• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I had some crazy dreams about what the trailers would contain...

One dream had new "U-Forms", Pokemon that fused with the ghosts of famous historical figures (I had just watched Kamen Rider Ghost before bed so that explains that), and they did so by eating rare metals that resembled real-life candy brands. Fucking weird as shit dream.

Another had a Mario Party-style mode, and an Alolan Parasect that was a winged cicada mushroom. There was also a trailer for the anime revealing that all the female leads would return and cameo. I think that was me reading this thread about the shipping shit before bed.

They were extremely vivid to the point when I woke up (multiple times) I had to remind myself they were fake. I think it's the medicine I've been taking for anti-anxiety.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
No wait, this is the best combination.
6e6.jpg

Mael

Finally managed to get Groudon in OR!
That's quite a step up from how easy Yveltal and Xerneas were to catch.
Of course my team had no way to inflict any status and the only one that wasn't going to OHKO or die horribly was Gyarados (fitting that my only choice was something linked to Leviathan I guess(called Leviator here).
I learned the hard way that Mega -Leviator lose its flying typing when megaevolving.
So basically dracorage to boost its Atk stat, then Ice fang till it had little HP then basically throwing Ultraballs until it finally took pity and stayed inside.
I think X/Y made me complacent in my hunting skills, I usually go with regular pokeballs but that seems a bit unwise for the legendaries.

Have access to the soaring flutes and I can now either finish the league or just go legendary hunting...
Is it me or do they explain how you get all the other region legendaries by Hoopa's ring being the link to their places.
Basically they're still where they are but you just have a Hoopa ring to their place to catch them where they actually are.
That's very clever of them actually!

ReaperXL7

Well, I learned a good lesson last night. I put a shiny lvl 100 ivysaur with Chlorophyll on GTS last night because I wanted a female Chimchar with ironfist, shiny would have been nice but It wasn't required and someone traded me a Chimchar with just some random ability..

I wish it would ask for confirmation for trade prior to just accepting but it is what it is. I'll have to make sure I setup a trade with someone properly next time before using GTS

Mael

Well, I learned a good lesson last night. I put a shiny lvl 100 ivysaur with Chlorophyll on GTS last night because I wanted a female Chimchar with ironfist, shiny would have been nice but It wasn't required and someone traded me a Chimchar with just some random ability..

I wish it would ask for confirmation for trade prior to just accepting but it is what it is. I'll have to make sure I setup a trade with someone properly next time before using GTS

Did you specify what you wanted in the comment section or something?

ReaperXL7

Did you specify what you wanted in the comment section or something?

Yeah, I didn't see any way to limit the trade based on the Chimchar having iron fist. Only the pokemon, it's level and its gender. I put in the comments that I was wanted iron fist but the one I got has blazing.

Like I said I just need to make sure I set trades like that up in the future instead of leaving it up to a semi automated system.

I'm really a lot more impressed with X then I thought I would be, its pretty awesome and has gotten me excited to play omega/sapphire, and sun/moon. My daughter loves it also, I think Emolga might be her favorite so far.

Mael

Yeah, I didn't see any way to limit the trade based on the Chimchar having iron fist. Only the pokemon, it's level and its gender. I put in the comments that I was wanted iron fist but the one I got has blazing.

Like I said I just need to make sure I set trades like that up in the future instead of leaving it up to a semi automated system.

I'm really a lot more impressed with X then I thought I would be, its pretty awesome and has gotten me excited to play omega/sapphire, and sun/moon. My daughter loves it also, I think Emolga might be her favorite so far.

I feel like they know what people want from GTS but never get to make it correctly.
I kinda hate how a little random it can be to trade through GTS.
At least you can force the gender!
If you want random there's wondertrade seriously!

I'm near the end of my play of Y(I'm an X player myself) with a sorta nuzlock and it's actually harder and more interesting than I thought.
I'm playing OR right now and it's actually great once it opens up near the end.

I'm a little miffed that I couldn't get Vulpix in X, but there's hordes of them in OR so that's ok.
Vulpix MVP!

