• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

trying to get a modest xerneas is tedious stupid cutscenes
Not sure if you did this but you can get rid of the first cutscene by running away from the first Xerneas encounter. Then just save and go from there. It'll still have different stats and nature each reset; you just won't have to go through the first cutscene each time.

Oh I know, I said so (I thought in this thread) after I looked at the two more closely. :p

How are these rejects? lol
Well they are perfectly fine, some I am preparing to use the Masuda method to breed for shiny ones so I end up with boxes full of 5IV Pokemon. For the others, it isn't too hard to breed 5IV Pokemon if both parents are already 5 IV, so I might as well breed a few more.

Vena

Well they are perfectly fine, some I am preparing to use the Masuda method to breed for shiny ones so I end up with boxes full of 5IV Pokemon. For the others, it isn't too hard to breed 5IV Pokemon if both parents are already 5 IV, so I might as well breed a few more.

Ahh you're breeding for Shinies! I see.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Getting story legendaries is the worst.
Did you miss out on the shiny distribution?
i did :( I was out of the loop for about 2 years. For some reason i wasnt getting the news letters until december too
Not sure if you did this but you can get rid of the first cutscene by running away from the first Xerneas encounter. Then just save and go from there. It'll still have different stats and nature each reset; you just won't have to go through the first cutscene each time.

Caught one but damn thought it got stat locked like run away mons

GoldStarz

For reference, here's a link to the leak I believe this guy's referring to: http://i.imgur.com/yfbFPkd.png

IDK I mean the leaks have been right about everything so far, and Dark/Fire Marshadow isn't a unique typing at all, like not even if the idea of "a typing that's never been done before". Also it seems really weird to just have the Sun, the Moon and Mars represented but not the other Alchemical Planets. Plus Robinroot is literally the name that fans have been using for Rowlet's final evo.

Of course, 104 new Pokemon, some of which have multiple forms that actually change typings (and maybe stats?), and new Alola forms is an ideal compared to Gen VI's weak display.

Either way, I'm not taking chances, I only looked at what we knew we were getting (the very top and the very bottom). We'll find out on Friday if this thing is real.

JoeM86

IDK I mean the leaks have been right about everything so far, and Dark/Fire Marshadow isn't a unique typing at all, like not even if the idea of "a typing that's never been done before". Also it seems really weird to just have the Sun, the Moon and Mars represented but not the other Alchemical Planets. Plus Robinroot is literally the name that fans have been using for Rowlet's final evo.

Of course, 104 new Pokemon, some of which have multiple forms that actually change typings (and maybe stats?), and new Alola forms is an ideal compared to Gen VI's weak display.

Either way, I'm not taking chances, I only looked at what we knew we were getting (the very top and the very bottom). We'll find out on Friday if this thing is real.

Different leaks. Just because one was right doesn't mean everything is, especially as one of the leaks claimed Alola Ninetales was Fire/Fairy.

GoldStarz

Different leaks. Just because one was right doesn't mean everything is, especially as one of the leaks claimed Alola Ninetales was Fire/Fairy.

Cresselia~~ said:
Cresselia~~'s translation
Leak is TEXT ONLY.
Red line indicates the part that accurately predicted Salandit.

>There will be no gyms.
>Alola region has no leagues. Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear. The E4 will be like the owners of each island.

> Starter's final forms with be an archer, a wrestler and a siren. Siren is water fairy.
> Collect logo diamonds like Mega stones, but a bit different. Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja.
> There will be new dolphin, snowman, sea cucumber. Rockruff evolves into a werewolf.
> Mashadow has a very unique typing.

Except they're the same leak.

The Chinese leak and the final starter leak that people actually trust are entirely different leaks. The reason people trust the final starter leak has nothing to do with the Chinese leak.

If anything that Chinese "leak" is very sketchy and questionable. We know what the "logo diamonds" are for now and it's pretty unlikely they'll be used for anything else. Furthermore, there is nothing to suggest you are "building a league" because there's already a version of one.

I think that at best it's an unreliable source that somehow got a brief glimpse at some promo material and made some guesses off of that.

Yeah the Chinese leaks felt like they were sent through multiple people and languages before it reached the wider internet. There's some accuracy to them but some of the information is so wildly off that you have to wonder if TCPi isn't sending incorrect info out to various regional branches to help prevent leaks by making them look like lies.

GoldStarz

The Chinese leak and the final starter leak that people actually trust are entirely different leaks. The reason people trust the final starter leak has nothing to do with the Chinese leak.

If anything that Chinese "leak" is very sketchy and questionable. We know what the "logo diamonds" are for now and it's pretty unlikely they'll be used for anything else. Furthermore, there is nothing to suggest you are "building a league" because there's already a version of one.

I think that at best it's an unreliable source that somehow got a brief glimpse at some promo material and made some guesses off of that.
I mean no one gave the 'Starters Leak' a second look until the Chinese Leak backed them up. They were even posted here before everyone dismissed them as fake almost immediately.

