• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
HOLY FUCK

Aug 25th: XY&Z039 - Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!
>Lumiose City falls into shambles due to the attack of msterious plants that suddenly appeared. Ash and the others head to the Prism Tower to try finding out the truth behind this incident, but are met by a surprise attack from Team Flare, and Ash ends up captured. And then, Lysanrde, Alan's boss and representative of Lysandre Labs, finally unleashed his ambition on the entire world.

Sep 1st: XY&Z040 - The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Breaking World!!
>Clemont and the others decide to split into several groups in order to stop Team Flare's plans. Bonnie follows Squishy as it confronts Z2, which has transformed into its 50% Forme. But then the evil clutches of Team Flare strike! And just like Z2, Squishy also ended up getting controlled by Team Flare.

Sep 8th: XY&Z041 - Attack on Lumiose Gym! The Citroid Forever!!
>As he attempts to retake the Lumiose Gym, Clemont challenges Team Flare scientist Xerosic to a battle, staking their pride as scientists.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sneasel is so cool/cute.

Sneasel.STS.60.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just find it strange that they are airing what is essentially a terrorist attack in the Pokemon version of Paris.

All the 4th wall breaks in the show so far come from Team Rocket. This episode I just watched had the best one yet.

They were discussing amongst themselves a plan that they had to round up a bunch of Magikarp, evolve them all and then basically rule the world. Jessie then said "It's a plan so simple, a first grader can follow it!"

Im at the episode where Butterfree leaves...That pink one is a bitch...

You think that's a bitch, wait till you get to the Meowth backstory episode...

I don't think there was anything wrong with that Butterfree for not being interested in Ash's.

Firestorm

Is anyone going to Worlds?
Booked my flights several months ago. Haven't missed one since I started going in 2012! Really disappointed about the spectator news this year as it's going to be hard for me to tell everyone they should stop by in the area regardless though I do think you should stop by if you're in the area. It should be better on Saturday/Sunday when they don't need to deal with the large Day 1 competitor crowds.

JoeM86

Is anyone going to Worlds?

Yep I'll be there.

Competing in the Pokkén LCQ to get around the spectator stuff :p

Booked my flights several months ago. Haven't missed one since I started going in 2012! Really disappointed about the spectator news this year as it's going to be hard for me to tell everyone they should stop by in the area regardless though I do think you should stop by if you're in the area. It should be better on Saturday/Sunday when they don't need to deal with the large Day 1 competitor crowds.

If people don't do well in Day 1 they just don't bother staying the entire weekend? Jeez.

Firestorm

They'll be around all weekend but they'll need way fewer tables and chairs if they're not competing which should free up more space for people. Also more people moving in and out as they go explore the city during some parts of the day.

JoeM86

They'll be around all weekend but they'll need way fewer tables and chairs if they're not competing which should free up more space for people. Also more people moving in and out as they go explore the city during some parts of the day.

Ah that's a valid point. Thanks :)

Still, I'm in the Pokkén LCQ so I should be fine. This is totally ridiculous though. Why on earth did they not plan ahead, or even reveal it publically that you may not be able to spectate?

Firestorm

Organized Play has not quite understood the idea that people need time to book in advance in the 6 years I've been involved with this side of the game -.- My very first event I attended was only announced 3 weeks or so before it happened.

I should be able to grab a press pass again this year so I think I'm fine but I'm really annoyed as we have a good number of families from my area and a lot of them may only have one invite but also have both parents and sibling(s) wanting to be in the venue for obvious reasons. They all play Pokemon together. Not being able to see your children compete is awful. Really hope things work out.

JoeM86

Organized Play has not quite understood the idea that people need time to book in advance in the 6 years I've been involved with this side of the game -.- My very first event I attended was only announced 3 weeks or so before it happened.

I should be able to grab a press pass again this year so I think I'm fine but I'm really annoyed as we have a good number of families from my area and a lot of them may only have one invite but also have both parents and sibling(s) wanting to be in the venue for obvious reasons. They all play Pokemon together. Not being able to see your children compete is awful. Really hope things work out.

Yeah, I'm waiting to hear back about my press pass. Has been a couple of weeks, though so I sent a message to chase it up :/ It's why I'm doing the Pokkén LCQ, just in case..

I did the maths though, and excluding Japan & Korea, there are just under 3,000 invites across Pokkén, TCG and VGC so I understand it now.

I do agree that they need to sort it out. Look at the EU Pokkén circuit. We didn't get rules until the day before UK Nationals, we had MAJOR events announced two days before they happened and the Pokkén LCQ registration was announced with no fanfare.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Everyone probably thinks I'm like an amazing Pokemon collector but the only Dex I've ever completed is the R/S Hoenn Dex. >.>

Anyway Entertainment Weekly actually mentioned the Gumshoos/Trump comparison, kind of neat since very rarely does a post-151 Pokemon make it into a non-gaming mainstream magazine.

brinstar

I completed the Hoenn Dex in R/S, the National Dex in D/P and now I've got a completed Living Dex in X/Y. Without alternate formes though, which might be my next project in S/M.

