• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

I've asked here before but I don't think I got an answer. Any idea if ill be able to transfer my Mew from red version over to sun/moon? It's absolutely caught and in my game but I certainly had to use the glitch to get it. Since there's no legit way to get them in the games without the glitch I wonder if there will be something preventing it from transferring.
They can and have blocked legendaries obtained through glitches in the past (Darkrai/Shaymin from D/P, briefly shiny Jirachi from the bonus disc even though that was entirely legit) so we can probably expect the same here. How they go about doing this has yet to be seen, though, as I'm pretty sure if you were to reset for the ID and/or OT of the Japanese event Mew you would be able to send it forward. There's not exactly a lot of ways to check legality in Gen 1.

Daemul

Umm, so, when do we expect the next batch of news? CoroCoro?

With copies making their way across the world over the next week or two, there's a very real possibility that the next stuff we hear will just be people playing through the game. The X and Y leaks nearly a fortnight beforehand were famous, but there were people with copies of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire more than a week before the launch.

Yep. Stores start receiving their copies of SM around the 4th of November, which is in two days, and from then on with each passing day the chance of the game leaking grows exponentially.

The game WILL leak before release, that much is for sure, whether its 2 days before release or two weeks before release, it will happen. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it leaked before Corocoro leaks, so around sometime next week.

They can and have blocked legendaries obtained through glitches in the past (Darkrai/Shaymin from D/P, briefly shiny Jirachi from the bonus disc even though that was entirely legit) so we can probably expect the same here. How they go about doing this has yet to be seen, though, as I'm pretty sure if you were to reset for the ID and/or OT of the Japanese event Mew you would be able to send it forward. There's not exactly a lot of ways to check legality in Gen 1.

Huh. Well maybe I'll be able to have a first gen Mew, that'd be amazing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well shit, this XYZ "Mystery of the Legendaries" special is pretty fucking dark, and the atmosphere is really good, barring the weird "Poke-Greeks and POKE-ROMANS in ancient France" thing. I mean, they use weapons holy shit!

Basically Sycamore and Alexa discovered a statue of a girl and its ties to the XYZ legendaries. Then we flashback to Ancient Kalos which is apparently Poke-Greece, they're trying to avert Yveltal's attack with Jean (the dude) riding on Gogoat firing arrows on Yveltal, SotC style. Even sicked Talonflame who then got blasted, turned to stone, and crashed. Oh and his girlfriend Ilia turned to stone. He fell to a cliff with his girlfriend statue and Gogoat while Yveltal destroyed Poke-Greece. Yveltal then turned to a cocoon and dived into the sea.

Then he looked for Xerneas's tree, ended up with Poke-Romans burning it because sacrilege or something. He tried to stop them since you need Xerneas to undo the damage Yveltal did, but the tree was burning already. Zygarde then came and destroyed everyone because fuck ningens

Jean still holds on to his stone gf and then Xerneas then appeared, so he begged Xerny to revive her. Xerny was like "lol no". So then out of hope, he dragged her statue with Gogoat in a cave and spend his life there. Then we see Poke-Greece trying to rebuild but couldn't because everything's dead.

Suddenly Xerneas appeared and revived everything! lol no girl still statue.

So Jean grows old like Gogoat (whoa old Gogoat), and in his last moments a girl who suspiciously looks like Bonnie (even carries a Dedenne!) sees him, asks him what the statue is about, basically as a way to tell the legend about the legendaries, before presumably passing away

Well shit, this XYZ "Mystery of the Legendaries" special is pretty fucking dark, and the atmosphere is really good, barring the weird "Poke-Greeks and POKE-ROMANS in ancient France" thing. I mean, they use weapons holy shit!

Basically Lysandre and Alexa discovered a statue of a girl and its ties to the XYZ legendaries. Then we flashback to Ancient Kalos which is apparently Poke-Greece, they're trying to avert Yveltal's attack with Jean (the dude) riding on Gogoat firing arrows on Yveltal, SotC style. Even sicked Talonflame who then got blasted, turned to stone, and crashed. Oh and his girlfriend Ilia turned to stone. He fell to a cliff with his girlfriend statue and Gogoat while Yveltal destroyed Poke-Greece. Yveltal then turned to a cocoon and dived into the sea.

