• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

anyway the final form of the starters should have unique z-moves

heck if the old leak that said rockruff and the starters share something is true then i'm willing to bet it is that they all have unique z-moves

Skatterd

anyway the final form of the starters should have unique z-moves

heck if the old leak that said rockruff and the starters share something is true then i'm willing to bet it is that they all have unique z-moves

Rockruff's z move to be a temporary Werewolf evolution?

Kyzer

Banned
Posted in the announcement topic but thought it was worth posting here too for posterity.

Gumshoos is the detective out looking for evil villain Raticate but they never see each other since they're out at different times of the day.

Youre onto something. Gumshoos is sherlock holmes. Rattata has a little mustache, Raticate could end up being Jack the Ripper

Holmes.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I probably got the gist, but anime Team Flare is sorta different.

Originally they were an actual philanthropic group, giving relief and aid to people. But then Lysandre got weary as he sees the cycle repeats itself, with people hurting each other to the point of destruction. So with Zygarde, he can kill the undesirables, leave only the people he deems worthy, and start anew.

Thanks to the help of Kyzer just now... I've finally completed my living Poke dex.

All 721 of the with no nicknames and with their official English names.

I don't know what to do now. Lol.. is there a in game prize?

Busaiku

Thanks to the help of Kyzer just now... I've finally completed my living Poke dex.

Welcome to the elites.
You get the Shiny Charm in-game.

Kyzer

Banned

well you get to automatically get 721 completed in your pokedex in sun/moon!

i really should do this one day

last time i checked my dex is at 320 something and that's just from playing pokemon ever since ruby

Call me back when this is done without cheating, because there's no way to have a legit Volcanion with its english name right now

Did they say which retailer would have the snorlax preorder?

It's not a retailer thing.

"As a bonus, anyone who buys one of the games when they launch on Nov. 18 and connects a Nintendo 3DS family system to the internet before Jan. 11, 2017, will receive Munchlax in the game, along with a “Snorlium Z” crystal to unlock the special Z-Move known as Pulverizing Pancake."

Mr-Joker

Banned
So my 5 year old cousin came over and I showed her some of my Pokémon toys.

She called Pikachu, yellow guy and thought that he was cute, called Pachirisu a squirrel and thought he was cute as well, she called Giratina Gamatina before correcting herself also she could straight away tell that he's a dragon and when I told that Giratina got banished to the distorted world for being naughty she said that he isn't naughty.

But the highlight was when I showed her Weavile she called him...Weird guy.

So I probably got the gist, but anime Team Flare is sorta different.

Originally they were an actual philanthropic group, giving relief and aid to people. But then Lysandre got weary as he sees the cycle repeats itself, with people hurting each other to the point of destruction. So with Zygarde, he can kill the undesirables, leave only the people he deems worthy, and start anew.

That's pretty much how they were in the game just poorly written.

Shiny dex? :D

Never! Lol... I'm not opposed to Shiny Pokémon because I have two of them in Poké Bank, it's not my thing.

Call me back when this is done without cheating, because there's no way to have a legit Volcanion with its english name right now

I know there's cheating in the Pokémon community, I just don't know how you would go about cheating nor do I want to. I got the Valcanion in a trade for a Shiny Tepig. I Google the OT and Serebii has it as a Japanese release.

Reguardless, I'm going to release it when it's officially released in NA.

So my 5 year old cousin came over and I showed her some of my Pokémon toys.

She called Pikachu, yellow guy and thought that he was cute, called Pachirisu a squirrel and thought he was cute as well, she called Giratina Gamatina before correcting herself also she could straight away tell that he's a dragon and when I told that Giratina got banished to the distorted world for being naughty she said that he isn't naughty.

But the highlight was when I showed her Weavile she called him...Weird guy.

:(

She sounds adorable. Every time my 3 year old sees Weavile she says "Look daddy, it's you!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's pretty much how they were in the game just poorly written.

Lysandre didn't have the "philanthropist" backdrop though, so in the games it comes off as weaker because he had no experience. Also the rest of TF are only in for the money while in the anime they were all part of the group prior.

nab an extra of the current events and the day its over offer it for trade for a hoopa

thats what i did with arceus :O

I'm hoping to do that for Hoopa and Diancie. Since I have all four version of the 3DS games I'll have a lot of extras. I also signed up for the newsletter four times.

Noirulus

Anyone else think that Sun&Moon looks like just another derivative pokemon game, and are skipping out on them? I think I've finally gotten tired of the series after the snoozefest that X/Y was. Ninty really needs to change up the pokemon games.

jnWake

Anyone else think that Sun&Moon looks like just another derivative pokemon game, and are skipping out on them? I think I've finally gotten tired of the series after the snoozefest that X/Y was. Ninty really needs to change up the pokemon games.

Seriously? It looks to be the most innovative one since Gen 3/4.

Crocodile

CqZ2um9WYAA38Hs.jpg

Remaining unused type pairs after Aloan Raichu was revealed but before Aloan Rattata. So one more checked off the list.

Here's some cool fanart coming from the recent announcements:

Source

Source

Source

What do you want them to do exactly?

Getting rid of gyms seems like a pretty big change.

JoeM86

No. If anything, it's the complete opposite and these look like the definitive and most risk-taking games.
----

CrVW_b4UAAAwxu3.jpg:orig

Mr-Joker

Banned
Lysandre didn't have the "philanthropist" backdrop though, so in the games it comes off as weaker because he had no experience. Also the rest of TF are only in for the money while in the anime they were all part of the group prior.

Ah I had forgotten that Team Flare in the game had two different goal.

CqZ2um9WYAA38Hs.jpg

Remaining unused type pairs after Aloan Raichu was revealed but before Aloan Rattata. So one more checked off the list.

Still waiting for that Ghost/Normal type Pokémon.

What, Z Moves and Alola forms? Please

How much attention have you been paying to the Sun and Moon info? Because in Sun and Moon they completely shook up the gym structure for something different.

Holy shit, I never realised that the Team Galactic grunt's suit was suppose to be an astronaut outfit.

If anything, these games are too different in a way that's almost scaring me off.

I am holding back till I have played the game to see how I feel about changes they made.

But honestly speaking I don't really foresee Gym going away forever and half of me suspect that we will be going to southern Kalos in the post game.

Top Bottom