• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Getting eaten alive for this on the other thread lol but

The time change is a big thing. It's quite odd and I really don't think it's that brilliant of an idea. I was lookin forward to playing the game in time with my actual clock, so now I have to either change my clock (and fix it every time I go to play AC) or buy Sun.

I was going to experience nighttime anyway, so I'm not sure why this was added. It's ultimately not a game breaker I guess but no more looking at my irl clock and going "oh I can catch a certain Pokemon right now" which is something I liked.

Like I said, I know there are ways around this but it doesn't really sit will with me.

And no I cannot just buy Sun because my boyfriend is buying Sun and wants that version and we always play opposite versions.

GoldStarz

Getting eaten alive for this on the other thread lol but

The time change is a big thing. It's quite odd and I really don't think it's that brilliant of an idea. I was lookin forward to playing the game in time with my actual clock, so now I have to either change my clock (and fix it every time I go to play AC) or buy Sun.

I was going to experience nighttime anyway, so I'm not sure why this was added. It's ultimately not a game breaker I guess but no more looking at my irl clock and going "oh I can catch a certain Pokemon right now" which is something I liked.

Like I said, I know there are ways around this but it doesn't really sit will with me.

And no I cannot just buy Sun because my boyfriend is buying Sun and wants that version and we always play opposite versions.
Pokemon games don't normally take too long to get through, you can probably put your AC town down for a week without too many negative consequences.

Pokemon games don't normally take too long to get through, you can probably put your AC town down for a week without too many negative consequences.

Yeah well I think it's just more ridiculous that I should have to change the clock to play a way that I have for awhile.

I work during the day so I'm used to playing at night, which I actually like. But now when I get home from work I get to play during the day, and now when I want to play at night I have to change the clock? I don't really like it. I know it's a non issue for some people and when that's the case some like to pretend it's not an issue at all (mostly the people in the other thread).

The point is, I don't think this is a good idea, and I'm even more confused about how this is supposed to happen "because Moon." I don't think this is a good change because it makes me buy a certain version if I want to play at the times I want to play (or change the clock). Never mind the fact that when it's day in my world, it'll be night in my game, which actually does ruin immersion (got jeered for that one too which confuses me). I like for my game time to match the world time and that's gone with Moon.

I don't think this was a good change, and it kinda makes playing how I want difficult. Other than that I realize it's not a huge deal. I'm more wound up because people in the other thread were making me sound like an idiot for wanting to play at night without changing my clock.

Also putting down AC isn't too viable an option (I have some time sensitive projects going on in AC now). I won't just be playing Moon until I beat it; I'll probably be playing both for a long time, which means constant clock changing. Great.

There was plenty I wanted to discuss about the other news too lol but I won't be going back in there.

Some memes from the latin american community :p

14238307_1202722779748520_1322718671998867475_n.jpg

14183769_1202699263084205_7606688862601414079_n.jpg
"Let's/to work!"

Gen 2, and HGSS have so many glaring issues it always makes me question why people consider it the best.

I also always question people saying XY are the easiest games when you can coast through Gens 1 & 2 being ridiculously underlevelled

I don't consider Gen 2 the best, only HG/SS as the best Pokemon games. Original GSC can hit the bricks as far as I'm concerned.

KingDirk

Guys I am really excited about this game.

I wish I had something more to add. (Besides the fact that my Golden Goomy breeding program has stalled further with the release of Picross 3d Round 2)

Guys I am really excited about this game.

I wish I had something more to add. (Besides the fact that my Golden Goomy breeding program has stalled further with the release of Picross 3d Round 2)

Ayyyyye Shiny Goodra is my love.

I have one that I got in WT, and I love her so much. Kinda wish she hadn't been Modest so I could run her mixed but she's great as a Sp Attacker as well.

Good luck with getting one!

Mr-Joker

Banned
After watching the latest trailer I was left feeling mixed.

-Alolan Faticate just made me laugh but I still don't care for the line.

-The Camera mode looks fun and I can't wait to use it, though it will likely mean no uploading pictures to Miiverse.

-The 2 version being 12 hours apart was part of the leak rumour and it ended up being true, I am okay with this as I am buying both version so this is a great way of making them feel different.

-The new Pokémon Type: Null looks really interesting along with its lore.

-Jangmo-o looks cute

-Gladion looks like that he's fulling the Rival role rather that Lille as I originally suspected.

