• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Those new mons are awesome.

But Coro Coro also graced the anime.

A FUCKING ONE-HOUR SPECIAL FEATURING ZYGARDE VS ZYGARDE THAT WILL HAVE KAIJUU AND MECHA HOLY SHIT

platocplx

So im playing through Omega Ruby right now, after playing through Platinum,Soul Silver and White, I transfered just about all my good pokemon from plat/soulsilver -> white -> pokemon bank.

Now i have a dilemma, I didnt know you could bring all your mons immediately from the bank to omega so i was wondering should i keep playing through the game until i get the national dex or just bring in my other mons and just play with them.

MajorMane

So im playing through Omega Ruby right now, after playing through Platinum,Soul Silver and White, I transfered just about all my good pokemon from plat/soulsilver -> white -> pokemon bank.

Now i have a dilemma, I didnt know you could bring all your mons immediately from the bank to omega so i was wondering should i keep playing through the game until i get the national dex or just bring in my other mons and just play with them.

Whatever the way you want to play, play it that way. Personally, I didn't transfer any Pokemon into my Omega Ruby playthrough, but that's because I enjoy making a new team each game. If there's a Pokemon you especially want to play with, no reason in waiting.

platocplx

Whatever the way you want to play, play it that way. Personally, I didn't transfer any Pokemon into my Omega Ruby playthrough, but that's because I enjoy making a new team each game. If there's a Pokemon you especially want to play with, no reason in waiting.

It feels so dirty. but yeah I may just do that, i didnt realize I had level 5 squirtle, fennekin, torchic and treecko i could use lol.

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna watch Season 1, Season 2, one season of Black and White and continue my watch of XYZ. Which episodes features Yveltal?

brinstar

It feels so dirty. but yeah I may just do that, i didnt realize I had level 5 squirtle, fennekin, torchic and treecko i could use lol.

There's no harm in playing how you want just be wary that transferred Pokemon will level up faster and stop obeying if they pass your badge level.

Kyzer

Banned

I always feel the same way like it feels like cheating or something lol

XY helped a lot with those feelings since they integrated online and trading and stuff much more into the main game it doesnt feel like youre manipulating things outside of the game so much, its all part of the "story"

Wichu

Hi everyone!

In the last few months after getting Pokemon X, I've been replaying the classics and transferring my pokemon up to X.

I've gotten now almost 300! Wooo!

Question and concern however, I have all these Pokemon in my Pokemon X game, and I want to make sure I ... dont lose them to possible corruption?

I have the download version of X, and tried to use the 3DS back up tool to back up my save but it wont allow it.

What options do i have to protect all my progress and not lose any of my pokemon? Is the safest way just to keep them in my pokebank?

Thanks!

You can use a homebrew save manager to back up saves that the official tool doesn't work with. Of course, that requires you to be willing to hack your 3DS (and have a means of doing so).

But other than that, Bank is good. Your Pokémon Bank account is tied to your NNID; even if you lose your 3DS, you should be able to get your NNID (and Pokémon) back by contacting Nintendo support.

I'm interested in that new Manga. Where would one/you go/Site to read that new Pokémon Manga?

PM it to me please. I don't want to unintentionally brake Gaf rules.

Oh man I *just* realized that the two options you have for the Time Limit in FCs are Your Time and Match Time. I'm so slow lmao
pgl_1.jpg
I hope Match Time is what we have now and Your Time is basically how time works in chess. I think that would be cool.

backlot

Oh man I *just* realized that the two options you have for the Time Limit in FCs are Your Time and Match Time. I'm so slow lmao

I hope Match Time is what we have now and Your Time is basically how time works in chess. I think that would be cool.

Match time is probably the overall timer and your time is the turn timer. That would be my guess since both the match and turn timer are a lot shorter for VGC matches than on Battlespot.

Match time is probably the overall timer and your time is the turn timer. That would be my guess since both the match and turn timer are a lot shorter for VGC matches than on Battlespot.
The turn timer isn't 10 minutes long though.

EDIT: What I mean is, it looks like you either choose Your Time (10 mins) or Match Time (30 min). What I'm thinking is that for Your Time it deducts how much time you take choosing your moves from the timer while Match Time is the normal thing.

EDIT2: Went and checked the Japanese. Okay yeah, it's asking if you want to set a 10 min time limit for each player or a 30 minute time limit for the entire match.

Vena

I've come to the conclusion that Helping Hand Umbreon is great only for the sheer fact that people have no idea why I have an Umbreon on my team in Doubles and don't know what to do about it.

That said, its actually probably terrible because that's all it does. I need to find a more useful Eevolution! Maybe I'll try Espeon.

Sandfox

I've come to the conclusion that Helping Hand Umbreon is great only for the sheer fact that people have no idea why I have an Umbreon on my team in Doubles and don't know what to do about it.

That said, its actually probably terrible because that's all it does. I need to find a more useful Eevolution! Maybe I'll try Espeon.

Sylveon can do the helping hand thing while destroying things with Hyper Voice.