Which has wrong elements i.e. Z Crystals

But still, I misunderstood the subject in question. My apologies
Fair enough.

TBH I would be satisfied if this dex leak is true 'cuz the last couple evo lines looked very relevant to my... interests. I still call bullshit though.
I mean no one gave the 'Starters Leak' a second look until the Chinese Leak backed them up. They were even posted here before everyone dismissed them as fake almost immediately.
Eh, fair enough.

P44

So I needed a HM slave and I just through w/e I'll use Lapras and Bunnelby to catch the slack.

Diggersby is good.

:eek:

ST2K

XD was pretty fun. Mirror B's theme is the greatest

It's fun and definitely harder than Colosseum while also having better QoL features. It's a bit annoying to get good natures on a few Pokemon that are still viable to this day due to the special moves, but if you're just playing through for the hell of it it's quite good.

Also the only game to give you an Eevee starter and let you choose what it evolves into in the first town.

I've been looking for something to play casually without much engagement (not doing competitive stuff), and it seems like a good contender. I guess I'll check it out.

Jay RaR

So on a whim I decided to try out a randomized Platinum playthrough. I chose a Steel-type Jolteon as my starter...whose ability was Poison Heal smh.

Also the first few routes were full of low level legendary and fully-evolved Pokemon that I couldn't catch. Dammit lol

ViciousDS

Banned
Playing soul silver at the moment I don't remember specific Pokémon be limited to night and day and it kind of sucks that it's tied to the physical system clock instead of its own in game clock to where a full day cycle would only be maybe an hour

Playing soul silver at the moment I don't remember specific Pokémon be limited to night and day and it kind of sucks that it's tied to the physical system clock instead of its own in game clock to where a full day cycle would only be maybe an hour

Agreed. Pokemon's day night system sucks.

IIRC there are people who don't like that in gen V and VI the day/night thing doesn't affect what Pokémon will appear.

I say fuck 'em. This is a case where I'm perfectly okay with losing a "feature".

GoldStarz

Well your memory is bad then, it's always been like that. It's not like there are many that are exclusive to a time, for the most part it's just a change to the Encounter Rate. The Pokemon time system is fine as it is, honestly your suggestion that it'd be tied to an hour is kinda terrible considering that you'd make every time windom 15 minutes long that way, which is way easier to miss than four seven-hour long ones.

ViciousDS

Banned
Well your memory is bad then, it's always been like that. It's not like there are many that are exclusive to a time, for the most part it's just a change to the Encounter Rate. The Pokemon time system is fine as it is, honestly your suggestion that it'd be tied to an hour is kinda terrible considering that you'd make every time windom 15 minutes long that way, which is way easier to miss than four seven-hour long ones.

Hoot hoot is 100% only at night

Also gen 2 and 4 are the only generations that do this stupid system

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wish day/night was more heavy integrated into the series, not less.

That being said it does help Dusk Balling everything.

GoldStarz

Hoot hoot is 100% only at night

It's not like there are many that are exclusive to a time
many is there for a reason.
Also gen 2 and 4 are the only generations that do this stupid system

b0487x1xg2ogwcs8og8wg0cko_tumblr_tmp.png

[ugly laughter]
Gen V's Seasons is an example of the time system that actually didn't work

KingDirk

Just bred my second Shiny y'all! A Dedenne I named Chocolate because, you know, shock and all. Obviously didn't care about stats, it is just so pretty!

Vena

Hum... so as I am going through my doubles team, I realized I had never accounted for Mega Sal but then I looked at the damage calcs and... it seems Milotic (who is on my team) just hard counters him into oblivion anyway.

Or am I missing something?

I want to make a Pokemon team based on the cast of Martin, but I can't think of what kind of Pokemon Martin would be.

Martin - Energetic, but can be feisty and kind of mean and selfish. Arrogant too. But deep down he's a good guy. Hates Pam. I think Raichu is a good pick.

Gina - hard working, reaaonable, peace loving, puts dinner on the table, respectable, has to deal with being with Martin. She's a good shoe in for a Togekiss or Molatic.

Pamela is tough, says what she wants, intimidating. Hates Martin. Go with Gyrados or Sharpedo.

Tommy is the voice of reason, educated, is a counselor at the Boy and Girls Club, is a ladies man. Not sure what to make him. Probabaly Espeon.

Cole is Psyduck.

what is the rest of the cast? lol
Bruhman was easy, he's a Snorlax, Cole is slow and wears a hat most of the time so a Slowking, Martin calls Pam Mr. Ed and talk about her horse hair so she's a Rapidash, Sheneneh's an Aromatisse, Tommy's a Golurk, and Jerome's a Scrafty. Not sure about Gina, Martin, and Mama Payne. I did make Gina a Milotic, but not sure if it fits.

What the fuck is Martin?

Are you not from the states?

Top Bottom