Mael

yeah the GTS needs some serious tweaking, they really also need to make it so you can't request illegal trades

FUCK ILLEGAL TRADES!
You should be able to request abilities and lock some moves (if it knows a specific moves or something).
IV spread shouldn't be a choice as in gen VII you can max them now.
Basically anything you can search in your box in the PC should be a criteria on GTS.
They've got the algorithm to discriminate the mons anyway and it's something a player is expected to use.

Chase17

"Matter fact I had to strike twice cause I Zapdos"

Can someone tell me which song is in the background here. Can't place it but feel like it should be something obvious.

Edit: nvm I think it's the first bit of blue's battle theme

ReaperXL7

I have an iron Fist Infernape, give me a minute. You after any nature in particular?

No nature isn't as important right now, I'm mainly trying to get a female with iron fist for breeding purposes that way I can aim for the best Chimchar I can get in my quest to get a Shiny.

Mael

I was playing OR then I got into legendary hunting but I feel like I should make sure I don't get too crappy natures to go with it.
So I'm like, I'll get the synchro pokemon with the right nature in X and transfer it.
I remembered this thread so I was thinking let's go to GTS.
I'm still looking at getting a bulletproof chespin and I see a chespin for trade so why not.
Then I guess I could trade a protean froakie to trade for a bulletproof chespin (I got my protean from wondertrade luckily enough).
HA vs HA, fair's fair I mean.
My greninja is a male so I'm going to make a few eggs and if I get a male protean frokie I send to trade, if it's female I keep and otherwise wondertrade.
4 eggs : 2 male protean, 1 female protean, 1 shiny regular.
O.O
I actually got a shiny through breeding!!!
not the correct ability but beggars, chosers and gift horses if you see what I mean.
It's my 3rd shiny and I feel like the shiny Gods really shine on me these days.
Like my very 1rst dex nav use(the tutorial where they teach you to use it) brought me a shiny medhyena

Anyone up for a bulletproof chespin vs protean froakie?
obviously it's going to be male and absolutely not shiny because while I'm not shiny hunting I really want to keep them.
discreet or modest.
I don't care about IVs, EVs, nature and all that.
I can breed that later.
I also am not sure how we would do that (code sharing? gts? usb transfer? I'm spitballing now).

And I'm calling my shiny ReaperXL7

Wiseblade

No nature isn't as important right now, I'm mainly trying to get a female with iron fist for breeding purposes that way I can aim for the best Chimchar I can get in my quest to get a Shiny.

In Gen VI, Pokémon of either gender can pass on hidden abilities. I bred a couple of Iron Fist Chimchar with 5 perfect IVs each, you want one?

ReaperXL7

In Gen VI, Pokémon of either gender can pass on hidden abilities. I bred a couple of Iron Fist Chimchar with 5 perfect IVs each, you want one?

If you have one that you'd be willing to part with id be very grateful. I'm still trying to figure out how some of the breeding aspects work since the last pokemon game I really played was yellow, IVs for instance are a little confusing but breeding is fun for me so it's something I've been messing with a lot. I'm currently breeding dratinis until I can get some of the females I'm aiming for in other species.

Wiseblade

So there's a local videogame store doing a Pokémon tournament on the 2nd of October where first place gets a copy of Sun/Moon. Naturally, this drew my interest.

unfortunately, the tournament is running on VGC2016 rules, which I have no experience, knowledge or even interest in. But here I am with a Dozen NuggetBridge tabs open trying to find a braindead team I can steal.

SEND HELP

So there's a local videogame store doing a Pokémon tournament on the 2nd of October where first place gets a copy of Sun/Moon. Naturally, this drew my interest.

unfortunately, the tournament is running on VGC2016 rules, which I have no experience, knowledge or even interest in. But here I am with a Dozen NuggetBridge tabs open trying to find a braindead team I can steal.

SEND HELP

Just search for Wolfe Glick's team (Worlds champion this year) which is a team a lot of players are using right now because it's really good.