Then he looked for Xerneas's tree, ended up with Poke-Romans burning it because sacrilege or something. He tried to stop them since you need Xerneas to undo the damage Yveltal did, but the tree was burning already. Zygarde then came and destroyed everyone because fuck ningens

Jean still holds on to his stone gf and then Xerneas then appeared, so he begged Xerny to revive her. Xerny was like "lol no". So then out of hope, he dragged her statue with Gogoat in a cave and spend his life there. Then we see Poke-Greece trying to rebuild but couldn't because everything's dead.

So Jean grows old like Gogoat (whoa old Gogoat), and in his last moments a girl who suspiciously looks like Bonnie (even carries a Dedenne!) sees him, asks him what the statue is about, basically as a way to tell the legend about the legendaries, before presumably passing away
That is messed up. Why did it not bring the girl back?
Zygarde first mass murdering Pokemon?

Fireblend

Banned
It's evidently a parable about things that are never meant to be, no matter how hard you wish for them, obviously. Like Ash winning the league.

Just saw the Mimikyu short music clip video again. That Pokémon is cute.

He was robbed with no Raichu sheet evolution. He could've wanted to actually be cool instead of wanting to be liked. His evolution would be to use a Thunder then we see Mimikyu hide behind a screen and all we see is the Pikachu cloth being thrown out and him reaching for a Raichu sheet.

Mimikyu in a Pikachu is more defensive with a defensive ability but if you evolve him into Raichu he becomes more offensive with a offensive ability.

I'm going to do a run threw with him in my team and will do a competitive build Mimikyu once I learn how to use him.

i'm starting to think that ash is gonna get both rowlet and litten

like based on the lastest preview, from the looks of thing he wants to catch both of them

hopefully it's doesn't turn out like sinnoh where one of then gets all the screen time and the other becomes a jobber

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I love the new SM preview with Meowth peeking under Mimikyu's sheet and getting shook.

Also Ash running up to hug Bewear before it goes Bruce Lee on some innocent trees...

I can't wait for Team Rocket to get those two.

i'm starting to think that ash is gonna get both rowlet and litten
My impression is Litten is a Pokemon that just hangs around the school...

Probably why that one leaked concept art shows Rowlet and Popplio with Incineroar, maybe the Litten at the school quickly evolves and becomes a supporting character or something basically.

Boss Doggie

whoops, meant Sycamore, not Lysandre

That is messed up. Why did it not bring the girl back?
Zygarde first mass murdering Pokemon?

Nah Yveltal is still the first mass murdering Pokemon, he outright killed Talonflame cold blood even.

And I guess Xerneas never really revived any human - it only revived the environment after all, and indirectly helped the still living humans. Also I guess it was pissed that it was being burned when it was in its cocoon state.

Also, Poke-Romans burning a symbol of what is essentially the avatar of life? Stupidity or symbolism of Bible - you make the call!

Forgot to mention stuff like Greek Olympia.

It's evidently a parable about things that are never meant to be, no matter how hard you wish for them, obviously. Like Ash winning the league.

Ash (Jean) dying of old age never obtaining the pokemon master (the statue) but is happy with his aged Raichu Pikachu (Gogoat) and he's beside it, sounds accurate.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Basically Sycamore and Alexa discovered a statue of a girl and its ties to the XYZ legendaries. Then we flashback to Ancient Kalos which is apparently Poke-Greece, they're trying to avert Yveltal's attack with Jean (the dude) riding on Gogoat firing arrows on Yveltal, SotC style. Even sicked Talonflame who then got blasted, turned to stone, and crashed. Oh and his girlfriend Ilia turned to stone. He fell to a cliff with his girlfriend statue and Gogoat while Yveltal destroyed Poke-Greece. Yveltal then turned to a cocoon and dived into the sea.

