• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Gengahrrr

I'm wondering if Generations's episodes will follow the chronological order of the games?

I'm guessing tomorrow we might get Blue's point of view on challenging the Elite 4. I needs me another .gif worthy moment of his Blastoise tanking another attack like a boss.

LUB3yaD.gif

I'm having a hard time against these Ace and Veteran trainers in Victory in Blaze Black 2. I wonder if my team's an issue or if they're just that hard.

I'm using, Crustle, Snorlax, Jellicent, Magnezone, Rapidash, and Mandibuzz with a Lucario on the reserve.

Debirudog

New Ash looks pretty derpy but as long as he doesn't take a nose dive in intelligence (BW comes to mind), Sun and Moon could be a pretty refreshing watch (Kalos was great, not denying that)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd domt knlw how this is gonna play out in the anime.

How do you go from basically god tier ability no one in the world has to student.

Also if he gets rid of greninja LOL

How are they gonna have it make sense to have ash ditch the only Pokémon he's ever bonded closer with than pikachu.

can't wait to see the potential train wreck. :p

Edit: like it would make sense for greninja to be around for when shit hits the fan if they follow the island gods and mega beast stuff.

I'm glad Ash is going to school because maybe now I'll actually learn/remember the type advantages and weaknesses for Dark, Fairy, Steel, etc.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Maybe he'll also learn that Froakie can't learn Cut by level.
Or that Cut is garbage.
LOL I found it odd they didn't give him night slash or just slash. Cut was such an odd choice, like I understand it in theory since the TV show doesn't follow the games but it's still a really dumb move xD

WPS

LOL I found it odd they didn't give him night slash or just slash. Cut was such an odd choice, like I understand it in theory since the TV show doesn't follow the games but it's still a really dumb move xD

Cut is named after a fancy japanese sword technique in the original language. This is why the NPC's who can teach you the worthless move are otherwise inexplicably hyped up as something impressive. Aeriel Ace, one of Greninja's other moves, is much the same.

I suppose we should be thankful for the translation in this case. Just think of the japanese children, playing for the first time, being told the captain of the SS Anne can teach them this magnificent sword technique, and they teach it to their pokémon, and it's shit. The revelation that Cut is a terrible move wouldn't be half as devastating for us.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh right, he relied solely on Johto starters + Noctowl right?

I think he used Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Charizard more.

But I didn't watch the whole of Johto so I don't know if that's the case.

I so want to take down Blue's Blastoise with my Charizard but that would be stupid as Charizard would go down in one hit.

Greninja bizarrely can't learn slash and Night Slash is not appropriate for a kids show as Night Slash Japanese name is Crossroad Killing and refers to when a Samurai would test out the sharpness of his new blade on an unsuspecting commoner.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
But we've seen Nightslash in the show before---Alain's Weavile used it, and true to the original name used it like a blade.

Guess Greninja as the "hero" using such a violent move might be a bit odd.

Mr-Joker

Banned
But we've seen Nightslash in the show before---Alain's Weavile used it, and true to the original name used it like a blade.

Yep the Animé had been pushing Ash's Greninja as Super Greninja, so giving him Night Slash wouldn't suit him.

But man I am angry they used that Pikachu

image.php

but greninja is a dark type too

True but the animé treats it more as a water type than a Water/Dark type.

brinstar

I don't think they're against Night Slash appearing in the show, but I do think aesthetic is why they chose Cut and Aerial Ace over it for Ash's Greninja.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So while the next episode is basically a resting episode where Lumiose gets rebuilt, the following eps...

Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - Last Battle against Satoshi! Serena's Choice!!
Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosic’s Counterattack!!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - Last Battle against Satoshi! Serena's Choice!!

I take that this is the episode where Serena decides to leave Ash, without ever telling him that she had a crush on him.

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosic’s Counterattack!!

Oh my god, they gonna kill Greninja!!!!! :O

Daemul

FFS, the SM anime hasn't even started yet and Lille fans are already being obnoxious, Mallow fans are regurgitating the same "thicc" jokes and Lana fans.....the less we talk about all 3 of her fans the better.

This is going to be a rough 3 years.

Well they were going to have to get rid of Greninja somehow. Looks like Ash is by himself at that point as well.