OR

Search for a team that counters this team, since there will be a lot of them in the tournament.

I was playing OR then I got into legendary hunting but I feel like I should make sure I don't get too crappy natures to go with it.
So I'm like, I'll get the synchro pokemon with the right nature in X and transfer it.
I remembered this thread so I was thinking let's go to GTS.
I'm still looking at getting a bulletproof chespin and I see a chespin for trade so why not.
Then I guess I could trade a protean froakie to trade for a bulletproof chespin (I got my protean from wondertrade luckily enough).
HA vs HA, fair's fair I mean.
My greninja is a male so I'm going to make a few eggs and if I get a male protean frokie I send to trade, if it's female I keep and otherwise wondertrade.
4 eggs : 2 male protean, 1 female protean, 1 shiny regular.
O.O
I actually got a shiny through breeding!!!
not the correct ability but beggars, chosers and gift horses if you see what I mean.
It's my 3rd shiny and I feel like the shiny Gods really shine on me these days.
Like my very 1rst dex nav use(the tutorial where they teach you to use it) brought me a shiny medhyena

Anyone up for a bulletproof chespin vs protean froakie?
obviously it's going to be male and absolutely not shiny because while I'm not shiny hunting I really want to keep them.
discreet or modest.
I don't care about IVs, EVs, nature and all that.
I can breed that later.
I also am not sure how we would do that (code sharing? gts? usb transfer? I'm spitballing now).

And I'm calling my shiny ReaperXL7

You need a Bulletproof Chespin? I can breed you one if you aren't too concerned about IVs. Send me a message if you still need help.

Mael

You need a Bulletproof Chespin? I can breed you one if you aren't too concerned about IVs. Send me a message if you still need help.

Awesome! I'll send you a PM whenever I can get my hands on my 3DS (with my timeslots too).

I'm making a team (can you even call that competitive) with
Ampharos/Mega
Granbull
Alomomola
so far

Bronzong and Bulletproof chespin would round the team fairly well.

VGC and TGC are pretty much ran entirely by Pokemon TOs and have a set-ish infrastructure that can go smoothly and constantly.

Pokken's not really like that. It seems to work best with grassroots tourneys and shit. So it would take longer to get the details down - not to mention the season probably wouldn't start until sometime in 2017 anyways - and i doubt they'd want to announce just "It's gonna be at Worlds! We have no details, but it'll be there!" Especially when, well, Pokken doesn't need details atm while the VGC and TCG need them ASAP.

So I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions quite yet TBH. And 'sides, a Worlds '17 announcement would work best with a Darkrai patch announcement.

Just search for Wolfe Glick's team (Worlds champion this year) which is a team a lot of players are using right now because it's really good.

OR

Search for a team that counters this team, since there will be a lot of them in the tournament.

The issue with this is that the Raichu that was a very important part of the team needs to know endeavor, which it only got via an event.

That seems to just be a random V-jump writer speculating about a new mon and how it could be good competitively.

It's like, "Here's a new mon, go write about it." They probably know as much as we do. Pixelated Hyper Voice is mentioned because it's super common in the Japanese metas (Sylveon in singles, Gardy in doubles) and therefore it's one of the first things to pop into someone's head when they see a Dragon type with Soundproof. They're probably just assuming Mega Gardy will return and don't actually know.

EDIT: That said, i am willing to avatar bet that megas will come back.

brinstar

The magazine quote looks real to me, but it looks like one of those... soapbox columns where the author is just commenting about information that's known or assumed.

Either way, I think it'd be pretty bizarre if they dropped Mega Evolution. I guess the only other bizarre thing is how Mega Evolution has been absent from all official media.

My guess is they will just be relegated to postgame, which is why they haven't shown up in any pre-release media.

So Mega ugly faces are still sticking around, how disappointing.

Meh it doesn't matter as I can continue ignoring them and let other have their fun.

But between Mega and now Alolan form it really does feel that cross gen evolution has been culled.