This shit should have been in the game but nope Xerneas/Yveltal gotta be used as a battery source, while Zygarde gets ignored and we watch boring AZ appear out of nowhere and sob about his boring dead Floette.

Daemul

This shit should have been in the game but nope Xerneas/Yveltal gotta be used as a battery source, while Zygarde gets ignored and we watch boring AZ appear out of nowhere and sob about his boring dead Floette.

I agree, that fact that we have to rely on the anime to give us some proper insight on the legendaries and especially the mythicals is annoying as fuck, though that could be a deal that GameFreak have with TV Tokyo, the games introduce the legendaries and the anime fleshes them out, which is a fair deal I suppose, but not any less grating.

GoldStarz

I agree, that fact that we have to rely on the anime to give us some proper insight on the legendaries and especially the mythicals is annoying as fuck, though that could be a deal that GameFreak have with TV Tokyo, the games introduce the legendaries and the anime fleshes them out, which is a fair deal I suppose, but not any less grating.

I'm not buying it. Gen IV and Gen V fleshed out their most of their legends to at least some degree. Not to mention most of the Legends barely appeared outside of the movies. Zygarde is the only Gen 6 Legend that got any appearance before this latest episode outside of the movies.

Quick question here. I still have the original 3ds and just today I downloaded the Pokémon sun moon demo. If I buy a new n3ds will the game be 3d? Because the demo is just 2d and if I remember correctly, the n3ds is more powerful? Or is the 3d feature just not something that the game supports? I was thinking about the n3ds xl galaxy version. But not really sure anymore.

I think I'm going to turn off Exp Share to make my first playthrough last longer. I didn't do that in Y and I beat that fairly quickly. And it'll take me back to the old days of having to level each Pokemon individually. I'll just turn it on when I finished the game and I'm filling up my Pokedex. And play on Set mode, not Shift.

Man, the games are so close :)

GoldStarz

Inb4 stores break street date on the 18th.
I mean I'm pretty sure that's more or less what was expected. The whole reason for the delay is speculated to breaking street date in the first place.

Quick question here. I still have the original 3ds and just today I downloaded the Pokémon sun moon demo. If I buy a new n3ds will the game be 3d? Because the demo is just 2d and if I remember correctly, the n3ds is more powerful? Or is the 3d feature just not something that the game supports? I was thinking about the n3ds xl galaxy version. But not really sure anymore.
Sorry, it just doesn't really support it. Pokemon SuMo is pretty much 2D only outside of PokeFinder. Having a 3DS or N3DS won't really affect it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still think the X/Y leak where we saw Hawlucha and Greninja (two of Generation VI's most popular Pokemon) a bit before the full leaks set in was totally done on purpose to drum up PR.

Busaiku

I don't get the notion that leaks are intentional.
Why wouldn't they release the media themselves then, they'd get even more attention.

Malrend

I don't get the notion that leaks are intentional.
Why wouldn't they release the media themselves then, they'd get even more attention.

"Leaks" create a lot more persistent buzz due to the mystery of the whether the information is real or fake.
Actual news probably generate more immediate attention, but for keeping the attention long term, leaking is the better way forward as a method of keeping speculation alive.

Boss Doggie

Yeah no I doubt the leaks are intentional.

It's just the side-effect of having a third party Chinese company methinks. Same thing happened with KoF14.

What's the ETA on the game unlocking in 18th on eshop? 12AM?

GoldStarz

Gen VI didn't have Chinese partnership iirc, it was only in Gen VII did Pokemon started a Chinese trademark

You know we're talking about this:

I still think the X/Y leak where we saw Hawlucha and Greninja (two of Generation VI's most popular Pokemon) a bit before the full leaks set in was totally done on purpose to drum up PR.

right? I mean personally I don't buy that it was a planned leak but the Chinese third party is only relevant to the leaks in Gen VII, which is not currently the topic.

Boss Doggie

You know we're talking about this:

right? I mean personally I don't buy that it was a planned leak but the Chinese third party is only relevant to the leaks in Gen VII, which is not currently the topic.