-the Aether Foundation calling it now, they are the true villain with Lusamine being the series first female team leader villain. Plus she seems to have a Z crystal on her dress and hair so I suspect that we will battle her.

-Meh about Zygarde and I am not too fond that Dexio and Sina rear their ugly faces.

-Ultra Beast, at first I was mixed about them but the Pokémon series has always had a connection about space with Gen 4 talking about the origin of the universe, Deoxys being born from a space virus and blasting off to space in the Hoenn remake.

I believe that they aren't Pokémon and that they are connected to Lillie and something big goes down that causes Zygarde to be involved and requires to be in complete form, though I am still unsure the role of Solgaleo and Lunala.

Either way Pokémon Sun and Moon looks to be the most interesting Pokémon game in the entire series and I have a feeling that I am going to love it on the same level as I love gen 4 and 5.

We already know that Mallow is though.

Do we though? All we saw is an image of her next with Ash so it could be possible that Ash is challenging her or just met her.

KingDirk

Ayyyyye Shiny Goodra is my love.

I have one that I got in WT, and I love her so much. Kinda wish she hadn't been Modest so I could run her mixed but she's great as a Sp Attacker as well.

Good luck with getting one!

Thanks man. I have invested many, many hours into this. Hopefully I am not still trying by Sun/Moon...

Speaking of, with Hoopa having individla Pokédex text based on its form could we maybe see the same for the Alolan variants?

GoldStarz

Do we though? All we saw is an image of her next with Ash so it could be possible that Ash is challenging her or just met her.

If that was the case, why would she be in the beta art with him? You don't put a one/two-off character in a character sheet. It seems pretty obvious that Mallow is the female companion for Alola.

Rutger

Banned
I played through SS recently and had a lot more fun than I did with AS. I still see the Gen 2 remakes as some of the best games in the series, the highs are just far stronger than the lows.

I wouldn't want to go back to any game prior to Platinum and HGSS, so there's not much of a point talking about GSC's quality, but at the end they left a bigger impact on my than the Gen 1 games.

I'm loving everything I'm seeing about Sun and Moon. They look like they have a lot of potential.

gardfish

Doesn't the picture show her boiling a kettle on Litten-3's belt? If she's cooking that probably implies that she's traveling with the group.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Megas and Alola Forms are apples and oranges. Megas are only temporary and can't be seen outside of battle, while Alola Forms are omnipresent. Asking why I'm counting Alola Forms over Megas is like asking why a form change doesn't get a Dex entry.

you imply alolan forms are getting a separate dex entry

Articalys

Honestly I'm going to actually be a bit disappointed if Aether does turn out to have outright evil motives -- if it's so obvious that everyone was able to predict it the instant they were revealed, it's going to be a pretty lame twist. Hopefully they're just misguided at worst.

I mean, not that I didn't immediately tag Lysandre as the main villain in XY the first time he showed up, but still.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Honestly I'm going to actually be a bit disappointed if Aether does turn out to have outright evil motives -- if it's so obvious that everyone was able to predict it the instant they were revealed, it's going to be a pretty lame twist. Hopefully they're just misguided at worst.

I mean, not that I didn't immediately tag Lysandre as the main villain in XY the first time he showed up, but still.
Everyone predicts it because they were revealed with enough characters and models to fit an evil team. If we just got like Lusamine, it wouldn't have turned out this way. I don't think teams have been evil for a long time; only misguided.

GoldStarz

Everyone predicts it because they were revealed with enough characters and models to fit an evil team. If we just got like Lusamine, it wouldn't have turned out this way. I don't think teams have been evil for a long time; only misguided.

Galactic was evil. Plasma was mostly evil. Everyone but Lysandre in Flare was (outright) evil. I'm pretty sure most Teams are still evil.

Nightbird

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

A SNIVY WITH HP FIRE!!!

It has the wrong abillity, but i don't care, i'm just gonna farm GP so i can buy that thing that switches abillities.

But now, onto the next mystery. Making that Mirage Island appear where the Substitute TM is

Wiseblade

Yeah, you're right.

Do you have an idea what would be good replacement for HP Fire?

Dragon Pulse maybe?
Not Really, HP Fire on Serperior is meant to hit Steel, Poison and Flying types that resist Leaf Storm. A decent alternative might be Electric, hitting Flying types SE while retaining neutral coverage on Steel and Poison.

