• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

hgRnInH.png

is this really professor oak
He has the Japanese name for Oak

So it's either Oak himself or a relative.

Torchic's final evolution should have been a phoenix, not a giant chicken. What were they thinking??

I'm surprised they haven't aped the Chinese mythical animals of creation for starters yet. Tiger, Dragon, and Phoenix is a great trio.

KingDirk

I am really worried that the whole game is going to be spoiled before it comes out but I am so weak I click on every damn trailer thread.

I really like Pokémon, guys.

I'd be very surprised if the big announcement with the anime was anything other than the first details on the Sun and Moon anime. They've left it a lot later than they normally do.

JoeM86

I'd be very surprised if the big announcement with the anime was anything other than the first details on the Sun and Moon anime. They've left it a lot later than they normally do.

Not really. Late August/September was when we learned of the XY anime and that started in October.

KingDirk

What's to spoil, though?

I like some level of surprise--what things evolve into, "what the heck is that Pokémon," etc. I don't plan out my teams in advance barring starters (though I also rotate team members a lot). I still fucking run to every new piece of news there is, though...

Well then I guess that's the final nail in the coffin for non gen 1 Alola form Pokémon.

I'm thinking that Gen 8 would have Gen 2 variants.

I think the community would of had a bitch fit if Gamefreak made tons of variant with little brand new Pokémon entries. Like how some doesn't consider Megas as new Pokémon. GameFreak may want to avoid that headache.

I'm fine with everything they showed so far, I'm just hoping we will get a few new Mega Evolution. Even though I haven't really used it I think it's a great mechanic.

nab an extra of the current events and the day its over offer it for trade for a hoopa

thats what i did with arceus :O

Really late to response here but I finally found a Hoopa on GTS wanting to trade for a Celebi and the system won't let me. It says Special Event Pokemon are Not Allowed to Trade.

What the hell?? How did people even get Hoopa onto the GTS? There's literally no way to get a Hoopa then. :(

Kyzer

Banned
Really late to response here but I finally found a Hoopa on GTS wanting to trade for a Celebi and the system won't let me. It says Special Event Pokemon are Not Allowed to Trade.

What the hell?? How did people even get Hoopa onto the GTS? There's literally no way to get a Hoopa then. :(

yeah dont bother with GTS. ask around on here or another pokemon community, theyre usually pretty active.

I think the community would of had a bitch fit if Gamefreak made tons of variant with little brand new Pokémon entries. Like how some doesn't consider Megas as new Pokémon. GameFreak may want to avoid that headache.

I'm fine with everything they showed so far, I'm just hoping we will get a few new Mega Evolution. Even though I haven't really used it I think it's a great mechanic.

Agreed. I want more. I wouldn't mind there being new megas but being kept secret either

Kyzer

Banned
I hope S/M just has a small mega stone cave and that they are all in there.

lmao that would be convenient. although i do enjoy that mega stones have added a valuable treasure to hunt around the world

i actually enjoy the postgame routine of catching all the legendaries, getting all the TMs, and collecting all the mega stones somehow

anything to give me a reason to explore the world I guess

KingDirk

lmao that would be convenient. although i do enjoy that mega stones have added a valuable treasure to hunt around the world

i actually enjoy the postgame routine of catching all the legendaries, getting all the TMs, and collecting all the mega stones somehow

Excited about the Zygarde cell hunting, hope there is a good amount of post-game stuff too. Just so long as it doesn't require being done within a narrow time window...

Chase17

Same. I think I'm just still salty that in X/Y you could only get them at certain times lol

Sandfox

I wouldn't be surprised if the next gen 7 game included more.

All my seven year old talks about is sun and moon now lol. Told her to put it on her Christmas list and we will see what happens.

That's cute. Lol.. I wish my 12 year old was that simple. Not only does she want to play the new games she also wants me to explain the Pokémon natural habitat, order of prey, and how it is possible for each respective legendary is able to break the laws of physics.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Was watching a nature documentary on BBC 4 and they were talking about Remora and Manta ray and their symbiotic relationship and it just reminded me of Mantine and Remoraid.

Edit: They just showed a goat crossing a raging river which explains why Skiddo and Gogoat can learn surf. :O

Hmm, it's just I am a little sick of the gen 1 pandering that Game Freak has been pushing of late so it gets annoying seeing the later gens getting the shaft.