Yeah, from scans and Adamants translation it seems like Serena leaves Ash to travel with Shauna, leaving him and his Pokemon alone for subsequent episodes.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I am actually surprised myself that I knew who Xerosic was as I barely remember the Team Flare scientists.

FFS, the SM anime hasn't even started yet and Lille fans are already being obnoxious, Mallow fans are regurgitating the same "thicc" jokes and Lana fans.....the less we talk about all 3 of her fans the better.

This is going to be a rough 3 years.

Assuming that gen 7 lasts for 3 years.

Yeah, from scans and Adamants translation it seems like Serena leaves Ash to travel with Shauna, leaving him and his Pokemon alone for subsequent episodes.

So Serena realise that she was actually in love with Shauna the whole time.

HardRojo

Cut is named after a fancy japanese sword technique in the original language. This is why the NPC's who can teach you the worthless move are otherwise inexplicably hyped up as something impressive. Aeriel Ace, one of Greninja's other moves, is much the same.

I suppose we should be thankful for the translation in this case. Just think of the japanese children, playing for the first time, being told the captain of the SS Anne can teach them this magnificent sword technique, and they teach it to their pokémon, and it's shit. The revelation that Cut is a terrible move wouldn't be half as devastating for us.

Yeah, if I remember correctly the Japanese name for cut is "iaigiri". Back when my Japanese teachers were still in Peru I remember I'd ask them all sorts of questions about games I'd play in Japanese, like Pokémon, Jump Ultimate Stars and others. When I asked about cut, my teacher explained in poor Spanish what it was, then decided to stand up and act it out, it was basically him unsheathing the sword, cutting something and putting it back in the sheath, all in a swift smooth movement.

Oh man just saw the SM anime announcement. It was expected but goodbye Serena, Clemont and Bonnie :( Best companions.

And the Generations shorts were cool. Not sure about Pika tho

Sou Da

Maybe I should have posted this in the other thread but the new images make it look like Ash and his mom are actually moving to Alola.

Sou Da

New images?
It's more out of CoroCoro I guess? It shows Ash and his weird family riding in a tauros drawn carriage in Alola, An overlook of the school that seems to be ran by Oak and Kukui, and Ash apparently finding the Z braclet in the forest.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Glad I'm not the only one who loathes advertisementchu

It's more out of CoroCoro I guess? It shows Ash and his weird family riding in a tauros drawn carriage in Alola, An overlook of the school that seems to be ran by Oak and Kukui, and Ash apparently finding the Z braclet in the forest.

it's PokeFan, which is basically more anime focused

Daemul

Maybe I should have posted this in the other thread but the new images make it look like Ash and his mom are actually moving to Alola.

I got the impression as well because Mr Mime is there. On previous occasions whenever Hanako traveled around, whether to a region for a bit with Ash or wherever, she always left Mime behind to take care of the house, this is the first time he's ever tagged along, which raises some flags.

Sou Da

well it is a family vacation possibly, can't leave dad on the house ;)

I got the impression as well because Mr Mime is there. On previous occasions whenever Hanako traveled around, whether to a region for a bit with Ash or wherever, she always left Mime behind to take care of the house, this is the first time he's ever tagged along, which raises some flags.
The reason I suggested moving over a vacation is because it lines up with: The school plot, the game plot, and the marketing plotline.

I wonder if they're actually getting rid of Greninja or just the Ash-Greninja form through some sort of asspull fuckery. I hate when Ash gives his Pokemon away, because it always feels so hollow and pointless, but it'd be baffling if they just got rid if Ash-Greninja mode after making such a big deal about it.

lmao

All that hype around Ash Greninja saving the Kalos region when it really took was a girl and her dragon mecha firing a laser beam at the bad guy.

Sou Da

Why? Because she's there?

Looks like holiday to me based on Mr. Mime's attire.
I stated earlier that earlier that it's also the games plot that you're moving from Kanto to Alola and the plot of that ad series (moving from Japan to Hawaii).

It'd be interesting bit of synergy.

Thank Christ Serena's gone. I hope she never darkens the show again, and that all the half-baked shipping nonsense is confined to the dustbin where it belongs.

Top Bottom