• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Zalman

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy the XY anime. Nostalgia aside, I haven't enjoyed the show this much in like 15 years. It's very well done.

Also, the XYZ opening song (Japanese, of course) is so good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still wondering why they changed the ending quote though. Usually it's something around A New Adventure Continues or something, but in XY it's different. It's "And to our own way".

Why? It's nothing. People are slobbering over a 10 year old kissing a boy and then dedicating her life to be more attractive for him, if this isn't proof that the anime is hollow as hell then nothing is.

lmao

not gonna imply anything but this reeks of something lol

Sou Da

Between the final episode of this trainwreck and Red/Blue and Sabrina (where did she even come from in this), I kinda had enough of Pokemon shipping.

I'm still wondering why they changed the ending quote though. Usually it's something around A New Adventure Continues or something, but in XY it's different. It's "And to our own way".

lmao

not gonna imply anything but this reeks of something lol

Take the 'tism implications back to your containment thread on /vp/

Why? It's nothing. People are slobbering over a 10 year old kissing a boy and then dedicating her life to be more attractive for him, if this isn't proof that the anime is hollow as hell then nothing is.

tumblr_inline_njqf0gqpyW1qf34jc.jpg

Boss Doggie

No, I filter that thread. It's still easy to see where you come from.

Dude, I stopped visiting the thread since the three week break and only in Thursdays due to rampant shitposting, that it only became tolerable due to the BTFO status of the shitposters.

But no, my post doesn't really even imply anything about the thread culture. You're just so obsessed with being angry with the anime and what's happening there that it becomes hilarious. As MillionVolts said

Articalys

Was wondering that too, so I looked up a quick comparison of how the anime handled generation transitions:

RB->GS: both part of original series, connected by GS Ball subplot. No special transition, just the usual "To be continued".
GS->AG: Ash decides to leave for Hoenn in 2nd to last OG episode; last episode ends with him arriving in Hoenn. "Next time... a new beginning!" text seen at end of last episode.
AG->DP: Ash decides to leave for Sinnoh in the last AG episode and is on a boat heading there as the episode ends. "Next time... a new beginning!" text at the end. Arrives in Sinnoh at end of first DP episode.
DP->BW: The last DP episode ends just as Ash arrives back at Pallet Town, running towards the town. Unova was never mentioned in the season, nor was any new goal after Sinnoh, but still shows "Next time... a new beginning!" text at the end. BW abruptly starts with Ash leaving to go on a vacation with his mom and Oak to Unova (and a narrator introducing Ash as if he's a new character), and he doesn't decide to stay and challenge the league until the second episode. There are no apparent immediate connections to the previous series besides referencing that Unova has Pokemon not found in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh, and Oak offhandedly mentioning Ash's Pokemon back at the lab, though they do eventually establish stronger continuity with the rest of the series.
BW->XY: Ash decides to leave for Kalos in the last episode and is on a plane heading there as the episode ends. "Next time... a new beginning!" text at the end. Arrives in Kalos at the start of the first XY episode.

So I guess I didn't really figure anything about about why they changed it. Oh well.

I'd personally like to believe they were trying to invoke a greater sense of finality than before and make the next season a clean cut, referencing past events as little as possible, making it as close to a reboot as they can without it actually being one, since SM is so different in looks, tone, and plot. I wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar to the transition to XY where SM will just immediately randomly start with Ash heading to Alola; they already nearly mirrored the ending scene from DP. Except this time the story of Ash the Pokemon League challenger is definitively over.

Gengahrrr

So it looks like the latest Train On. commercial confirmed Charjabug doesn't evolve into Vikavolt until lv.40.

I hope that also implies good things for its stats.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Question about Pokemon, Pokemon bank, and Nintendo accounts.

My daughter currently uses my n3DS to play Pokemon and uses Pokemon bank (?). I'm buying her Pokemon sun for Christmas, and probably buying moon for myself to play along with her.

If I pick up a 2DS bundle, Are there any issues with accounts? Eg my Nintendo account is on the n3DS which my daughter will probably continue to use. So do I need to set up another account on the 2DS? can I play with no account set up? Should I set my daughter up with a Nintendo account on the 2DS (but she probably won't want to play on that and she plays way more than me)

Fireblend

Banned

My daughter currently uses my n3DS to play Pokemon and uses Pokemon bank (?). I'm buying her Pokemon sun for Christmas, and probably buying moon for myself to play along with her.