Oh I thought people were talking about the Gen VII leak, my bad,

Can I pull down Pokemon from Omega Ruby into X, or can it only go from X into OR?

I finally got my Bank set up, so I transferred what I had in Black into X, will finish up X, then put all those guys into the bank in preparation for Sun/Moon.

Can I pull down Pokemon from Omega Ruby into X, or can it only go from X into OR?

I finally got my Bank set up, so I transferred what I had in Black into X, will finish up X, then put all those guys into the bank in preparation for Sun/Moon.
The bank for sun and moon won't be available until January. And once they are sent to sun and moon they are stuck there.

kyo2004

You can trade between OR and X with some limitations (you can't trade pokes from OR who have moves that aren't in X, like Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent, Kyogre with Origin Pulse, Groudon with Precipices Blades and so on)...

http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/Compatibility_With_X_and_Y

Bought some Pokemon games today:

scSSnNL.jpg

Battery on Emerald is dry though. What time should I set the clock if it's going to be stuck the whole time?

So will this unlock at Midnight on the 18th or 10 AM on the 18th?

I'm debating if I should go to the midnight release for my Physical Moon copy or play my digital Sun copy at Midnight.

Wichu

Bought some Pokemon games today:

Battery on Emerald is dry though. What time should I set the clock if it's going to be stuck the whole time?

Awesome haul :)

I think the only thing that the time changes in Emerald is whether Eevee evolves into Espeon or Umbreon, which is only relevant if you have another game where Eevee is actually obtainable (FireRed/LeafGreen/XD: Gale of Darkness). Everything else is based on the passage of time, not the actual time itself.

Awesome haul :)

I think the only thing that the time changes in Emerald is whether Eevee evolves into Espeon or Umbreon, which is only relevant if you have another game where Eevee is actually obtainable (FireRed/LeafGreen/XD: Gale of Darkness). Everything else is based on the passage of time, not the actual time itself.
Quick search on Bulbapedia tells me that the tide at Shoal Cave is also affected by time of day. Low tide looks like it lets you explore more of the cave, so it seems like setting my clock for low tide would be a good idea?

So will this unlock at Midnight on the 18th or 10 AM on the 18th?

I'm debating if I should go to the midnight release for my Physical Moon copy or play my digital Sun copy at Midnight.
It'll prob unlock at midnight EST or near then IIRC - I recall doing the same for XY, and it was rough then since everyone was downloading it back then, lol

Should be easier because of preloading this time around, though :)

Quick search on Bulbapedia tells me that the tide at Shoal Cave is also affected by time of day. Low tide looks like it lets you explore more of the cave, so it seems like setting my clock for low tide would be a good idea?
You can't catch Snorunt at all if you don't set it for low tide, so go with that.

Alternatively, you could look up how to replace the battery before you start. It's a little bit more difficult with GBA carts than GB/C carts, but when I was inexperienced it only took about an hour (4 tops if you get somebody at the plant who really loved soldering things).

You can't catch Snorunt at all if you don't set it for low tide, so go with that.

Alternatively, you could look up how to replace the battery before you start. It's a little bit more difficult with GBA carts than GB/C carts, but when I was inexperienced it only took about an hour (4 tops if you get somebody at the plant who really loved soldering things).
I think I'll just set the in-game clock to 6pm. I thought about changing the battery, but I'd have to buy a replacement battery, buy the right screwdriver, then hope I don't mess up the solder as I haven't soldered anything since with grade. Nah, not worth it for some berries.

I've decided I want to hold regularly scheduled (probably biweekly or monthly) gaf tournaments once Sun and Moon come out with different themes each time (some will be vgc rules, smogon rules, some will be special rules, etc.) and I wanted to gauge preliminary interest.

First one I was thinking of running would be held probably 2 weeks after launch and be mostly for fun with the rules being you use the team you first beat the game with (Although you'd be allowed to evolve and teach new moves and the like after you beat the game, and it would be a flat level battle so level grinding wouldn't be necessary)

Top Bottom