You might want to consider HP Water too. Neutral coverge with the types mentioned above, but nets you a surprise SE hit on Fire types that would normally force Serperior out. Especially ones packing Flash Fire like Heatran or Arcanine.

Wiseblade

Could Type: Null be the Pokémon that evolves into all the other types Eevee hasn't, "physical Eevee"?

That thing is hideous, I'd rather just have eevee continue being Eevee. they Should have just given the thing the Multitype ability and reworded the ability so it openly announces the Type the Pokémon is being changed to when it enters battle.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Galactic was evil. Plasma was mostly evil. Everyone but Lysandre in Flare was (outright) evil. I'm pretty sure most Teams are still evil.

Nah if you talk to the Galactic grunts many of them are basically just in it for the fun of it (it's probably the most cult-like team) and seem to have no clue what Cyrus is planning, it's one element I really like when it comes to Diamond and Pearl's plot.

Even Saturn at the end seems a bit surprised and has a face-heel turn---I do wonder if the plot-point of him I believe wanting to turn Galactic into an energy manufacturer like it was posing as will ever come back, would be cool to see him as a good guy executive in a future game with Galactic Co. helping folks.

Kyzer

Banned
hmm did nintendo never fix that the top screen of 3ds's get scratched from the console?

noticing scratches on both sides of my top screen, debating getting it fixed before sun/moon

hmm did nintendo never fix that the top screen of 3ds's get scratched from the console?

noticing scratches on both sides of my top screen, debating getting it fixed before sun/moon
They didn't.

I was so mad when I found my OG Japanese 3DS in the bottom of a box underneath crap with the cloth pulled out from between its screens. Like come on you assholes that could have ended horribly. At least I "only" have smears right now, thanks guys.

Kyzer

Banned
They didn't.

I was so mad when I found my OG Japanese 3DS in the bottom of a box underneath crap with the cloth pulled out from between its screens. Like come on you assholes that could have ended horribly. At least I "only" have smears right now, thanks guys.

god damnit, yeah I forgot to use a cloth after a while.

any idea what it costs to repair the screen ? dont know if its worth it

Articalys

I also want to believe that the "moves like a young girl" thing isn't just TPC/GF being about as wink wink nudge nudge subtle as a brick for their target kid audience, but I've pretty much given up hope there as well, especially in light of how they gave away most of Delta in preview material.

Mr-Joker

Banned

It was obvious from the moment that Team Skull were shown off that they weren't the evil team as they presented themselves more as thugs from a bad neighborhood than an evil team awakening a legendary Pokémon for their own scheme.

Plus it was time for the series to have its first female evil team leader and what better place than Sun and Moon, a game that seems to be breaking the mold.

That thing is hideous, I'd rather just have eevee continue being Eevee. they Should have just given the thing the Multitype ability and reworded the ability so it openly announces the Type the Pokémon is being changed to when it enters battle.

Honestly to me Type: Null feels like a bizarre recreation of Arceus, thought that could be me seeing things that aren't there like the spikes of Type: Null mask looking similar to Arceus' arm rings, their normal typing, Arceus multitype ability, Type: Null physically taking on types of Pokémon.

But this line has me wondering if Type: Null was designed to mimic Arceus.

"To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."

Then again that line is so vague and it could mean any legendary Pokémon, even one that may not even exist yet.

Nah if you talk to the Galactic grunts many of them are basically just in it for the fun of it (it's probably the most cult-like team) and seem to have no clue what Cyrus is planning, it's one element I really like when it comes to Diamond and Pearl's plot.

Even Saturn at the end seems a bit surprised and has a face-heel turn---I do wonder if the plot-point of him I believe wanting to turn Galactic into an energy manufacturer like it was posing as will ever come back, would be cool to see him as a good guy executive in a future game with Galactic Co. helping folks.

Agreed, Cyrus was cold, ruthless, trusted no-one and was willing to use his grunts and higher ups as prawn in his twisted plan.

Ghetsis is also similar as he abused N mentally and tricked some of his grunts into believing that he cares about Pokémon wellfare by using N as the face of Team Plasma while working in the background.

all those Team Flare ep summaries

the gym leaders are returning for the climax

Man you know that X and Y story* sucks so much that the writer had to borrow the game plot from gen 5 with a few changes.

*talking about the game's plot and not the animé.

Top Bottom