• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Macka

I actually hope there's a few months delay until Bank works with Sun & Moon.

That period before Bank released in X&Y was glorious. The community was on fire, so many people trading and battling. It was amazing.

Typically, if a Gamestop runs out of the actual cards the codes come on, then they can still print you out a receipt that has a code for no purchase. If they don't, then I dunno. They might be trying to get you out of the store.

Japanese Twitter is loving the concept of Exeggutor A:
Cox7m28UIAEB_Rv.jpg
Source maybe not sure no watermark

TCG Artist TOKIYA also drew the various MissingNo. forms from the Japanese games.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I was looking up Nuzleaf gen 3 move set, I did not know that he doesn't learn a single grass type move leveling up.

yeah like i said. i already knew reason that you always built your team around a Charizard

it just sounds boring to me like to keep using the same pokemon every time (grated your not as bad as people who always use the same team)

it's just part of the fun of pokemon for me is using new pokemon each play though, and sure i have doubled up every now and again but i tend to keep things fresh each time

I get what you mean and since I am always using Charizard I always make sure that the rest of the team is at least unique and I am not using a Pokémon that I have already used unless I have a specific reason to why.

In fact the most common Pokémon that I have used after Charizard is Eevee as in each generation I have used an Eevee but they all ended up evolving differently and only one was the same Eevee that have used before, the rest I gave them different nickname and back stories.

I just saw this
on twitter and had to share.
Co4iKJDVIAA9ju5.jpg

Fuuuuck I love these.

I wonder what she will do when Eevee ends up getting more than 10 evolution or get an Alolan form.

Shit can you imagine if they make a Alolan Flareon? Then maybe he won't be so awful anymore.

Won't happen Game Freak are that nice.

Lmao come on you guys, stop joking around, we all know that this is the actual Pokemon game tier list
n521RUGg.jpg

Pretty much similar to mine except I would move gen 1 to average tier, move Platinum to elder god tier and move HeartGold/SoulSilver and Diamond/Pearl to High Tier.

I always play Pokemon with an eevee as my starter and PokeBank the actual starter.

That must be interesting, I take it that you evolve Eevee to fit your team or does your team adjust to Eevee?

That period before Bank released in X&Y was glorious. The community was on fire, so many people trading and battling. It was amazing.

I don't mind if that happens as I can borrow a fire derp as a substitute for Charizard as I have done in the past.

Butane123

Hoping someone can answer a question for me since bulbapedia crashes every minute on my tablet...

Had a 3DS, it broke awhile back and I never got it fixed. Played through Y, but have never played through OR/AS. For the life of me, I can't find my Y version (probably got lost in a move). Anyway, I want to get through OR/AS before Sun/Moon come out and I want to know if it is possible to get every mega stone in those versions, or are there only some available in X/Y?

Hoping someone can answer a question for me since bulbapedia crashes every minute on my tablet...

Had a 3DS, it broke awhile back and I never got it fixed. Played through Y, but have never played through OR/AS. For the life of me, I can't find my Y version (probably got lost in a move). Anyway, I want to get through OR/AS before Sun/Moon come out and I want to know if it is possible to get every mega stone in those versions, or are there only some available in X/Y?

if your thinking about taking those mega stones to sun and moon don't bother. pokebank doesn't let you store a pokemon that is holding a item

other wise yeah you can get them all in ORAS

Butane123

if you think about taking those mega stones to sun and moon don't bother. pokebank doesn't let you store a pokemon that is holding a item

other wise yeah you can get them all in ORAS
Ah, crap. Yeah, I forgot about that. That was the main reason I was asking was for the transfer to sun/moon.

Still will probably play through them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
oh boy an anime thread!

and why am I not surprised many of the posts really sound less like watching it recently and more of recalling it through memory

Zinnia's fine, it's just the way that the fandom treats her as a 100% legit source of information when she's clearly dealing with her own shit that's bad.

she was the generic cuckoo for cocopuffs but never gets reprimanded, I hate those characters

tamminen

I ended up buying a regular 3DS cause it was dirt cheap. XY seems to be out of stock everywhere so I ended up with Omega Ruby. Im fine with that, last gen Ive played was Gold/Silver so cant really tell if these new ones are bad or not.