The existence of those things doesn't necessarily mean cross-gen evolution is gone forever, just that it's sitting out this round. It could still be something they plan to bring back in the future.

Daemul

LMAO at that potato quality. Oha Suta episodes are put on YT after they air ffs, there's no need for that vaseline smudged shit :p

Satoshi Gekkouga

I've timestamped when the clip starts. Look at the bottom right of the video.

Also, Oha Suta showed a couple new screenshots for the SM anime, it actually seems that Ash is going to a proper school with loads of other students, not just Lille and the Trial Captains.

Hydrus

LMAO at that potato quality. Oha Suta episodes are put on YT after they air ffs, there's no need for that vaseline smudged shit :p

Satoshi Gekkouga

I've timestamped when the clip starts. Look at the bottom right of the video.

Also, Oha Suta showed a couple new screenshots for the SM anime, it actually seems that Ash is going to a proper school with loads of other students, not just Lille and the Trial Captains.

Lmao. Didnt see that video. Ignore shit pic.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
darn, was hoping he'd die

also why the hell would mega evos be gone? it's a frigging battle mechanic lol

Going to try and beat Marshal again today so I can beat this game. After I beat this I don't think I'm going to be playing a Pokemon game for a while. They take too damn long to beat.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The existence of those things doesn't necessarily mean cross-gen evolution is gone forever, just that it's sitting out this round. It could still be something they plan to bring back in the future.

Well they better be back in gen 8 or I will...leave another post saying why are they dead while playing my gen 8 game. -_-;

So about Ash and Greninja...

Everyone already knows this, but as if it wasn't official already, this got posted :(
4l9mpp0.jpg

Goodbye froggy.

darn, was hoping he'd die

Well I heard that french people eat frog leg and Kalos is base of France and Greninja is a frog.

Bon appetit, Xerosic.

That's even worst. What do they have against him having his most powerful Pokemon chilling at home with the rest?

Watch him return for the Sun and Moon animé to finally explain what the hell Super Greninja is.

tumblr_nmn354ZQzz1un95hzo1_r3_500.gif

Never made any lick of sense lol

That still annoys me to this day, there was no need for Ambipom to bugger off.

It made the whole Buizel Aipom trade redundant as I was looking forward to seeing how the Pokémon would grow under their new trainer.

But nope Ambipom left the team and Buizel while did get stronger learning Water Pulse and Ice Punch he should have evolved as Ash owning a Floatzel would have been pretty boss.

Going to try and beat Marshal again today so I can beat this game. After I beat this I don't think I'm going to be playing a Pokemon game for a while. They take too damn long to beat.

It used to take me two weeks to finish a Pokémon game but recently it takes me a whole month to finish them due to real life commitment.

Heck I won't be able to play Pokémon Sun when it launches in Europe as it's releasing on a Wednesday and I am busy on that day so I won't actually be able to play it till Thursday.

It used to take me two weeks to finish a Pokémon game but recently it takes me a whole month to finish them due to real life commitment.

Heck I won't be able to play Pokémon Sun when it launches in Europe as it's releasing on a Wednesday and I am busy on that day so I won't actually be able to play it till Thursday.

I think it's been a little over two months for me. I thought it was too, but I remember the last game I played was Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and I checked the thread I made and I beat that game on August 19 or 18.

I didn't want to cheat, but I ended up beating Marshal by using full restores and battle items. Usually my rule is if my opponent uses only one item per battle I do, but I said fuck it, I'm trying to beat this today.

ReaperXL7

Man, I wish I had gotten over my issues with the generations after genv1 sooner. There are a lot more interesting pokemon in x then I thought even if I still don't like stuff like the keyring pokemon.

I'm definitely going to have to pick up alpha sapphire and sun when I have the chance. I might go back a few gens also to snag a couple of legendaries.

I gotta work on getting some friends on 3ds though since I don't have anyone who games much on Nintendo platforms.

Also...I got victini as a mystery gift, is she a solid pokemon?

Top Bottom