• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Mr-Joker

Banned
The shipping in a Pokemon anime of all things remains the most cringeworthy thing in 2016.

It's even more cringe when you realised that Ash is still a kid and never excatly expressed romantic attraction other than that one episode in Kanto, which he quickly got over.

Thank Christ Serena's gone. I hope she never darkens the show again, and that all the half-baked shipping nonsense is confined to the dustbin where it belongs.

Agreed, I just found it difficult to watch it as I knew that it would amount to nothing and yet the writer still kept pushing it and as a result Serena is just a flat out terrible character.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Meh, I guess I'm one of those few who like Serena even without the shipping angle. I just like that we got something new - a homely character who was afraid to go outside find inspiration to go explore the world without actually losing her original personality.

Meh, I guess I'm one of those few who like Serena even without the shipping angle. I just like that we got something new - a homely character who was afraid to go outside find inspiration to go explore the world without actually losing her original personality.
Certainly not one of those few at all actually. People love Serena.

Alchemy

Hey, so I'm looking for a few Hidden Ability Pokemon that I'm missing, Phantump, Litwick, and Spiritomb. Let me know if you can help me out it would be appreciated ;-; I don't care about anything else but the abilities I'll be doing a lot of breeding after with them.

Sandfox

Thank Christ Serena's gone. I hope she never darkens the show again, and that all the half-baked shipping nonsense is confined to the dustbin where it belongs.
I think you're going to be in for a surprise lol.

I think Serena is better than Misty and Iris so she's cool in my book. I might even put her above Dawn as well if I really thought about it.

Malrend

oh shit I forgot about Smeargle, I guess that makes Furfrou, Smeargle and Stoutland line.

Mightyena isn't a dog. Lucario is a dog.

Uh.. Do we consider Raikou a dog? (They're referred to as both Legendary Dogs and Legendary Beasts)
If so, then he shares his typing with Electrike and Manectric.

Otherwise, I think that all current dogs (without counting dog-like ones, the foxes, jackals, and Eevee(-lutions), as well as the Normal types you've mentioned) have unique typings in relation to one-another, yeah.

Daemul

Meh, Serena is old news, people have already moved on to shipping Lille and Ash, loads of Japanese fanart of the ship have been flooding the internet since the Corocoro reveal. Even /vp/ has moved on, and is currently doing what /vp/ does best and spamming /padt/ threads with fanart of their new favourite blonde haired waifu (seriously, 90% of images are of Lille now, it's gotten fucking obnoxious)

There's that one guy who's still posting fanart of Chicken-chan though even though shes likely not appearing in the anime, not sure if he actually likes her or he's shitposting, it's hard to tell with /vp/ sometimes.

brinstar

Meh, Serena is old news, people have already moved on to shipping Lille and Ash, loads of Japanese fanart of the ship have been flooding the internet since the Corocoro reveal. Even /vp/ has moved on, and is currently doing what /vp/ does best and spamming /padt/ threads with fanart of their new favourite blonde haired waifu (seriously, 90% of images are of Lille now, it's gotten fucking obnoxious)

There's that one guy who's still posting fanart of Chicken-chan though even though shes likely not appearing in the anime, not sure if he actually likes her or he's shitposting, it's hard to tell with /vp/ sometimes.

....who's chicken-chan?

Boss Doggie

but lucario doesn't have a unique typing, he shares it with Cobalion

among the dogs I mean

Lucario is based on Anubis which takes inspiration from a wolf/jackal.
well yeah, that's why I said it's a dog :p

Uh.. Do we consider Raikou a dog? (They're referred to as both Legendary Dogs and Legendary Beasts)
If so, then he shares his typing with Electrike and Manectric.

Otherwise, I think that all current dogs (without counting dog-like ones, the foxes, jackals, and Eevee(-lutions), as well as the Normal types you've mentioned) have unique typings in relation to one-another, yeah.

Raikou is a raijuu of the tiger type

Daemul

....who's chicken-chan?

The SunMoon female protagonist, her hat looks like a chicken's comb to some people.

1473653313927.gif

Long live the Chicken

Sou Da

I just started watching from the beginning. The show was genuinely better with just Bonnie and Clemont, also the presence of cars and streets make the layout of this world even more confusing.

ReaperXL7

How's it going everyone, I just recently started playing pokemon x and y with my daughter, I was going to get ruby and sapphire but she wanted the deer legendary so I ended up with these two for now. The last main pokemon I played was Red, blue and yellow so I'm still figuring out all of the new stuff packed into the new games.

At the moment I'm trying to find a pokemon called Chimchar but I'm not having much luck so I might try to see how trading works in this game to see if I can get one that way.

I had my preconceived issues with gen one being my favorite but I'm finding some new pokemon that I really like, Macho man howlucha is pretty awesome.

Once you can battle champions in PWT you'll get BP very fast. Subway relies on streaks. The higher your wins, the more points you get.

Also helps that BW2 cut the BP item prices in half.

I usually stop whenever it suggests it in the subway. 7 battles in a row is tiring and I only get 3bp for it.

Right now Marshal's fucking Conkeldurr is killing me. Outrageous attack and why does all his pokemon have to know stone edge? If I could keep my Rapidash or Jellicent alive to face it I think I could beat it as long as I could get a chance to burn it.

MAtgS

It's even more cringe when you realised that Ash is still a kid and never excatly expressed romantic attraction other than that one episode in Kanto, which he quickly got over.

I think a lot of the basis of shipping is on the notion that Character A & Character B have a good chemistry & would eventually show feelings in some imagined future, not so much deliberate hints by the writers right there & then.

Afterall, I certainly don't remember any hints with these 2 back in the old days:
oi3lhbz.gif

ffdgh

I usually stop whenever it suggests it in the subway. 7 battles in a row is tiring and I only get 3bp for it.

Right now Marshal's fucking Conkeldurr is killing me. Outrageous attack and why does all his pokemon have to know stone edge? If I could keep my Rapidash or Jellicent alive to face it I think I could beat it as long as I could get a chance to burn it.

You don't have anything on your team that can abuse acrobatics?

ffdgh

I have:

Crustle, Mandibuzz, Snorlax, Magnezone, Rapidash, and Jellicent.

I think only Mandibuzz can learn it out of those. She knows Dark Pulse, Fly, Nasty Plot, and Bone Rush.

That'll work. Teach it for an easy 110 damage if she's not holding an item. Jellicent can also use Psychic if you have the TM on hand.

Boss Doggie

Guess the mods don't want 'hype' threads for potential poke-news anymore.

I guess it's more of the news thread being made on the same day as the video itself.

Not that it'd matter, Pokemon topics can easily overrun neogaf without much problem lol

That'll work. Teach it for an easy 110 damage if she's not holding an item. Jellicent can also use Psychic if you have the TM on hand.

Nevermind, I just booted the game back up. For some odd reason Mandibuzz, the Flying Type, cannot learn Acrobatics. I guess the struggle continues. my Jelli has Psychic, but it doesn't help all that much.

Delio

I guess it's more of the news thread being made on the same day as the video itself.

Not that it'd matter, Pokemon topics can easily overrun neogaf without much problem lol

Shame I was looking forward to late night Pokemon talk. Ah well we will get enough in the morning.

Top Bottom