Alakazam still seems to require trading for evolving. Is there any way to cheese this somehow? Im not sure I know anyone who plays. I know my sister has DS but not sure which game. Can I trade with her, if lets say, she has XY and Im on OR?

MANUELF

Banned
Oh please guys EVERYONE knows that the best pokemon game is Platinum, Game Freak knew it was perfect and thats why it is the last third version game

Volcanion's being distributed in America and Europe through instore codes in October, to tie in with the Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel dub.

Getting the last of the Mythicals out at the last possible moment before the new generation, I guess.

Volcanion's being distributed in America and Europe through instore codes in October, to tie in with the Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel dub.

Getting the last of the Mythicals out at the last possible moment before the new generation, I guess.
So Gamestop again for America.

L95

I'm incredibly excited for riding, I also really hope regional variations'll be a thing for other regions in future games....

Now, bring back following pokemon....

GoldStarz

I'm incredibly excited for riding, I also really hope regional variations'll be a thing for other regions in future games....

Now, bring back following pokemon....

It'd be cool seeing more regional variants in the future, hopefully there'll be some way to obtain the variant in the future as well.

Also, even if they do bring back following Pokemon, it'll only be for select Pokemon now.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Eh...A lot of the Pokemon anime is bullshit. Indigo is more because Misty, but it's a sliding scale.

I recently watched a few of the earlier episode and my god Misty is a horrible character and the fans only lover because of nostalgia.

She belittles Ash, was rude to his Caterpie, insulted him and never said sorry to him at all, tries to steal his captures or make bug him that she should capture them with bullshit reason.

But her most dumbest moment was in the second episode when she send out Goldeen to fight Team Rocket when she had Staryu and Starmie but decided not to use them when Team Rocket was trashing the Pokémon Center because...reason.

She is an awful character and her successor are far superior, except maybe Iris as from what I have heard she was basically a Misty 2.0

well more apparent bullshit, like your mon loses because it slept

Yeah that battle was dumb and it was clear that the writer just wanted to rush through it so they could have Ash lose at any cost.

Now Tobias in Sinnoh may be dumb but at least the Writer at least displayed Ash battling skill and showed us the awesomeness of his Sceptile.

Yeah I'm so pumped they brought back Riding Pokemon in a cool way!

Yeah, I am glad that they are expanding on that feature as the riding Pokémon in X and Y was meh.

Man, my hype levels are maximum for SM, this feels like the shakeup the franchise needed.

Personally I have always felt that the series was fine but after seeing Sun and Moon and how X and Y was, I could tell that Game Freak heart just wasn't in it for the old style so some changes was needed.

I am a little nervous but at same time excited to see the direction of the Pokémon series.

I recently watched a few of the earlier episode and my god Misty is a horrible character and the fans only lover because of nostalgia.

She belittles Ash, was rude to his Caterpie, insulted him and never said sorry to him at all, tries to steal his captures or make bug him that she should capture them with bullshit reason.

But her most dumbest moment was in the second episode when she send out Goldeen to fight Team Rocket when she had Staryu and Starmie but decided not to use them when Team Rocket was trashing the Pokémon Center because...reason.

She is an awful character and her successor are far superior, except maybe Iris as from what I have heard she was basically a Misty 2.0

Ash in Indigo League is similarly terrible for similar reasons. I like Misty, but I don't love her. She has clear character flaws but most of it just makes it more entertaining to watch. I usually find it fun when they get into squabbles.

There's no point in delaying Bank IMO because people can hack in mons effortlessly now. It's a very different situation from XY.

Two years ago I was able to get to about 600 Pokemon in my Y Dex and with all the Sun/Moon hype I've decided to finish it off and actually do a Living Dex as well.

Anyone know where I could easily get an Articuno and Moltres?

Top Bottom