So I'm trying to breed a 5iv female treeko to go with my 5iv make treeko and after a day nothing. Does it usually take this long?
Starter gender ratios are 12.8% female, so they're pretty rare. Factor that in with the probability of getting a 5V through whatever the parents IVs are and it's going to take a while regardless.

No. Are you using Destiny Knot? And what are the IVs of the parents?

Starter gender ratios are 12.8% female, so they're pretty rare. Factor that in with the probability of getting a 5V through whatever the parents IVs are and it's going to take a while regardless.
The two parents have 4ivs each and I'm using destiny knot. The male 5iv I bred hatched quick but that's the only 5iv baby I got so far.

Marowak stats sucks. Especially his/hers speed. Almost as slow as a Snorlax buy not as good.

Smh..

I hope Alola does Marowak some justice.

Marowak stats sucks. Especially his/hers speed. Almost as slow as a Snorlax but not as good.

Smh..

I hope Alola does Marowak some justice.
Marowak was only good for one generation and it was 2 (Gen 3 is debatable). Every other time it's just Sandslash that can learn Fire Blast (and sometimes Water Gun).

Pachimari

I can't believe how much I'm loving Pokémon at the moment. Just as much as I did when I were a kid. It's nostalgia, and my childhood is coming back to me, which isn't a bad thing. I even found all of my old Pokémon cards.

The collection, unfortunately they weren't in a folder or in protection:

The rare ones:

I'm really surprised they never gave Marowak an evolution, it feels downright incomplete.

I see what you're saying but if they gave it another evolutions then the whole lore of Cubone wearing it's mothers skull goes down the toilet. I'd be down for a Mega Evolution or even better if Gamefreak went back and readjusted it's stats. I mean, to me atleast, it looked like a speedy attacker before I went and actually looked at its stats yesterday.

After dealing with Baton Pass'd Marowak for a good chunk of time in 3rd Gen, I'm ok with this.

Sadly I wasn't there for the OG Gen 3. I stopped after gen 2 and came back with X and Y.

Sounds interesting though. Bad habit of mine is that I don't build teams, I raise Pokémon I like and use them in a team of Pokémon I like whether they Jell as a team or not.

Marowak was only good for one generation and it was 2 (Gen 3 is debatable). Every other time it's just Sandslash that can learn Fire Blast (and sometimes Water Gun).

Ooohhh.. Mix Marowak. Fucking sucks it's speed is beyond garbage!

I really hope there is a Alola form Marowak and GameFreak does it good like.

I really like Marowak design.

Holy crap! I just had to delete a big paragraph describing how Cubone became a Fire type in Alola. It was disturbing.

GameFreak is really jacked up with Cubone lore and I shuttered to think what they will come up with with a fire type Cubone lore.

Just got passed the Orange League championship. Easily the best match of the series so far, and the first time a full 6 on 6 battle was shown to its entirety. I remember that match pretty decently from my childhood too.

The whole time I thought when they got to league, Ash would have to battle four members of the orange crew, and then the champion. I guess I misinterpreted it and ended up realizing that was just talking about the 4 gym leaders. Interesting that we never hear about Gary that whole adventure, though I'm pretty sure he comes up again real soon if my memory serves to be correct.

Oh, and bye Lapras :|

tumblr_nnqwtxk2H21r8sc3ro5_400.gif

"I'll never forget about you Lapras!"

Yeah just like you forgot about picking up Pigeot huh? SHUTUP ASH

Hikami

I'm on episode 33 or so of the XY anime now. Enjoying it way more than I thought. (Haven't seen the anime since Battle Frontier for reference. Also my first time watching it in Japanese.) Though I do find myself skipping through the episodes where Team Rocket shows up.

Another thing I'm liking is how it makes me like Pokemon that I just kinda ignored in the games. Like Surskit, Amaura, and Flabebe for some examples. I guess it's because they don't have much personality in the games compared to the anime.
(Besides Amie maybe..)

Yup, Gary deserved to win that match against Ash. He seems to have come around a lot. He made Ash look like the arrogant big head this time. He also doesn't feel the need to have his cheerleaders around him all the time, which I realized as I'm typing this that that's really hilarious.

P44

So...

how do I go about getting a decent breeding ditto?

Is there a cave full of them like in Pearl or what?

Busaiku

Is there a reason for this that I am missing?
Because it deserves it.
Sleep Powder's not as good as it was in Black, plus since any Pokémon can learn the Poison Z-Move, it has an easy check.

It needs something to be able to keep up.

Vena

Give Whimsicott spore. Make it broken. It's one of my favorite mons and I want it to be even better.

I guess I don't get why this would make it broken... X_X

Can Glaceon get Freeze Dry please? I swear, Umbreon, Sylveon, and Vaporeon are the only eevolutions who have even remotely what any would consider a "movepool" rather than a "movepuddle".

Top Bottom