If I pick up a 2DS bundle, Are there any issues with accounts? Eg my Nintendo account is on the n3DS which my daughter will probably continue to use. So do I need to set up another account on the 2DS? can I play with no account set up? Should I set my daughter up with a Nintendo account on the 2DS (but she probably won't want to play on that and she plays way more than me)

You can transfer your account to the 2DS, and create a new one for your daughter on the 3DS. But in that scenario, if you transfer your stuff to the 2DS, that includes all digital content. I believe you can play without an account, but you may not be able to access online mode like that? You can just create a second account for yourself too. Just be aware you can't have the same account on 2 different devices.

If you want to access the online features, then you're going to need a NNID. Otherwise, yes, you can play offline normally with no account.

If you want to have your account on another system, then you're going to need to setup a Data Transfer with Nintendo, or do a System Transfer between the 2 system you would have. You can't have one account on both systems, unfortunately.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you want to access the online features, then you're going to need a NNID. Otherwise, yes, you can play offline normally with no account.

If you want to have your account on another system, then you're going to need to setup a Data Transfer with Nintendo, or do a System Transfer between the 2 system you would have. You can't have one account on both systems, unfortunately.

Thanks both. My daughter has an account on the wiiU (don't know if it's a full Nintendo account) so I might do that. But I have quite a few digital purchases which I'd prefer to leave on the 3DS. Hmm. £90 for 2DS w/Pokemon moon, or £140 for a used n3DS and physical copy of Pokemon moon (daughter can then use the n3DS with her account).

Is Pokemon bank linked to the Nintendo account? If so that might mean my daughters pokemon are stuck on my account unless they can be transferred across somehow

Wichu

Thanks both. My daughter has an account on the wiiU (don't know if it's a full Nintendo account) so I might do that. But I have quite a few digital purchases which I'd prefer to leave on the 3DS. Hmm. £90 for 2DS w/Pokemon moon, or £140 for a used n3DS and physical copy of Pokemon moon (daughter can then use the n3DS with her account).

Is Pokemon bank linked to the Nintendo account? If so that might mean my daughters pokemon are stuck on my account unless they can be transferred across somehow

Bank is tied to your account, but if you have a physical copy of a Bank-compatible game, you can use that to transfer Pokémon between accounts.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'm missing 4 and 5. I hear almost nothing but good things about these two Gens.

Gen 4 and 5 are some of Game Freak greatest work and I really enjoyed playing them, which is why gen 6 really disappointed me as I was expecting so much from Game Freak but alas that didn't happen and it crushed me.

Though it did teach me not to let my hype get out of control which I did for the Hoenn remake and currently doing for Sun and Moon.

Lynx_7

Kinda funny that we got a "kissing scene" in Pokemon before Ash winning a league. I'm using a very loose definition of "kissing scene" here but hey, it's the intention that counts. At least they proved me wrong on that one lol

Ash's reaction is priceless though. I think even Squall would've given more of a fuck.

Boss Doggie

Kinda funny that we got a "kissing scene" in Pokemon before Ash winning a league. I'm using a very loose definition of "kissing scene" here but hey, it's the intention that counts. At least they proved me wrong on that one lol

Ash's reaction is priceless though. I think even Squall would've given more of a fuck.

I think the expressions of his companions sold it to me lol

fuck, even Shoko is rambling about it!

Also the director of XY put a secret "flower" message apparently, at the end scene of Ash's house having baby's breath flowers (a wedding flower seemingly)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think the expressions of his companions sold it to me lol

fuck, even Shoko is rambling about it!

Also the director of XY put a secret "flower" message apparently, at the end scene of Ash's house having baby's breath flowers (a wedding flower seemingly)

Baby's Breath is a flower that is a symbol of everlasting love, pureness, and innocence. These flowers form delicate white clusters. They are often in wedding bouquets.
:p

harmonize

baby breath flowers can symbolize a reconnection of two people who love each other, which is exactly what's happening in the scene between ash and his mom.

Busaiku

I dunno, I haven't kept up with the media too much.
I just saw Kiawe a lot in the trailers, and saw people mention Lana getting Popplio.

Boss Doggie

I dunno, I haven't kept up with the media too much.
I just saw Kiawe a lot in the trailers, and saw people mention Lana getting Popplio.
yeah I checked, she is part of the main cast

basically gave her bounsweet so ash could get rowlet

harmonize

but then it'd be dumb if it was suddenly about his mom despite all the focus earlier
the focus of the scene the flowers are in is ash meeting his mom again in person for the first time since the end of the last saga, of course the focus would be on the relationship between the two.

i'm not even trying to give amourshipping shit... but the reference was clearly for those two.

Boss Doggie

the focus of the scene the flowers are in is ash meeting his mom again in person for the first time since the end of the last saga, of course the focus would be on the relationship between the two.

i'm not even trying to give amourshipping shit... but the reference was clearly for those two.
How about for both then?

Top Bottom