• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

They're going for a wider rotating cast in Sun and Moon, rather than the normal smaller roster of travelling companions.

Ash- Pikachu, probably Rowlet, maybe Litten
Mallow- Bounsweet
Lana- Popplio
Sophocles- Togedemaru
Kiawe- Turtonator
Lillie- ???

JoeM86

They're going for a wider rotating cast in Sun and Moon, rather than the normal smaller roster of travelling companions.

Ash- Pikachu, probably Rowlet, maybe Litten
Mallow- Bounsweet
Lana- Popplio
Sophocles- Togedemaru
Kiawe- Turtonator
Lillie- ???

Lillie seems to have Alolan Vulpix.

And maybe Cosmog

ash_ag

They have remade the classic card Here Comes Team Rocket! as well as Giovanni's Scheme with full arts as part of the Team Rocket promotion that has been going on lately. These were revealed a while ago, but we finally got to see them in high-res today.

uDlMGul.jpg

This is the third game-based illustration for Jessie and James! I was hoping they'd receive one during the 20th Anniversary, so I'm really glad to see this.

Busaiku

What are some sites that focus primarily on merchandise news?
Joe mainly focuses on just the games/shows, so I often miss out on a bunch of stuff.
Only found out about Mario Pikachu a few days ago.

Sou Da

Man I was looking back at it and it's really fucking hard to deny gen 6 was way easier than gen 5.

Post game boss of BW2

oOqFeyF.png

Post game boss of XY

gC4jaF3.png

I didn't even bother using the Challenge mode version of Colress to give XY a handicap.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Does anybody know a good place to train in Pokémon Emerald, I normally use Gabby and Ty but I feel that using them to get my team up to level 50 for the league and then level 60 for the Frontier Brain would take too long.

Man I was looking back at it and it's really fucking hard to deny gen 6 was way easier than gen 5.

Post game boss of BW2

oOqFeyF.png

Post game boss of XY

gC4jaF3.png

I didn't even bother using the Challenge mode version of Colress to give XY a handicap.

Not only that but I just recently defeated Juan in Pokémon Emerald and his Kingdra gave a me a bit of trouble between his Double teaming, Rest+Chesto berry combo.

I had to wall his Ice Beam with Kura, my Tentacruel, and then switch to Ecko, my Sceptile, to use Aerial Ace and even then he still ran into trouble as Kingdra kept sleeping off the damage so I had to switch between Dragon Claw and Aerial to save PP.

Now in gen 6, Wulfric didn't even make a scratch on my team nor did he give me any trouble.

They did make the game brain dead easy in X and Y and it continued in the Hoenn remake and I fear that it will continue into Sun and Moon.

Tierno was at least understandable as he had the dance theme going on, but a Roserade that only knew Petal Dance? A few steps away from a route where you can catch a Grass type that is known for dancing much more and learns a bunch more dance moves? Ugh.

Qurupeke

At least the final rematch with Wally in ORAS is pretty impressive. His team is really good and competitive oriented. Hell, he even has a Gale Wings Talonflame.

Sou Da

Tierno was at least understandable as he had the dance theme going on, but a Roserade that only knew Petal Dance? A few steps away from a route where you can catch a Grass type that is known for dancing much more and learns a bunch more dance moves? Ugh.

The entire crew in XY was lame as shit.

Tierno is just a loathsome character, there's no saving him

Also lol.

Strongest possible Iris

YaQvfPn.png

Strongest possible Diantha

QRuSWXt.png

Stored power but no actual stat raising move, pixelate but no normal type damaging move.

No hold items, all her Pokemon are using level up movesets.

Jesus Christ.

Hey guys, I havent really been super up to date with all the Pokemon stuffs lately, and never really used any of the stuff like the bank, but getting ready for Sun/Moon I have a few questions:

Can I put any/all of my Pokemon from X into the bank, and grab them in Sun/Moon?

Can I use the bank in Red/Blue from the e shop?

Is there a complete list of all Pokemon capturable in Sun/Moon?

Hey guys, I havent really been super up to date with all the Pokemon stuffs lately, and never really used any of the stuff like the bank, but getting ready for Sun/Moon I have a few questions:

Can I put any/all of my Pokemon from X into the bank, and grab them in Sun/Moon?

Can I use the bank in Red/Blue from the e shop?

Is there a complete list of all Pokemon capturable in Sun/Moon?
Yes to the first two, but only in the January update to Bank. Transferring to S/M will mean they can't go back to X or R/B, though.

The third is still unknown. The datamine did manage to grab all of the regional lists so we do know what's in the main story, but we don't know about the postgame. Also the lists have been linked in the leak thread on Gaming side and I doubt people want them posted here.

Yes to the first two, but only in the January update to Bank. Transferring to S/M will mean they can't go back to X or R/B, though.

The third is still unknown. The datamine did manage to grab all of the regional lists so we do know what's in the main story, but we don't know about the postgame. Also the lists have been linked in the leak thread on Gaming side and I doubt people want them posted here.

Great, thank you :)

Aside from not being able to play the main game with those Pokemon, is there any other downside? Like; things I can only do with Pokemon in X/Y and R/B?

Maybe someone here can help me. I'm looking for a specific wallpaper that was basically all the legendary and mythical Pokemon going around in a circle, and I think Arceus was in the middle. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, can you help me find it please?