Same, I am liking what they have shown so far and I have a feeling that Sun and Moon story will be great, something that was lacking in X and Y.

I'm just hoping we will get a few new Mega Evolution. Even though I haven't really used it I think it's a great mechanic.

I rather see the return of cross gen evolution as mega don't scratch that itch as they are more burst mode than evoution and while I am okay with Alola form they aren't really evolution either.

Excited about the Zygarde cell hunting, hope there is a good amount of post-game stuff too. Just so long as it doesn't require being done within a narrow time window...

Unless I am forced to do so, I am going to pass up on collecting Zygarde core and Cell as I want to focus on gen 7.

Plus it just feels like that Zygarde is just plopped into the game because he didn't get his own game.

Busaiku

6th gen had all the Kanto pandering, and it continues even more in 7th gen.
It's a perpetual cycle of introducing people with the 1st gen, and then sticking with it because it's what people know.

It'll always be Kanto.

Rutger

Banned
It's a perpetual cycle of introducing people with the 1st gen, and then sticking with it because it's what people know.

It'll always be Kanto.

If Alola forms really are just for Kanto Pokemon, that's the first real disappointment for me with Sun and Moon.

Alola Ninetales might be enough for me to forgive them though.

Sandfox

It'll always be Kanto.

Gen 1 get's the most stuff because it's the most popular and nostalgia is a powerful thing.

That's cute. Lol.. I wish my 12 year old was that simple. Not only does she want to play the new games she also wants me to explain the Pokémon natural habitat, order of prey, and how it is possible for each respective legendary is able to break the laws of physics.
Lol glad I don't have to worry about that for now.

Mr-Joker

Banned

It'll always be Kanto.

But not everyone started with gen 1 so the gen 1 pandering only really effects the crowd that grew up with gen 1.

Now I am not saying that Game Freak can't do gen 1 pandering if anything they should have small references to Kanto to make the world feel convective.

But what I am not okay is how they went to the extreme in X and Y what with;

-First wild encounter being a Pidgey.
-Santalune Forest being Viridian Forest 2.0
-Kanto starter being given away after the first badge with their mega stone attached
-Snorlax blocking the road and the fetch quest of obtaining the Pokéflute
-First encounter of Team Flare in Glittering Cave where you get the Fossil, this is similar to Mt. Moon where you first meet Team Rocket and obtain the Fossil, heck you can rock smash for an old Amber and have two fossil Pokémon just like Gen 1.
-Free Lapras, including a 3D Lapras model
-The legendary birds being Kalo legendary trio for no real reason.
-Mewtwo chilling in the Pokémon Village because...reason.
-Team Flare goal in making money, similar to Team Rocket's goal.
-Sycamore battling you with the Kanto starters.
-A NPC mentions Blue.

Sometime less is more as that they don't overshadow other generations as I felt that X and Y suffered due to the gen 1 pandering, granted it had other flaws but the pandering didn't do it any favours.

brinstar

I won't mind the Alolan forms being Gen 1 only Pokemon, I just hope they ease up on the Gen 1-ness of the main campaign itself. Stuff like Santalune Forest, the Kanto starters, the Pokeflute and Snorlax, Lapras, etc. Granted that was all pretty front-loaded in X/Y but just let Sun/Moon have its own identity. Which it definitely looks like it has.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I won't mind the Alolan forms being Gen 1 only Pokemon, I just hope they ease up on the Gen 1-ness of the main campaign itself. Stuff like Santalune Forest, the Kanto starters, the Pokeflute and Snorlax, Lapras, etc. Granted that was all pretty front-loaded in X/Y but just let Sun/Moon have its own identity. Which it definitely looks like it has.

Yeah it seems like that Game Freak learnt from that and decided to focus hard on letting Alola shine.

Which is why Alola form being only gen 1 Pokémon doesn't annoy me too much in fact I stopped planning my team as I holding out to see more Alola form.

Guesses on the info next week?
I'm gonna guess
Rockruff evo
First evos for the starters
and then maybe another Alolan form.

I only put the first evos for the starters there because we know Rockruff is supposed to have something in common with the starters.

I feel like they would've hyped up the starter evos if they were coming this month. I definitely expect to see them in next month's issue. I think Cutiefly's evo from the trailer will also be shown.

They're going to reveal Rockruff's evo along with more information about the updated Pokemon Amie and personal style/hair/clothing stuff. And how that ties together.

And the second Ultra Beast

Top Bottom