• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh yeah, I'd almost forgotten. The suffering never ends, does it.

I am just hoping that the game leaks early in the US so they can suffer next time, though knowing how the Pokémon company pander to the US market they will probably not do anything. ¬_¬;

Ah well it's only five days, six for me, so we can handle it.

By the way did Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire leak early in the US?

GoldStarz

I am just hoping that the game leaks early in the US so they can suffer next time, though knowing how the Pokémon company pander to the US market they will probably not do anything. ¬_¬;

Yo, no one wished this delay on you, kinda rude to wish it on another market because some of your stores leaked it early and people were dumb enough to post about it.

also the reason they pander to the NA market is because it's a larger market, pretty obviously

Canada leaked early.

Kyzer

Banned
How do you explain the delay then?

I could come up with a million justified reasons. I don't know why. What evidence is there to believe that Nintendo is punishing EU other than it being a possibility, especially when they aren't even the only ones leaking anything?

I was EV training my Poliwag tonight and came across a Shiny zigzagoon in a horde battle. I hadn't come across a wild shiny since Generation 3. I wish I had hatched a shiny but I will take it. Shame the nature is Relaxed, but maybe I will use her for Pick up.

Also can someone help evolve my Poliwhirl to Politoed? I can offer you lots of different 4IV breeding rejects if you're looking for something just ask. Thanks.

EDIT: Forget my request, I'll just use the GTS trick. I've already seen too much from the leaks, I got to avoid spoiling anymore. Time to avoid GAF for the next month.

Malrend

Loath as I am to admit it, almost any other explanation you can think up is more valid than this "punishment" nonsense.

At the same time, any rational explanation I can think up, is far less satisfying, because it would mean Nintendo still hasn't figured out how to do a proper "world-wide" launch.

GoldStarz

Loath as I am to admit it, almost any other explanation you can think up is more valid than this "punishment" nonsense.

At the same time, any rational explanation I can think up, is far less satisfying, because it would mean Nintendo still hasn't figured out how to do a proper "world-wide" launch.

Then think up one because "any other explanation that I can think up make more sense" is total crap unless you can back it up with another explanation that makes more sense.

I legit don't have an answer and so far the punishment is the best one I've heard so if you got something then share.

They can do WW launches when they actually want to. e.g. XY

I think it's most likely not punishment but GF not being satisfied with NoE's efforts, or lack there-of, at combating leaks, specifically those from... Germany and France I think? Whichever areas had an easy time finding Pokken like a week early. Whereas NoA tracked down some tiny ass store in Canada and fined them to the point where that store had to close.

So because NoE doesn't give a shit about combating leaks they decided to just get Pokemon games released a bit later in EU instead. Not really as punishment because that's illogical, but to minimize leaks due to the scale at which they happen in specific areas of Europe.

That's just my theory though.

Chase17

so whats going to happen here? what's the rule of leaks for this thread gonna be?
Would like to know this as well.

I guess since there is a leak free thread leaks are ok here? But it sounds like some major stuff is about to drop that might be better to avoid posting in here.

Because you are all evil'

I bet a European was behind tonight's data mine of the Sun/Moon demo.

You Europeans and evil accents.

Hope you could tell I'm joking.

I think it's a case of the many being punish because the actions of the few.

Wiseblade

Demo is fun. Just wish I was able to activate battle bond more the boosts are great.
At a glance, it looks like Ash-Greninja's base Special Attack is around 150. Considering all of his stats except HP are boosted, it's likely a Mega Evolution-esque 100 point bump. That's crazy. No wonder it's banned from VGC 2017, it'd be everywhere.

At a glance, it looks like Ash-Greninja's base Special Attack is around 150. Considering all of his stats except HP are boosted, it's likely a Mega Evolution-esque 100 point bump. That's crazy. No wonder it's banned from VGC 2017, it'd be everywhere.
Yeah I'm surprised how strong they made it. Now just need confirmation on whether it's breedable or not.

PK Gaming

They didn't go out of their way to specifically ban Greninja though, they just limited it to the Regional Dex. In any case, Ash-Greninja might be good, but I doubt it's going to blow away the competition. It's locked the Hardy nature, it's still super frail and its ability is dependent on KOing a Pokemon.

Rutger

Banned
They didn't go out of their way to specifically ban Greninja though, they just limited it to the Regional Dex. In any case, Ash-Greninja might be good, but I doubt it's going to blow away the competition. It's locked the Hardy nature, it's still super frail and its ability is dependent on KOing a Pokemon.

Yeah, it needing to KO a Pokemon first makes me doubt it'll be too strong, especially in VGC. There's also the Z attacks to worry about.

Well, who knows, but I certainly think it's banned because of the Regional Dex rule more than anything else right now.

I could have sworn the Sun/Moon website specifies Ash-Greninja by name when talking about the online battle rulesets.

Yeah here: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/new-pokemon-global-link-features/
In a special Season 1, which will begin November 18, this special format is anticipated to be a Single Battle format where you’ll be able to participate with Pokémon that cannot take part under other battle rules: the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo and Lunala, the Magearna that can be obtained through the QR Scanner, the Ash-Greninja obtainable through the Special Demo Version, and others!

Chase17

Goodra was undefeated going into the Kalos League.

The finals even. It managed a tie against that Slurpuff.

Helped that it was MIA for the who later half of the show though.

Played through the demo and love seeing the trainers in battle. Especially against team skull who were doing their little dance during it.

Chase17

KOs are scarce in the League with Pikachu hogging them all.

# of Clean Knockouts between the semi finals and finals (so a potential of 11)
Pikachu: 4
Greninja: 2
Talonflame: 1
Hawlucha: 1
Goodra/Noivern: 0

Goodra, Talonflame, and Noivern each had a tie.

Didn't realise Talonflame had third best showing.

In conclusion, they should just avoid ties to make others look better.

Top Bottom