• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Busaiku

The biggest problem with Black/White was the animation.
It was absolute garbage, with so much recycled footage, which led into poor pacing for some episodes.

Puruzi

Banned
It was absolute garbage, with so much recycled footage, which led into poor pacing for some episodes.

The biggest problem with it was Ash and his group. Ash was so fucking bad, Iris was an annoying cunt and Cilian was just sorta there? The main group sucked major dick.

Menitta

I disagree. The animation is more or less the same as Sinnoh, which reused footage constantly. Just have a cardboard cutout of the pokemon in front of speedlines. I love Sinnoh, but man, I hate that so much. BW just had prettier effects.

brinstar

I didn't watch all of BW but I remember liking what I saw of Cilan. Compared to Brock it felt like his Pokemon were getting more screentime at least and I thought it was cool that he got to battle often. (again this is only from what I watched.)

I don't remember much of Iris at all.

My problem with BW was Ash's team. I loved that they gave him a lot of Pokemon but I hated how they frontloaded all his captures, gave him all 3 starters and barely did anything with them, and also made several of his captures overlap type-wise.

Pachimari

Is Season 19 the latest season? I just finished episode 2 of that one. Pancham is cool as fuck, and Dedede isn't that bad either; it's cute and it's so small. But that Quinnadill is creepy as all hell. Will never choose Chespin again lol, and he's like Bulbasaur but not as cool.

brinstar

Is there any good resources for learning Doubles meta? I want to finally try to get into the online stuff when Sun/Moon come out.

Is there any good resources for learning Doubles meta? I want to finally try to get into the online stuff when Sun/Moon come out.
If you can read the glorious Nihongo, then Japanese blogs.

Otherwise... Wherever you can find VGC '15 stuff in English. Nuggetbridge maybe? But it can be tricky due to the current format being VGC '16, which really shouldn't be used as a reference for learning doubles if you're not gonna go deep into it until gen 7.

Smogon has sections in their analysis dex for different formats, including doubles and different vgc formats. It's not perfect, but it's a good way to build familiarity with the format before diving into battle spot to learn from practice

Nugget bridge is also a good resource for vgc, but I find it can sometimes be annoying to find the type of info I want since they have a blog style.

Finally, keep in mind that each generation tends to have a dramatically different meta game due to the newer pokemon, moves, and abilities, all of which can change things up dramatically. Some core concepts of the format will likely remain (Protect or an equivalent move will probably always be a doubles staple that you want on almost everything for instance)

Vena

I still want to do a vgc '15 ORAS tournament before sun and moon come out, but last time I suggested it I got an incredibly lackluster response

I mean I only just got into team building and building a team, so... I have no idea what I am doing (see: Helping Hand Umbreon). I'd gladly partake if I could ever get a stable 3DS connection for longer than like 30 minutes, lol.

I mean I only just got into team building and building a team, so... I have no idea what I am doing (see: Helping Hand Umbreon). I'd gladly partake if I could ever get a stable 3DS connection for longer than like 30 minutes, lol.

My idea included utilizing my absurd amount of free time to help breed pokemon for people newer to competitive pokemon, and I really wanted people to be asking for help and discussing how stuff worked to encourage people to get interested. Alas, the number of replies I got about the tournament the last time I tried could be counted on one hand

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So how does one know if you're signed up for the Trainer Club newsletter? Because I was sure I signed up for the ORAS demo back then and got the code, but somehow I missed the Darkrai and Bird trio giveaways because I didn't get the newsletters.

Vena

My idea included utilizing my absurd amount of free time to help breed pokemon for people newer to competitive pokemon, and I really wanted people to be asking for help and discussing how stuff worked to encourage people to get interested. Alas, the number of replies I got about the tournament the last time I tried could be counted on one hand

Maybe people are intimidated?...

... Want to proof my team and tell me why it sucks? (Aside from the fact that I am not using any of the VGC'16 dumbs.) :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So how does one know if you're signed up for the Trainer Club newsletter? Because I was sure I signed up for the ORAS demo back then and got the code, but somehow I missed the Darkrai and Bird trio giveaways because I didn't get the newsletters.

Ive been signed up for ages and only got them from dec - now

brinstar

If you can read the glorious Nihongo, then Japanese blogs.

Otherwise... Wherever you can find VGC '15 stuff in English. Nuggetbridge maybe? But it can be tricky due to the current format being VGC '16, which really shouldn't be used as a reference for learning doubles if you're not gonna go deep into it until gen 7.

Smogon has sections in their analysis dex for different formats, including doubles and different vgc formats. It's not perfect, but it's a good way to build familiarity with the format before diving into battle spot to learn from practice

Nugget bridge is also a good resource for vgc, but I find it can sometimes be annoying to find the type of info I want since they have a blog style.

