• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A better pic of the SM anime poster is out---and you can see Mimikyu trailing behind Team Rocket.

Perfect.

Wiseblade

Bonus points if they try to use a weather team to combat your own, and you beat them harder because of it.
It was more that he just didn't understand how Magic Bounce works.

But I can't wait for someone to try to exploit the sun against my Charizard Y team, only to run into my Goodra designed to stop exactly that.

But I can't wait for someone to try to exploit the sun against my Charizard Y team, only to run into my Goodra designed to stop exactly that.

All of my weather starters/attackers always have Rain Dance because it helps win weather wars and in general helps to prevent over-reliance on switching. So when I would play against teams based around Sand, and I correctly predict the Tyranitar switch and use Rain Dance, people don't know what the fuck to do, and it ends up costing them the game.

It's fucking AWESOME.

Wiseblade

All of my weather starters/attackers always have Rain Dance because it helps win weather wars and in general helps to prevent over-reliance on switching. So when I would play against teams based around Sand, and I correctly predict the Tyranitar switch and use Rain Dance, people don't know what the fuck to do, and it ends up costing them the game.

It's fucking AWESOME.
All of them? Doesn't that restrict your coverage?

Growlie19

Haha, I fought someone who didn't know how it worked, either! It was my Focus Sashed Espeon vs his Mega Aggron. I set up a Calm Mind while bouncing away his Stealth Rocks. Then I set up another CM, while I bounced his Roar back. Some Psychics and Shadow Balls later, he was swept. The look on his face when the Roar backfired was priceless!

Anyways, in the lead-up to Sun and Moon's release, I've been replaying the older games with my original teams. I finished Heart Gold a couple weeks ago with Feraligatr, Ampharos, Dragonite, Umbreon, Arcanine, and Xatu. And now I've started White. So far, I have Tepig, Munna, and Blitzle. It's an interesting experience, going back with the same team, but with more knowledge of the game. Every three weeks will be a new game. Next time will be White 2, then Y. Then the night before Sun and Moon release, my Alpha Sapphire team will have one last run through the Elite 4 and Champion as a sendoff to Gen 6.

Wiseblade

I get jelly when you guys talk in competitive pokemon terms. Every time I try to dive in I get overwhelmed!
I think I'll make a Competitive Pokémon threadfor Gen VII. I'm not actually any good, but it'd fun to at least have a place to discuss things. I could even learn the VGC meta!

I think I'll make a Competitive Pokémon threadfor Gen VII. I'm not actually any good, but it'd fun to at least have a place to discuss things. I could even learn the VGC meta!

That would be great. I would love a new place to start reading and learning about everything.

Sidebar: recently started White 2 after having skipped it at launch, hot dog I am loving this.

Wiseblade

That would be great. I would love a new place to start reading and learning about everything.

Sidebar: recently started White 2 after having skipped it at launch, hot dog I am loving this.
Assuming that:

1) Hyper Training is even moderately accessible

2) Ditto can be caught in Alola

3) Breeding Mechanics remain unchanged from Gen VI

4) EV training is as easy as ORAS

Then there'll be virtually no barrier to entry to anyone making competitive teams in-game. And you'd be able to do it in record time. It's actually scary how quickly it can be done already, considering how crazy things were when I started in Emerald.

I'd be interested too. Getting close to finishing my living dex so I wanna try out online battles in Sun/Moon. I remember EV/IV stuff sounded so complicated when I first heard of them but I finally wrapped my mind around them. Very excited for hyper training.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
the japanese website is funny when you machine translate it

D5yNJxh.png

Wiseblade

So hacked for sure right? Got it in a wonder trade. I think it's some dude advertising his youtube channel haha. The OT is Tyrus.
Definitely. A quick "Tyrus Pokémon" YT search shows that there's a channel dedicated to shiny giveaways with that name. It's stats are legal to pass through Wonder Trade though, so do whatever you want with it.

Boss Doggie

The one hour special was fucking amazing! Gym leaders coming back and doing something, call backs to old XY episodes, that dog fight, Grant x Viola shipping, it's just so hard to describe.

As always Bonnie demonstrated to be Best Girl. Though I find it hilarious convincing Z2 to join her was to tickle him. Oh and she indirectly
killed Lysandre
, how weird. And of course it ends in goodbye tears with the piano version of Squishy's Song.

...and looks like I'm skipping SM.

Puruzi

Banned
NGL I like the artstyle in motion. Animation is good but a different kind of good from x and y. Smooth but cartoony. I'll give it a shot.

Daemul

Toei has taken over the Pokemon anime it seems lol. Nah, the animation looks far better but I'll need to adjust to the art style change, the premise sounds exciting though.

Also Lille being Ash's seatmate lol

Boss Doggie

you know what has really great animation but a shitty art style? Naruto vs Pain

On a random note, the anime confirms Ash's BW ace: Krookodile

Mr-Joker

Banned
Urgh, Game Collection cancelled my pre-order of Pokémon Sun and Moon due to an error on their part.

Though they did me a favour as Amazon ended up being cheaper but still their customer services needs to be improved.

Anyway as for the Sun and Moon animé or as I like to call it, "Po-Kai Watch"...not interested at all and I will be skipping it like I did with most of Kalos.

On a random note, the anime confirms Ash's BW ace: Krookodile

How did the animé confirmed this?

Makes you wonder who would be Ash's Johto ace if they "separate" Johto from OS. Heracross?

My guess it would be Cyndaquil as Heracross was sent straight back to Oak early on in the season.

Though it's hard to say as Ash's Johto team was very underdeveloped, with only one of his Pokémon evolving whereas his companion had 2 Pokémon that evolved fully.

Well, it certainly wasn't Bayleef.

Even Gary called Ash's Bayleef a jobber.

Boss Doggie

How did the animé confirmed this?

My guess it would be Cyndaquil as Heracross was sent straight back to Oak early on in the season.

Though it's hard to say as Ash's Johto team was very underdeveloped, with only one of his Pokémon evolving whereas his companion had 2 Pokémon that evolved fully.

In last week and this week, the Pokemon Quiz answer was Ash Greninja, but the choices were Ash Greninja + 2 of his old aces. Last week was Charizard and Infernape. This week was Sceptile and Krookodile.

Wait, Heracross was sent straight back? Wow. I was sure he used him frequently. And among his starters there I thought it was Totodile that did the most fight.

Though I guess Noctowl should be his ace there lol

That was a great 1 hour special. Shame we go from this to sun and moon. Gonna miss the xyz cast. Best season of Pokemon. I will step away from the anime for now. May come back after sun and moon ends. Not feeling that anime at all.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Wait, Heracross was sent straight back? Wow. I was sure he used him frequently.

He did use it at the start of Johto after he caught it but it wasn't long before he sent Heracross back for his Tauros in Tricks of the Trade and when Ash asked for it back in the next episode Oak said that he wasn't finished with his research so Ash left it at that, which is hilarious as Ash gave away 3 Pokémon in that same episode his Squirtle, his Tauros and his Heracross.

The next time Ash used Heracross in battle was at the Johto league when Ash used him against Gary.

Boss Doggie

mdeifp.gif

He did use it at the start of Johto after he caught it but it wasn't long before he sent Heracross back for his Tauros in Tricks of the Trade and when Ash asked for it back in the next episode Oak said that he wasn't finished with his research so Ash left it at that, which is hilarious as Ash gave away 3 Pokémon in that same episode his Squirtle, his Tauros and his Heracross.

The next time Ash used Heracross in battle was at the Johto league when Ash used him against Gary.

Oh right, he relied solely on Johto starters + Noctowl right?

Top Bottom