys feel about the bandwagon jumpers due to pokemon go?
It's pretty cool if they're actually gonna be playing Pokemon, idk if that'll actually be the case or not. Definitely not a fan of the Genwunners and the sooner we update to Gen III to scare them off the better.

P44

My biggest hope is that the IV shit isn't a complete pain. I had a team in gen IV and the breeding just killed the game for me.

yeah like i said. i already knew reason that you always built your team around a Charizard

it just sounds boring to me like to keep using the same pokemon every time (grated your not as bad as people who always use the same team)

it's just part of the fun of pokemon for me is using new pokemon each play though, and sure i have doubled up every now and again but i tend to keep things fresh each time

GoldStarz

Been playing this online Pokemon game and it's bringing something different to my perspective of Pokemon. I've only played single player only since the beginning, but this Showdown game make me look at pokemon differently. It reminds me of Yugioh actually. I played a lot of that over the years and I see some similarities.

I've been using an all Ditto team lately and I came across an annoying team just now.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-409399407

Endeavor lessens your opponent's health to whatever amount you have. If you had used Headbutt on Turn 2 and 3 you might have won maybe. Also an all Ditto team is a TERRIBLE idea, Impostor!Dittos are best for revenge kills, not frontline battling and your opponent will always know exactly what moves you have and how to use them better than you. It's like playing on Random Battle except your Pokemon picked out their tam.

Wiseblade

Top Tier

Emerald
Black 2/White 2

High Tier

Black/White
Platinum
HeartGold/SoulSilver

Mid Tier

Diamond/Pearl
FireRed/LeafGreen
OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire
Yellow

Low Tier

X/Y
Ruby/Sapphire
Red/Blue

Bottom Tier

Gold/Silver/Crystal

P44

Oh man, my copy of Pearl with my IV trained Alakazam got stolen in a robbery a few months back.

Shit took me ages when i was a kid.

Hikami

Lmao come on you guys, stop joking around, we all know that this is the actual Pokemon game tier list
Almost through Alpha Sapphire (only game I've missed so far) and yep.. gotta agree with this. Shame that none of the awesome stuff from Emerald made it in.

BW2
C
RBY
XD
HGSS
GS
BW
XY
E
FRLG
Colo
RS
ORAS
Pt

Pokemon Dash

DP

I think we're all in agreement that BW2 are the best, right? The most feature-complete game in the series with a varied region.

brinstar

I think we're all in agreement that BW2 are the best, right? The most feature-complete game in the series with a varied region.

I'm gonna be a dark horse and say I prefer the original BW. BW2's postgame is fantastic though, but I liked the main quest of BW more.

GAF pls...
At the very least, it's cloned. Nobody would spend literal days reseting for a shiny Reshiram just to trade it. As DNS spoofing has been down for 3 years there's no easy way to check if it's an obvious hack in any other way, but if it really bothers you I'm sure you could trade it to someone with PC access to their file who could look for any less-than-obvious mistakes the original hacker made.

Kneefoil

Went into Gamestop to get an Arceus code today and they're all gone.
Well...that's never happened before.

I wish GameStop would be the mythical Pokémon code distributor in my country so that I might actually get a code for Arceus, and eventually Genesect too. Unfortunately, the closest of the stores that distribute the codes is like 120 km away from where I live, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to miss out on those Pokémon. What sucks too is that we used to have one of those stores in my town just until late last year or very early this year, but they've ceased operations at my location.

And since we're ruining friendships with bad opinions about which Pokémon games are better than the others:

Tiers listed higher obviously have the better games.

Edit: I completely forgot I played Pokémon Y. It's in the Blast from 3000 Years in the Past Tier below the Frequent Encounters Tier.

Top Bottom