Finally, keep in mind that each generation tends to have a dramatically different meta game due to the newer pokemon, moves, and abilities, all of which can change things up dramatically. Some core concepts of the format will likely remain (Protect or an equivalent move will probably always be a doubles staple that you want on almost everything for instance)

Sweet, thanks for the tips. I'll look into it.

Play with us losers!

Helping Hand Umbreon all day long.

I definitely want to once Sun/Moon comes out! I didn't play much online during Gen 6 so I want to try to get more into it this time around.

Huge Pokemon Giveaway!

So I'm going to be doing a bunch of breeding over the next week, before I switch to playing No Man's Sky. With Gen VII coming up, I want to have a bunch of Pokemon ready to breed since I assume we will only be able to use Pokemon with the + sign online. However, as long as the Destiny Knot + Everstone combo works again, I should be able to get 5 IV Pokemon pretty quickly.

The following are Pokemon I have bred / will be breeding. Those are the IV's natures and abilities I will be going for so I will be producing a lot of breeding rejects for these Pokemon. If you have a preference for male or female let me know and if you don't care about 5 IV's and just want egg moves and hidden abilities I can probably hook you up right away. If you want 5IV's it might take a bit longer. All of them are bred in Omega Ruby from the North America region. Also, I have a ton of BP to spare so if you want any items from the Battle Maison attached feel free to request them.

Without further ado, the available Pokemon:
Pokemon | Ability | Ball | Nature | IV's: HP/Atk/Def/Sp.A/Sp.D/Spd | Egg Moves
Charmander | Blaze | Luxury Ball | Adamant | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Dragon Dance
Slowpoke | Regenerator | Heal Ball | Relaxed | 31/x/31/31/31/0 | ---
Kangaskhan | Scrappy | Dusk Ball | Jolly | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | ---
Scyther | Technician | Poke Ball | Adamant | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | ---
Magikarp | Swift Swim | Great Ball | Adamant | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | ---
Dratini | Marvel Scale | Poke Ball | Adamant | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Extreme Speed, Aqua Jet
Mareep | Static | Heal Ball | Quiet | 31/x/31/31/31/0 | ---
Murkrow | Prankster | Heal Ball | Adamant | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Brave Bird
Sneasal | Inner Focus / Keen Eye | Repeat Ball | Jolly | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash
Houndour | Flash Fire | Luxury Ball | Timid | 31/x/31/31/31/31 | ---
Absol | Justiified | Premier Ball | Jolly | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Play Rough
Snivy | Contrary | Poke Ball | Timid | 31/x/31/31/31/31 | ---
Ferroseed | Iron Barbs | Nest Ball | Relaxed | 31/31/31/x/31/0 | ---
Litwick | Flash Fire | Luxury Ball | Quiet | 31/x/31/31/31/0 | ---
Pawniard | Defiant | Great Ball | Adamant | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | ---
Froakie | Protean | Luxury Ball | Timid | 31/x/31/31/31/31 | ---
Fletchling | Gale Wings | Repeat Ball | Adamant | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | ---
Hawlucha | Limber | Ultra Ball | Jolly | 31/31/31/x/31/31 | ---

If you are just a starting trainer, I don't request anything in return since I would be giving these breeding rejects away on Wonder Trade anyway, but I would rather share with the PokeGAF community.

Note: I probably won't be able to trade today, but send me a PM with your request and friend code, and I will have your Pokemon ready by the end of week.

PM Sent!

Not sure what Pokemon to get rid of. I want to replace it with Mew.

My core team:

Mienshao
Greninja

The rest:

Charizard
Xerneas
Hawlucha (HM Slave)
Emolga

I'm think Xerneas. I'm not sure. But Xerneas is fairy type.

B-Ri

Hi everyone!

In the last few months after getting Pokemon X, I've been replaying the classics and transferring my pokemon up to X.

I've gotten now almost 300! Wooo!

Question and concern however, I have all these Pokemon in my Pokemon X game, and I want to make sure I ... dont lose them to possible corruption?

I have the download version of X, and tried to use the 3DS back up tool to back up my save but it wont allow it.

What options do i have to protect all my progress and not lose any of my pokemon? Is the safest way just to keep them in my pokebank?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

In the last few months after getting Pokemon X, I've been replaying the classics and transferring my pokemon up to X.

I've gotten now almost 300! Wooo!

Question and concern however, I have all these Pokemon in my Pokemon X game, and I want to make sure I ... dont lose them to possible corruption?

I have the download version of X, and tried to use the 3DS back up tool to back up my save but it wont allow it.

What options do i have to protect all my progress and not lose any of my pokemon? Is the safest way just to keep them in my pokebank?

Thanks!
Yes, Bank is the safest.

Top Bottom