Mr-Joker

Banned
The entire crew in XY was lame as shit.

Indeed, they had zero personality and all their character growth was done off screen.

It was like Game Freak wasn't even trying.

At least the final rematch with Wally in ORAS is pretty impressive. His team is really good and competitive oriented. Hell, he even has a Gale Wings Talonflame.

But it's Wally though. :|

Tierno is just a loathsome character, there's no saving him

Also lol.

Strongest possible Iris

YaQvfPn.png

Strongest possible Diantha

QRuSWXt.png

Stored power but no actual stat raising move, pixelate but no normal type damaging move.

No hold items, all her Pokemon are using level up movesets.

Jesus Christ.

I never bothered with the Battle Chateau but holy fuck that is bad and another reason why Diantha is the worse champion ever.

Where's that XY sequel damn it!

X and Y could have really benefited from having a third version so redeem the flaws of Kalos and its NPC but alas it didn't get one and will forever be a disappointment in my eyes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Guess what's the second XY special!

It's Cilan! Cilan x Clemont episode it seems. Thought it should have been obvious with the data broadcast of Stunfisk.

Man being voiced by Mamoru Miyano really helped his popularity.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They have remade the classic card Here Comes Team Rocket! as well as Giovanni's Scheme with full arts as part of the Team Rocket promotion that has been going on lately. These were revealed a while ago, but we finally got to see them in high-res today.

uDlMGul.jpg

Great art but I wish they were in their classic white uniforms---seeing them in black just reminds me of Best Wishes and how much I hated the "serious" Team Rocket.

Speaking of Best Wishes Iris fans got DENIED
I'm one tho.

Boss Doggie

Has Aoi Yuuki ever voiced someone who isn't annoying? I also hated her as Yurusen in Kamen Rider Ghost.

ash_ag

Great art but I wish they were in their classic white uniforms---seeing them in black just reminds me of Best Wishes and how much I hated the "serious" Team Rocket.

Speaking of Best Wishes Iris fans got DENIED
I'm one tho.

I guess they wanted to reference the original card. But their white clothes are definitely far more iconic. I loved that they used them in EX Team Rocket Returns, even though Jessie and James weren't in FRLG.

kupDTbA.png
IYStbuB.png

It would be fun to see TRio in SM, possibly in a side-story linked to the Battle Tree.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I guess they wanted to reference the original card. But their white clothes are definitely far more iconic. I loved that they used them in EX Team Rocket Returns, even though Jessie and James weren't in FRLG.

kupDTbA.png
IYStbuB.png

It would be fun to see TRio in SM, possibly in a side-story linked to the Battle Tree.

Since Ash seems to be "canon" perhaps in SM I agree, seeing them pop up would be fun.

I just hope they're more or less in-character and the game version wouldn't make them too serious. I mean more competent in battle of course, but they still need to have some funny dialogue and not appear too imposing.

ash_ag

Since Ash seems to be "canon" perhaps in SM I agree, seeing them pop up would be fun.

I just hope they're more or less in-character and the game version wouldn't make them too serious. I mean more competent in battle of course, but they still need to have some funny dialogue and not appear too imposing.

They were goofs in Yellow, so it would make sense to follow off that. Heck, have them actually succeed in stealing Red's Pikachu -- only to be beaten by the Player Character. :p

kupDTbA.png
IYStbuB.png

It just hit me that both of them are making R poses.

This is my first time getting a Pokemon game at launch and I was wondering if they typically sell out or if I won't have any trouble finding them on the 18th without preordering.

This is my first time getting a Pokemon game at launch and I was wondering if they typically sell out or if I won't have any trouble finding them on the 18th without preordering.
They usually don't, but we also haven't had a Pokemon GO-level franchise craze for well over a decade. I did just to be on the safe side.

Boss Doggie

"serious" team rocket was one of the few times their scenes wasn't a giant waste.

it was clashing to the tone they have established for themselves as well as the show that it inadvertently made it a waste too, doubly when all their efforts were a) for a canceled arc and b) a really underwhelming arc involving Giovanni and the kamis

I feel like when people mention serious team rocket they're just throwing out stuff

Umm, so, when do we expect the next batch of news? CoroCoro?

With copies making their way across the world over the next week or two, there's a very real possibility that the next stuff we hear will just be people playing through the game. The X and Y leaks nearly a fortnight beforehand were famous, but there were people with copies of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire more than a week before the launch.

I've asked here before but I don't think I got an answer. Any idea if ill be able to transfer my Mew from red version over to sun/moon? It's absolutely caught and in my game but I certainly had to use the glitch to get it. Since there's no legit way to get them in the games without the glitch I wonder if there will be something preventing it from transferring.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So after what felt like hours grinding my team up to level 60, I started my Battle Frontier challenge starting with the Battle Factory...I had forgotten how the AI cheats with hax as they froze my Pokémon twice in the same battle and burned my Pokémon two times over the course the run. ¬_¬;

Still won the first streak though and I am hoping that the rest of the Frontier challenge will go smoothly.

I've asked here before but I don't think I got an answer. Any idea if ill be able to transfer my Mew from red version over to sun/moon? It's absolutely caught and in my game but I certainly had to use the glitch to get it. Since there's no legit way to get them in the games without the glitch I wonder if there will be something preventing it from transferring.

We don't know yet, which makes me wonder how Missingno will be treated as well since it's a glitch data.

Top Bottom