Vena

Sylveon can do the helping hand thing while destroying things with Hyper Voice.

Sylveon is also squishy to the overabundance of physical Steel and Poison and slow as molasses. I actually started from Sylveon (bred, trained and all) but later shifted to Umbreon for Foul Play, Helping Hand, and the bulk to just sit there or tank a hit (in general) to be able to do something else given how slow they all are outside of Jolteon, Leafeon, and Espeon.

Sylveon is also squishy to the overabundance of physical Steel and Poison and slow as molasses. I actually started from Sylveon (bred, trained and all) but later shifted to Umbreon for Foul Play, Helping Hand, and the bulk to just sit there or tank a hit (in general) to be able to do something else given how slow they all are outside of Jolteon, Leafeon, and Espeon.
Get out of the lower ladder and that shit will mostly disappear. For some reason people in the lower ladder love slapping random coverage moves on their mons that really aren't optimal at all and then wonder why they're stuck in the lower ladder.

Vena

Get out of the lower ladder and that shit will mostly disappear. For some reason people in the lower ladder love slapping random coverage moves on their mons that really aren't optimal at all and then wonder why they're stuck in the lower ladder.

Oh okay. That may explain it, haha.

I will keep Umbreon for now and continue to tweak it, I like the surprise and its not terrible... for now. Higher tiers I may just slot back in Sylveon if its as you say because its been super annoying just having random ass steel or poison moves showing up.

Edit: Might actually try a Jolteon for a similar idea, but with the ability to leave combat with Volt Switch. Might be too weak for this to work well, though. Do Jolteon's work as suicide leads or are they too limited in movepool/damage?

Oh okay. That may explain it, haha.

I will keep Umbreon for now and continue to tweak it, I like the surprise and its not terrible... for now. Higher tiers I may just slot back in Sylveon if its as you say because its been super annoying just having random ass steel or poison moves showing up.

Edit: Might actually try a Jolteon for a similar idea, but with the ability to leave combat with Volt Switch. Might be too weak for this to work well, though. Do Jolteon's work as suicide leads or are they too limited in movepool/damage?

Since the Eevee crown can learn Yawn, would that give you enough added utility?

Has anyone here played the Pokémon Ranger games? Now that the first two are on Wii U VC I think I may give them a shot.

Skip the first. The other two are pretty good.

Do you think Amiibos will be a part in Sun & Moon?
I don't think there will be Amiibo integration, but I can see them doing something similar to the AC:HHD with the new QR codes. This hasn't been suggested at all, but imagine if there's a TCG set that includes one QR card in each pack. It doesn't have to be a mythical or anything, just Pokemon with a certain move set/level/ability etc. It would be a great promotional tool for TPC, since a lot of people would be buying packs trying to collect them all.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hey you guys should swing by the CoroCoro thread for a surprise...

Especially if you like Raichu.

Chase17

I feel like I'm going to know everything about the S/M well before they come out

Mostly since I can't help myself when it comes to leaks/reveals

Jay RaR

Man, this new Gen...

When I first played through X, I committed myself to only catching and raising new Pokemon that debuted in Gen 6. I got pretty frustrated when I was forced to use Mega Lucario in my playthrough. I boxed him afterwards, and I got over it pretty quickly. After beating the game, I was disappointed in learning only old Pokemon had Megas so I didn't have the luxury to use Mega Pokemon in my playthrough. It would make an easy playthrough much easier, but it would've been fun to use though.

Now with Alola forms of old Pokes happening this Gen, I'm really considering on breaking my rules a bit and catching the Alola versions because they could be considered as new Pokemon with new/different typings and possibly different stats. Might do a pseudo-Nuzlocke in just catching 1 new Gen 7/Alola version Poke in each route despite me liking it or not.

Kyzer

Banned
Seriously, why are the leaks for Sun/Moon ten times more prevalent than they were for previous games?

first time releasing in china maybe? ... but that doesnt explain this

other than that idk im starting to think maybe theyre doing some controlled leaks, if somehow it was determined that this drums up hype or works well for marketing..cuz its a bit ridik

Articalys

Well, to be honest, this one today is probably straightforward -- like the last trailer leak -- just somebody with access to the finished video for Friday who decided to say "fuck confidentiality" because they wanted their 15 minutes of internet fame. I guess my question was more regarding the storm of text-based leaks about all the game features and such.

Kyzer

Banned
Well, to be honest, this one today is probably straightforward -- like the last trailer leak -- just somebody with access to the finished video for Friday who decided to say "fuck confidentiality" because they wanted their 15 minutes of internet fame. I guess my question was more regarding the storm of text-based leaks about all the game features and such.

China

I decided to go back to Pokemon and continued my file of Storm Silver. I'm actually kind of bored in it. There are too many battles without much to break it up in between. The Fuschia City Shellder and Cloyster event was a nice change of pace, but it was really short and I was back to going on another route fighting trainer after trainer until getting to Celadon and doing the same thing to defeat Erika.

I sort of wish I can just go straight to Red.

Top Bottom